Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users display HTML text in body using unix mailX ???? Post 302198607 by varungupta on Friday 23rd of May 2008 09:08:39 AM
Old 05-23-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by porter
I imagine you would want to uuencode or MIME encode it.
uuencode file2 file2 >> tempfile

mailx -s "ATTACHMENT with TEXT" vg517@chrysler.com < tempfile

Try using the above example. hope this'll workout for you.

Thanks
Varun.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I write a HTML file in UNIX and sent it as a body of a mail

Hi, How can I write a HTML file in Unix. Once I do that, I want to send this file as a body of a mail, along with writing a subject for the mail I am sending through unix. How can that be done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: diwa81
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx and html body messages

Hi, I'm working on Solaris 9 (SPARC) and I like to send an html body message to our users when something happen. The problem is that I can't find how to give mime type information with mailx. To be recognized as html I need to put in email header this information: Mime-Version: 1.0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbagagli
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with html attachment and html body

Hi folks, I have a perl script which sends out email after successful completion of job as inline html, I want to send it out as two parts now as html inline and html attachment. see the attached script. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Referring to attached images in html email body through mailx

encoding type for images? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswasbaishali
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx requirement - email body header in bold and data content in normal text

Dear all- I have a requirement to send an email via email with body content which looks something below- Email body contents -------------------- RequestType: Update DateAcctOpened: 1/5/2010 Note that header information and data content should be normal text.. Please advice on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display o/p in HTML format from unix environment

Hi, i want to disply the o/p in HTML format from unix environment. Let me explain my requirement. First an automated email should be sent in HTML format. The report contains number of error on a daily basis for this week. email looks like below, 01-04-2010 1000 02-04-2010 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Send HTML body and HTML attachment using MUTT command

Hi there.. I need a proper "mutt" command to send a mail with html body and html attachment at a time. Also if possible let me know the other commands to do this task. Please help me.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display both html and plain text in email in shell script

Hi, I want to display both html and plain in email in my script. i tried the below code code: export MAILTO="ssi@a.com" export CONTENT1="$htmlfile" export CONTENT2="$plainfile" export SUBJECT="INFO " export MAILFROM="si@a.com" ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreelu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt for html body and multiple html & pdf attachments

Hi all: Been racking my brain on this for the last couple of days and what has been most frustrating is that this is the last piece I need to complete a project. There are numerous posts discussing mutt in this forum and others but I have been unable to find similar issues. Running with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raggmopp
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need syntax for mailing in UNIX by using html file as body and along with attachment

Hi All, I need a syntax for mailing in unix by using html code file output as body and along with attachment (without using mutt command) HTML code file : html1.txt Attachment : attach1.txt I was using the below codes but they are not working. ( cat html1.txt ; uuencode attach1.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
4 Replies
uuencode(1)						      General Commands Manual						       uuencode(1)

NAME
uuencode, uudecode - Encodes or decodes a binary file SYNOPSIS
uuencode [file] remotefile uudecode [file...] STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: uudecode: XCU5.0 uuencode: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The uuencode and uudecode commands are used to send a binary file via uucp or other mail. This combination can be used over indirect mail links even when uusend is not available. The uuencode command takes the named file (default standard input) and produces an encoded version on the standard output. The encoding uses only printing ASCII characters, and includes the mode of the file and the name for re-creation on the remote system, specified by remotefile. The uudecode command reads an encoded file, strips off any leading and trailing lines added by mailers, and recreates the original file with the specified mode and name. Filter the encode through the uudecode program. Filtering the file causes the original file to be auto- matically recreated. This is possible on the uucp network by using sendmail or by making rmail be a link to mailx. In each case, an alias must be created in a master file to get the automatic invocation of uudecode. If neither of the preceding facilities is available on a user's system, uudecode can be applied to the file manually by editing the file with any text editor, removing the trailing and leading lines, and changing the mode or remote system name. The encoded file is an ordinary text file. EXAMPLES
In the following example, the ex1 file is encoded; the output is also redirected to the ex1.out file: prompt> uuencode ex1 ex1.en > ex1.out If the source ex1 file is as follows: This example shows how to encode a file using uuencode and how to decode a file using uudecode. The encoded ex1.out file would be as follows: begin 644 ex1.en M5&AI<R!E>&%M<&QE('-H;W=S"G1H92!H;W<@=&@96YC;V1E"F$@9FEL92!U M<VEN9PIU=65N8V]D90IA;F0@:&]W('1O"F1E8V]D92!A(&9I;&4*=7-I;F<@ *=75D96-O9&4N"F]D ` end In the following example, the ex1.out file is decoded: prompt> uudecode ex1.out In this example, the uudecode command decodes the file and puts the output in ex1.en. To package up a source tree using tar, com- press it, uuencode it, and mail it to a user on another system, enter: tar cf - src_tree | compress | uuencode src_tree.tar.Z | mail sys1!sys2!user1 (Enter the command entirely on one line, not on two lines as shown above.) When uudecode is run on the target system, the src_tree.tar.Z file is created; it may then be uncompressed and dearchived with tar. SEE ALSO
Commands: ct(1), cu(1), mailx(1), Mail(1), rmail(1), sendmail(8), tip(1), uucico(8), uucleanup(8), uucp(1), uulog(1), uuname(1), uupick(1), uusched(8), uusend(1), uustat(1), uuto(1), uux(1) Standards: standards(5) uuencode(1)