Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users display HTML text in body using unix mailX ???? Post 302198607 by varungupta on Friday 23rd of May 2008 09:08:39 AM
Old 05-23-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by porter
I imagine you would want to uuencode or MIME encode it.
uuencode file2 file2 >> tempfile

mailx -s "ATTACHMENT with TEXT" vg517@chrysler.com < tempfile

Try using the above example. hope this'll workout for you.

Thanks
Varun.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I write a HTML file in UNIX and sent it as a body of a mail

Hi, How can I write a HTML file in Unix. Once I do that, I want to send this file as a body of a mail, along with writing a subject for the mail I am sending through unix. How can that be done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: diwa81
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx and html body messages

Hi, I'm working on Solaris 9 (SPARC) and I like to send an html body message to our users when something happen. The problem is that I can't find how to give mime type information with mailx. To be recognized as html I need to put in email header this information: Mime-Version: 1.0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbagagli
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with html attachment and html body

Hi folks, I have a perl script which sends out email after successful completion of job as inline html, I want to send it out as two parts now as html inline and html attachment. see the attached script. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Referring to attached images in html email body through mailx

encoding type for images? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswasbaishali
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx requirement - email body header in bold and data content in normal text

Dear all- I have a requirement to send an email via email with body content which looks something below- Email body contents -------------------- RequestType: Update DateAcctOpened: 1/5/2010 Note that header information and data content should be normal text.. Please advice on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display o/p in HTML format from unix environment

Hi, i want to disply the o/p in HTML format from unix environment. Let me explain my requirement. First an automated email should be sent in HTML format. The report contains number of error on a daily basis for this week. email looks like below, 01-04-2010 1000 02-04-2010 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Send HTML body and HTML attachment using MUTT command

Hi there.. I need a proper "mutt" command to send a mail with html body and html attachment at a time. Also if possible let me know the other commands to do this task. Please help me.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display both html and plain text in email in shell script

Hi, I want to display both html and plain in email in my script. i tried the below code code: export MAILTO="ssi@a.com" export CONTENT1="$htmlfile" export CONTENT2="$plainfile" export SUBJECT="INFO " export MAILFROM="si@a.com" ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreelu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt for html body and multiple html & pdf attachments

Hi all: Been racking my brain on this for the last couple of days and what has been most frustrating is that this is the last piece I need to complete a project. There are numerous posts discussing mutt in this forum and others but I have been unable to find similar issues. Running with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raggmopp
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need syntax for mailing in UNIX by using html file as body and along with attachment

Hi All, I need a syntax for mailing in unix by using html code file output as body and along with attachment (without using mutt command) HTML code file : html1.txt Attachment : attach1.txt I was using the below codes but they are not working. ( cat html1.txt ; uuencode attach1.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
4 Replies
uuencode(1)							   User Commands						       uuencode(1)

NAME
uuencode - encode a file into email friendly text SYNOPSIS
uuencode [-flag [value]]... [--opt-name[[=| ]value]]... [ in-file ] output-name DESCRIPTION
uuencode is used to create an ASCII representation of a file that can be sent over channels that may otherwise corrupt the data. Specifi- cally, email cannot handle binary data and will often even insert a character when the six character sequence "0rom " is seen. uuencode will read in-file if provided and otherwise read data from standard in and write the encoded form to standard out. The output will begin with a header line for use by uudecode giving it the resulting suggested file output-name and access mode. If the output-name is specifi- cally /dev/stdout, then uudecode will emit the decoded file to standard out. Note: uuencode uses buffered input and assumes that it is not hand typed from a tty. The consequence is that at a tty, you may need to hit Ctl-D several times to terminate input. OPTIONS
-m, --base64 convert using base 64. By default, uuencode will encode using the traditional conversion. It is slower and less compact than base 64. The encoded form of the file is expanded by 37% for UU encoding and by 35% for base64 encoding (3 bytes become 4 plus control information). -e, --encode-file-name encode the output file name. Since output file names may contain characters that are not handled well by various transmission modes, you may specify that the output-name be hex encoded as well. -h, --help Display usage information and exit. -!, --more-help Pass the extended usage information through a pager. -R [rcfile], --save-opts[=rcfile] Save the option state to rcfile. The default is the last configuration file listed in the OPTION PRESETS section, below. -r rcfile, --load-opts=rcfile, --no-load-opts Load options from rcfile. The no-load-opts form will disable the loading of earlier RC/INI files. --no-load-opts is handled early, out of order. -v [{v|c|n}], --version[={v|c|n}] Output version of program and exit. The default mode is `v', a simple version. The `c' mode will print copyright information and `n' will print the full copyright notice. OPTION PRESETS
Any option that is not marked as not presettable may be preset by loading values from configuration ("RC" or ".INI") file(s). The file "$HOME/.sharrc" will be used, if present. STANDARDS
This implementation is compliant with P1003.2b/D11. FILES
See OPTION PRESETS for configuration files. EXIT STATUS
One of the following exit values will be returned: 0 (EXIT_SUCCESS) Successful program execution. 1 (EXIT_FAILURE) The operation failed or the command syntax was not valid. 66 (EX_NOINPUT) A specified configuration file could not be loaded. 70 (EX_SOFTWARE) libopts had an internal operational error. Please report it to autogen-users@lists.sourceforge.net. Thank you. SEE ALSO
uudecode(1) HISTORY
The uuencode command first appeared in BSD 4.0. AUTHORS
Free Software Foundation, Inc. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1994-2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. all rights reserved. This program is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. BUGS
Please put sharutils in the subject line for emailed bug reports. It helps to spot the message. The output file name must not begin with the 11 character sequence: hex-encode: unless you specify the -h (encode-file-name) option. Please send bug reports to: bug-gnu-utils@gnu.org NOTES
This manual page was AutoGen-erated from the uuencode option definitions. GNU sharutils (4.13.3) 06 Jan 2013 uuencode(1)