Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to get capture input events from keyboard and mouse Post 302197388 by yhacks on Wednesday 21st of May 2008 01:02:10 AM
Old 05-21-2008
Bug How to get capture input events from keyboard and mouse

Hi,

Is there any way to capture/record the input events from keyboard, as well as from mouse using C.

Thanks in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Debian] Stop input from keyboard and mouse

Dear friends, I need to stop getting input from keyboard and mouse at some specific time like, every day from 6 PM to 7PM likewise. How can I do this. Kindly guide me to do this. I need to block the input. I am using Debian OS. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
5 Replies

2. Programming

Xlib mouse events and ButtonPressMask

I have written a simple program which will report key press and release events for a particular window. In my case, it is mostly the terminal since I invoke the program from the terminal. I am able to get the key press and release events taking place in the terminal window (I have used... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav.zoso
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check keyboard and mouse activity

I need help from someone that is good at making scripts. I'm trying to make a script file that checks for keyboard and mouse activity during 1 am to 8 am and logs you off if it detects activity. I can't find anything useful in google. ---------- Post updated 06-30-10 at 12:33 AM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

4. SCO

X Server -> keyboard and mouse are freezing

hi I've configured X Server using Video Configuration Manager on SCO 5.0.6, but the keyboard and mouse are freezing after 5 minutes on the graphical login mask. ---------- Post updated at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:43 AM ---------- BTW I finished the configuration,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gedit semi-frozen/hangs; does not accept keyboard/mouse input

I have a very weird problem with the gedit 2.30.3 text editor on GNOME 2.30.2 (Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS): Any and all mouse clicks and key-presses into the gedit window are summarily ignored. When I say the gedit window, I mean the gedit window proper, the window contents, not the decoration of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ropers
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xlib and keyboard events

1. If there's some better place where xlib experts hang out, please tell me. Despite an assiduous search, I could not find an xlib reflector. 2. My actual question: In an xterm, I want to grab and process all keyboard events in a program running inside the xterm. For example, with my program... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N7DR
5 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Keyboard vs mouse

Which Input device do you use the most ? for me... keyboard ofcourse !! (56 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
56 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i (*i.MX6) Mini-PC OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) Kernel: 3.14.14-cubox-i # uname -a Linux CuBox-HQ 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/LinuxSo I've been having this random issue happen on this PC where a few strange... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run command if no mouse or keyboard input

I would like a script that would run pm-suspend if there has been no keyboard or mouse input for a specified time. ------ Post updated at 11:17 AM ------ Never mind. I found a setting in power management that does what I need. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
0 Replies
WSMUX(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  WSMUX(4)

NAME
wsmux -- console keyboard/mouse multiplexor for wscons SYNOPSIS
wskbd* at ... mux 1 wsmouse* at ... mux 0 pseudo-device wsmux DESCRIPTION
The wsmux is a pseudo-device driver that allows several wscons(4) input devices to have their events multiplexed into one stream. The typical usage for this device is to have two multiplexors, one for mouse events and one for keyboard events. All wsmouse(4) devices should direct their events to the mouse mux (normally 0) and all keyboard devices, except the console, should direct their events to the key- board mux (normally 1). A device will send its events to the mux indicated by the mux locator. If none is given the device will not use a multiplexor. The keyboard multiplexor should be connected to the display, using the wsconscfg(8) command. It will then receive all key- strokes from all keyboards and, furthermore, keyboards can be dynamically attached and detached without further user interaction. In a simi- lar way, the window system will open the mouse multiplexor and receive all mouse events; mice can also be dynamically attached and detached. If a wskbd(4) or wsmouse(4) device is opened despite having a mux it will be detached from the mux. It is also possible to inject events into a multiplexor from a user program. FILES
For each mux device, /dev/wsmuxN there is a control device /dev/wsmuxctlN. The control device has a minor number 128 greater than the regu- lar mux device. It can be used to control the mux even when it is open, e.g., by wsmuxctl(8). /dev/wsmouse a.k.a. /dev/wsmux0 /dev/wskbd a.k.a. /dev/wsmux1 /usr/include/dev/wscons/wsconsio.h SEE ALSO
wscons(4), wsdisplay(4), wskbd(4), wsmouse(4), moused(8), wsconscfg(8), wsconsctl(8), wsfontload(8), wsmoused(8), wsmuxctl(8) BSD
July 26, 1999 BSD