Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to start/stop/restart NFS on AIX Post 302208567 by jredx on Tuesday 24th of June 2008 08:36:59 AM
Old 06-24-2008
How to start/stop/restart NFS on AIX

Hi,

Very new to aix

How to start/stop/restart NFS on AIX

thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Start/Stop Script

I'm a newbie to the Unix world Help! I have to maintain a host of Sybase database servers sitting on Unix Sun Solaris 8...I've been tasked with finding/creating a way to auto start/stop Unix via unix commands, specifically when the Unix servers need to be restarted we want Sybase to start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjv1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop/Start proftpd

Hi everyone, I was wondering how to configure ftp access for one user when I found this board. After some searches I found my infos around proftpd (and the great config file proftpd.conf who answered to all my dreams...) but now I only need to stop proftpd and restart it (I guess it is needed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lomic
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Log 'syslog start/stop/restart' messages

How can I tell my syslog.conf to log "syslog start/stop/restart" messages on a Solaris box? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunnyK
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start Stop Restart

I'm wondering how I should make a script that can start, stop, and restart another script. What I need to be able to do, is start and stop a perl script from the command line. The easiest way of doing this seems to be to have another script, starting and stopping the other script. I have BASH,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bakes
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

guarantee to start before restart...

Hi All, is there a way or script that i can check my AIX 5.3 OS will restart before i made restart? is there a script that can check all the startup files are ok before restarting. it is because i was stuck last time when i restart my PC because some startup files were missing:o. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcomex999
2 Replies

6. Solaris

NFS client service restart

Can any one please tell me the command for NFS client service restart.This is to resolve, NFS mount slowness issue.Mount is very slow for both read and write operations.The below commands are not helping out in this situation. ---------- Post updated at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous update was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksvaisakh
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop/Start vs. Restart

Is there any functional difference between: issuing separate stop/start commands like this; super (handler) (instance) stop super (handler) (instance) start versus issuing a single recycle command like this; super (handler) (instance) restart (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newbix
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help scripting to start, check, and restart processes

Here it goes from my unexperienced point of view. I am using CentOS 5.6. I have a Java based server that needs to be running 24/7/365. To begin from the machine the server is on rebooting; I SSH in to a shell, cd to the server dir, screen -S server1, and execute ./exec (listed below) in the screen.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: MacG32
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

factor [start[stop]

Another question for you guys! This is so fun. So I am playing around with the factor operation. I read in "man factor" that you can actually print a list of primes in between a range, using the syntax factor ] However, every time I enter two values, it just returns the factored value.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: statichazard
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Can't stop/restart postfix - pid associated with another process

This issue could happen to any other service but in this case its commssioning Postfix - it seems i can't stop postfix as the PID relates to another service - i've delete the 'master.lock' but to no available - any ideas, memeory commands etc ? thanks in advance ps. the serve is in Production so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
2 Replies
gdm-restart(1m) 						   User Commands						   gdm-restart(1m)

NAME
gdm-restart, gdm-safe-restart, gdm-stop - stop or restart GDM SYNOPSIS
gdm-restart gdm-safe-restart gdm-stop DESCRIPTION
gdm-restart stops and restarts GDM by sending a HUP signal to the GDM daemon. This command immediately terminates all sessions and logs out users currently logged in with GDM. gdm-safe-restart stops and restarts GDM by sending a USR1 signal to the GDM daemon. GDM is restarted as soon as all users log out. gdm-stop stops GDM by sending a TERM signal to the GDM daemon. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gdm-restart Executable to stop and restart GDM /usr/bin/gdm-safe-restart Executable to stop and restart GDM safely /usr/bin/stop Executable to stop GDM ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-display-mgr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gdmXnestchooser(1), gdmdynamic(1), gdmflexiserver(1), gdmphotosetup(1), gdmthemetester(1), gdm(1m), gdmsetup(1m), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004, 2006. SunOS 5.11 1 Sep 2004 gdm-restart(1m)