Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Batch changing file extensions Post 302196637 by cdines on Monday 19th of May 2008 05:11:12 AM
Old 05-19-2008
Computer

great, thanks a lot guys !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File name extensions

Hello people, I was wondering if anyone could help me? I want to produce a shell script that changes the filename extension on all matching file. E.G. change all files called ‘something.rtf' to ‘something.doc' by giving the command: Changex rtf doc *where ‘Changex' is the name of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thurrock
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncate multiple file extensions

Hi, I have files with names like file1.txt.txt.txt.txt and file2.txt.txt.txt.txt.txt............ (random infinite number of .txt exist). how to truncate (mv) their names to ones with single .txt extension like file1.txt and file1.txt ? In other words, how to extract the filename upto first... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Batch Renaming: Change files' extensions in many sub-directories

Hi all - I'm trying to rename a large number of files all at once and need some help figuring out the command line syntax to do it. I've already done quite a bit of research with the rename and mv commands, but so far haven't found a solution that seems to work for me. So: The files exist... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave920
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing extensions for multiple files at once

I copied some files to another folder, and I want to change them from .doc extensions to .txt extensions. I tried using the cp and mv commands, but it didn't work. Is it possible to change file extensions with these commands, and if so how do I do it? I tried using the * wildcard (say cp *.doc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File extensions in a dir

Hi All, Is there a way to list all file extensions in a directory and its recursive dirs? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find all the unique file extensions

Hi How can i find the unique list of file extensions in a folder/subfolders e.g. MAIN/ a.txt b.txt a.clas a.java b.class a.txt.112 c.12.ram.jar i just need to get the below out irrespective of file being present in folder or subfolders txt clas java (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking file extensions

I am trying to store file with certain file extensions to list but having some problems. Here is a part of the code set fryLst = "" set fxtLst = "" foreach f ($AfullNameLst) set fname = $f:r set fext = $f:e if ("$fext" == ".ry") set fryLst = "$fryLst $f" if ("$fext" == ".xt")... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking file extensions

I'm in csh and have a list of file names, example set Lst = "file1.ry file2.ry file3.ry file4.ry" I want to check if all the extensions are ry. Is they are, I want to do something. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename file, add extensions

Hi Guys, I have files named myfileaa,myfileab,myfileac,myfilesad.... till myfileav. Now i needs to rename all these files to myfileaa.txt ,myfileab.txt,myfileac.txt. Please help me how to do the same. Thanks in advance..!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove comments from file with specific file name extensions

Hello Unix board community, I have to program a shell script, but I am a complete noob so I hope I get some help here. The assignment is as follows: The program removes all comments regardless of formatting or language from files with specific file name extensions (php, css, js, ...).... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheZeusMan
3 Replies
MAZEOFGALIOUS(6)						   Games Manual 						  MAZEOFGALIOUS(6)

NAME
mog - Maze of Galious SYNOPSIS
mog DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mog command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. mazeofgalious is a is a very adictive game where you have to kill thousands of enemies, collect items in order to obtain new powers, and defeat some really great guys at the end of each level. You are free to go everywhere you want from the beginning of the game, you have to choose very carefully the order in which you visit all the rooms in the huge map if you want to keep your character to stay alive. The map is structures in a main map (called the castle), and 10 submaps (called the worlds), initially you are in the castle, and you have to find the keys that open the doors to go to each of the worlds. To complete the game, you have to defeat the boss at the end of each one of the 10 worlds. You are free to revisit each world as often as you want, in order to see if you have missed something. To defeat all 10 beasts, you control two characters: Popolon and Aphrodite, and each one has special abilities, i.e. Popolon has a greater ability to jump and Aphrodite is able to dive. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Gurkan Sengun <gurkan@linuks.mine.nu>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). March 26, 2005 MAZEOFGALIOUS(6)