Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To pass the .sql file as a paramter to sqlplus through shell programming Post 302205935 by jim mcnamara on Monday 16th of June 2008 02:13:38 PM
Old 06-16-2008
use a here document
Code:
sqlplus -s user/pswd@somedb <<EOF
START 1.sql
EXIT
EOF

START is pretty much the same as @.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Shell variables to sqlplus use them as parameters

Hi, I am trying to pass some of the variables in my shell scripts to the sqlplus call and use them as parameters. For example, I would like to replace the 'SAS', and '20050612' with $var1 and $var2, respectively, how can I do that? --------------------------------------------------------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jtrinh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass parameter from sqlplus(procedure completed) to your shell script

if then # mail -s "Import failed file does not exist" sanjay.jaiswal@xyz.com echo "FILE does not exist" exit 1 fi echo "FILE EXIST" size=-1 set $(du /export/home/oracle/nas/scott21.dmp.gz) while do echo "Inside the loop" size=$1 set $(du... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanora600
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to SQL file passed in shell script?

Hi, I am using SYBASE database. in my script i am connecting to DB via using isql. isql -U${S_USER} -S${S_SERV} -D${S_DB} -P${S_PWD} -b0 -w3000 -h0 -s"|" -i${MYDIR}/ABC.sql -oXYZ.txt << FINSQL i am taking a ABC.sql file to use the queries written in it and storing the output in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to execute multiple .sql scripts from within a shell script using sqlplus

using sqlplus I want to execute a .sql script that has dbms_output statments in rhe script. I want to write the dbms_output statements from .sql file to a log file. is this possible. thanks any help would be appreciated :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRS80
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't get shell parameters to pass properly to sqlplus

Gurus, The issue I'm having is that my Shell won't accept SQL parameters properly...... Here's they way I'm running it.... applmgr@ga006hds => sh CW_MigrationDeployScript.sh apps <appspwd> <SID> '01-JAN' '31-MAR' The process just hangs not submitting the SQL job... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhoDatWhoDer
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Variable from shell script to select query for SqlPlus?

echo "set echo off"; echo "set feedback off"; echo "set linesize 4000"; echo " set pagesize 0"; echo " set sqlprompt ''"; echo " set trimspool on"; Select statement is mentioned below echo "select res.ti_book_no from disney_ticket_history res where res.ti_status =${STATUS} and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies

8. Programming

How to pass parameter from file to sqlplus in UNIX?

i have file in which i have employee id are there and every time number of employee id are different in file means number of count of employee id in file are every time different. 343535435 365765767 343534543 343543543 i want to pass this file to sqlplus and sql command is ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass value from .Shell script to .SQL file

Hi All, I am new to shell script. I am trying to pass value from .sh file to .sql file . But I am able to run the .sql file from .sh file with values in sql file. But I am unable to pass the values from .sh file. can some one please help to resolve this. here is my .sh file s1.sh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddy298599
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pass value from sqlplus to shell on AIX

hello friend good morning I have a problem, how can I take the value that the PROCEDURE returns to me in the variable "CodError", when the connection to the bbdd is closed I lose the value and I need it in the shell #AIX cat <<EOF | sqlplus -s ${ORA_LOGIN}/${ORA_PASSWORD} > $logftmp set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
6 Replies
DDIF(5) 							File Formats Manual							   DDIF(5)

Name
       DDIF - Digital Document Interchange Format (DDIF) files

Description
       Digital	Document Interchange Format (DDIF) is a DDIS/ASN.1 encoding for the interchange of revisable compound documents with document pro-
       cessing systems.  DDIF is also a document output format, a storage format for user documents residing on a disk, and  a	compound  document
       format.

The  purpose  of DDIF is to allow the creation of compound documents and also to serve as a standard intermediate format for the conversion
       of documents based on other formats.  For example, a simple ASCII text file can be converted to DDIF, and the DDIF file can  then  be  con-
       verted to PostScript.  A DDIF document can also be converted to ASCII.

DDIF files are documents or portions of compound documents.  A DDIF document is considered a simple document if it consists of one file.  A
       DDIF document is considered a compound document if it consists of more than one file, the master of which must be a DDIF file.

A DDIF file can contain storage addresses (for example, filename) of other files, which must be DDIF, ASCII text,  binary,  or  PostScript.
       References to DOTS files is not supported.

Because	a  DDIF file can reference another DDIF file and the referenced DDIF file can reference other DDIF files, a DDIF document can con-
       sist of a tree of files.

The following commands are used to manipulate DDIF files:

cdoc		   Provides a set of converters to and from DDIF format.

ctod		   Packs DDIF documents into DOTS syntax.  The user can choose to archive a DDIF document in  this  manner.   The  command
			   also copies DDIF files from one location to another.

dtoc		   Copies DDIF files from one location to another.

dxvdoc		   Enables  user to view DDIF documents. The command is used on workstations running ULTRIX UWS software.  The command can
			   also display imbedded graphics and image data that is encoded in the DDIF syntax.

vdoc		   Enables user to view DDIF documents.  The command is for use on character-cell terminals.

DDIF documents can be mailed to other users.

See Also
       cdoc(1), ctod(1), dtoc(1), vdoc(1), dxvdoc(1X), DOTS(5), DDIS(5)

DDIF(5)