Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Unable to remove file using rm: Disk space is full Post 302206665 by Pankajakshan on Wednesday 18th of June 2008 07:42:08 AM
Old 06-18-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
try:
Code:
mv debug.out22621 /tmp
rm -f /tmp/debug.out22621

I guess its not allowing any of the operations: SmilieSmilie

mv debug.out22621 /tmp
mv: writing `/tmp/debug.out22621': No space left on device

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

[Sol10/VMWare] Unable to see new disk space.

The master copy was set to 5 gigs. As the instance is cloned, additional space is provided. I was given a new instance along with 15 gigs of additional space. The problem is I can't see the additional space, either as additional space on the primary disk or as a second disk. # format Searching... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
8 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris 8 / disk space almost full

Hi All, My Solaris 8 firewall server is getting full on the / filesystem. I don't know which one should I delete. I think there's no more to delete on the file like logs or temp file. Does someone knows about deleting a safe file (or folder) on FS like /usr, /opt, /platform, /kernel, /sbin?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install new packages when disk space is full

during installation i created four partitions mainly / 5GB /home 1GB /boot 100MB swap 2GB now since i didnt make the /usr partition all of the packages were being installed in the / partition ..now all the space in the / partition is filled ...i ran du -h... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to understand disk layout and where are the free space

Hi I am unable to understand the disk layout of one of my disk attached to v240. This is newly installed system from jumpstart. I am unable to see the free space on backup slice 2 and there are 0 to 8 slices listed when I run format and print the disk info, also there is no reference of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disk Space full

I was tryin to copy a large file under /tmp location. I guess the disk space got full and i got fork error. Then I tried removing some files but the shell did not let me do anything bash> rm apache22.tar bash: fork: Not enough space bash> pwd /tmp bash> vmstat 1 bash: fork: Not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to catch the redirection error when the disk is full

Hi Experts, Problem summary : I am facing the below problem on huge files when the disk is getting full on the half way through the execution. If the disk was already full , the commands fail & everything is fine. Sample Code : head_rec_data_file=`head -1 sample_file.txt` cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pruthviraj_shiv
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to find utilized disk space on zone server.

Hi, I am unable to find remaining space on solaris 10. below is output. I am facing this issue on zone server. bash-3.00# df -h / Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on / 59G 59G 0K 100% / bash-3.00# pwd / bash-3.00# du -sh * 1K File_Stores 19K TT_DB 9K app 1K bin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unable to get full FS space after mounting

Hi, I am unable to get the full FS space, as /home is 100% utilized and after deleting unwanted files, its still 100%. After checking the du -sk * | sort -n output and converting it to MBs, the total sizes comes out to be 351 MBs only however the lvol is of 3GB. I don't know where is all the space... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kits
2 Replies

9. AIX

Unable to remove VIOS disk

Hello, I am unable to remove the disk, whenever i remove the disk using rmdev -dl hdisk2 or rmdev -Rdl hdisk2 the disk appears back when i run cfgmgr but unable to create any volume group on it # mkvg -y foovg hdisk2 0516-008 /usr/sbin/mkvg: LVM system call returned an unknown ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
20 Replies
Uutry(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 Uutry(1M)

NAME
Uutry, uutry - attempt to contact remote system with debugging on SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/uucp/Uutry [-r] [-c type] [-x debug-level] system-name DESCRIPTION
Uutry is a shell script that is used to invoke uucico(1M) to call a remote site. Debugging is initially turned on and is set to the default value of 5. The debugging output is put in file /tmp/system-name. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -r This option overrides the retry time that is set in file /var/uucp/.Status/system-name. -c type The first field in the Devices file is the "Type" field. The -c option forces uucico to use only entries in the "Type" field that match the user-specified type. The specified type is usually the name of a local area network. -x debug-level debug-level is a number from 0 to 9. Higher numbers give more detailed debugging information. FILES
/etc/uucp/Devices /etc/uucp/Limits /etc/uucp/Permissions /etc/uucp/Systems /tmp/system-name /var/spool/locks/* /var/spool/uucp/* /var/spool/uucppublic/* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWbnuu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
uucp(1C), uux(1C), uucico(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 18 May 1993 Uutry(1M)