Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers gunzip error - not in gzip format Post 302200352 by nua7 on Thursday 29th of May 2008 03:58:49 AM
Old 05-29-2008
The only possibility I feel is the file is coorupt. maybe when it was compressed , it gave out an error which was missed.

If you used a log file while compressing the file, maybe you should check in the log.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gunzip error

I am trynig to unzip a file with gunzip, and am getting an error 'File too large'. Any ideas on how to get around this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkappaz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gunzip error

While trying to gunzip afile I get the following error message ls -l UK_US_02310.dat.gz -rwxrwxrwx 1 imis abint 348854527 Jan 8 00:17 UK_US_02310.dat.gz gunzip UK_US_02310.dat.gz gunzip: UK_US_02310.dat.gz: invalid compressed data--format violated I can gzcat the file and pipe to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mccoubreyr
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

decompress in HPUX11 by Gunzip and gzip

Hello evrebody , I have HPUX-11, i try to install "Mozilla" and "unzip utillity" I cannot decompress file (F.tar.gz) or file(F.gz) by commandes: gunzip -dv F.tar.gz | tar -xvf gunzip F.tar.gz or gzip -dv F.tar.gz |tar -xvf gzip F.gz maybe someone know What's the reason? maybe i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanly64
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

error using gunzip

Good day, Recently I zipped an oracle export file task123.dmp using gzip. And now I am trying to unzip it using gunzip task123.dmp.gz but am unable to do so. It keeps on giving the following error; > gunzip task123.dmp.gz gunzip: task123.dmp: File too large The task123.dmp.gz file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keyser Soze
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cloning OracleHome (gzip/gunzip Help)

Environment: ServerA - IBM AIX 5.2 ServerB - IBM AIX 5.2 I want to clone one of my oracle installation. The easiest way is to ZIP(possibly use gzip) the installed folder from the ServerA (Here Oracle is installed and working fine) , FTP to the ServerB(Here I want to have the installation... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
4 Replies

6. Solaris

doubt reg gzip,gunzip

Hi, Can anyone let me explain the difference between tar , uncompress,gzip and gunzip commands. both gzip and gunzip are same i think correct me if am wrong. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gzip-gunzip a problem

Hi all, i have a gzipped file. <file_name>.gz . when i try gunzip this file i get, invalid compressed data--format violated this file gzipped like gzip -f -S <file_name> 2 > <error_log_file> there is no error in log. it seems that the file gzipped properly. how this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummydba
3 Replies

8. AIX

Gunzip tar A directory checksum error on media

Hi, what is the directory checksum error ? # sed 's/^M$//' test4_bkp_19Jan13.tgz | tar -tvf - tar: 0511-169 A directory checksum error on media; -265745505 not equal to 76225. # mv test4_bkp_19Jan13.tgz test4.gz # gunzip < /ebs2/test4.gz | tar -xvf - tar: 0511-169 A directory checksum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Gunzip: File too large error

Hello All, I'm trying to write a script to load the MySQL DB from a dump file but the unzipping doesnt seem to work, not sure whats the issue, i get below error bash>gunzip mysql2-dump.gz gunzip: mysql2-dump: File too large bash > can anyone pls let me know how to sort this out? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahesh_RPM
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting logs using gunzip awk and gzip

Hi All I am trying to use a hard coded script into shell scripting but I am unable to . Kindly find the Script below along with the command Please help gunzip -c FilePath/FileName_*.gz | awk '$0 > "" && $0 < ""'|\ gzip >> FilePath/Outputfile.log.gz I Am trying to use this... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulkitbahl
9 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors [-s min_timestamp] doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors [-s min_timestamp] The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. -s min_timestamp An integer value, representing seconds since the epoch - also known as Unix timestamp. When a min_timestamp was given, doveadm(1) will only show errors occurred since that point in time. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.2 2013-11-24 DOVEADM-LOG(1)