Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find total size for some files? Post 302203340 by robotronic on Sunday 8th of June 2008 04:32:59 AM
Old 06-08-2008
MySQL

Very smart solution jim! There's always something to learn.

I have to write this down: for the future, you'll never know Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to find the total size of a dirctory tree in Solaris

Hi, I want to find the total size of some directory trees in my solaris 9 machine. Is there a command or utility I can use to do it. Please let me know if there is any way. Thanks Akheel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

2. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 - How to find the total size of my hard disk?

Friends, I have an 80 GB HDD, but I wish to know if there is a direct command in Solaris 10 to find out the size of my hard disk (similar to fdisk -l in Linux). Thank you saagar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the total file size for certain files per directory

Hi, I am trying to get the total file size for certain files per directory. I am using find /DirectoryPath -name '*.dta' -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '{ print $NF ": " $5 }' > /users/cergun/My\ Documents/dtafiles.txt but this lists all the files in the directories. I need the total... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cergun
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get total size of files

as we use du - sh *.frm In This command It will show the list of files and size But I want the Total size that these files in directory with extension .frm How can we do This (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the total size of all directories that are owned by a particular User

Hi All, I am writing a script in which i need find the total size of all the directories that are present in a directory which are owned by a particular user. I will explain in details i have a dir DIR1 in which i have 5 dir's DIRA DIRB DIRC DIRD DIRE. DIRA DIRC DIRE are owned by "eswar" i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use Awk and Array to get total size of files

Hello all, I need to do scripts total up the size in selected extension file for example motion.mov and segmentation.avi is in Label Media. For file info.doc and calc.xls in Label Document. I need output will be like this: count 1 Media,,2 GB count 2 Document,,4 GB My problem is,... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheikh76
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the total size of all files from a particular date

Hi I have some set of files for a particular date. What is the command that I need to put in for finding the total size of all the files for that particular date. The following command is fetching me the size of all individual files seperately du -h *20101010* 16M file1.20101010 120K... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a particular directory in multiple file systems and calculate total size

Hello : I need some help in writing a ksh script which will find a particular directory in all the file systems in a server and finally report the total size of the direcotry in all the file systems. Some thing like this.. find /u*/app/oracle -type d -name "product" -prune and then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sam1974
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Find the total size of multiple files

If I have a number of files in a directory, for example, test.1 test.2 test.3 abc.1 abc.2 abc.3 and I need to find the total file size of all of the test.* files, I can use du -bc test.* in Linux. However, in Solaris, du does not have the -c option. What can I do in Solaris to get... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnix
11 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Procedural - File::Find::Rule's procedural interface SYNOPSIS
use File::Find::Rule; # find all .pm files, procedurally my @files = find(file => name => '*.pm', in => @INC); DESCRIPTION
In addition to the regular object-oriented interface, File::Find::Rule provides two subroutines for you to use. "find( @clauses )" "rule( @clauses )" "find" and "rule" can be used to invoke any methods available to the OO version. "rule" is a synonym for "find" Passing more than one value to a clause is done with an anonymous array: my $finder = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ] ); "find" and "rule" both return a File::Find::Rule instance, unless one of the arguments is "in", in which case it returns a list of things that match the rule. my @files = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ], in => $ENV{HOME} ); Please note that "in" will be the last clause evaluated, and so this code will search for mp3s regardless of size. my @files = find( name => '*.mp3', in => $ENV{HOME}, size => '<2k' ); ^ | Clause processing stopped here ------/ It is also possible to invert a single rule by prefixing it with "!" like so: # large files that aren't videos my @files = find( file => '!name' => [ '*.avi', '*.mov' ], size => '>20M', in => $ENV{HOME} ); AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule perl v5.16.2 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3)