Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users connection to localhost:10.0 host broken (explicit kill or server shutdown) Post 302195892 by mloper on Friday 16th of May 2008 06:39:56 AM
Old 05-16-2008
I have this problem too! It happens every time I shut a putty or ssh window. Worse still is it shuts down Tomcat. I have 14 servers total all with the same configuration, but this problem only occurs on 2. I don't know why, and I can't seem to solve it. With the current behavior, they're just bricks. Help Anyone??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rc scripts, do i need to kill them on shutdown?

We have a bunch of tools, that run on linux and on unix, I've got start up scripts that bring up their license managers when the unix box boots, do I need kill scripts for when the box is shutting down? I've not seen much documentation on this, just on getting the license managers started, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kymberm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recover X Forwarding after broken connection

Hello, today I logged in on a remote machine via "ssh -X ..." and started a screen session. In this i started OpenOffice.org writer by writing "oowriter". After some time the connection got lost (The network here is quite unstable). Now I logged in again via "ssh -X ...". The screen session is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: schola
1 Replies

3. Solaris

PING - Unknown host 127.0.0.1, Unknown host localhost - Solaris 10

Hello, I have a problem - I created a chrooted jail for one user. When I'm logged in as root, everything work fine, but when I'm logged in as a chrooted user - I have many problems: 1. When I execute the command ping, I get weird results: bash-3.00$ usr/sbin/ping localhost ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

localhost [127.0.0.1] did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA

hardware = raq550 running on strongbolt2. my sendmail log is littered with this entry all through the day: localhost did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA it occurrs every 15 minutes. I don't have any problem sending or receiving mail. I did a search on google but couldn't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonj
0 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

IPF pass in connection to port 21 even with no explicit rule

I'm running IPF on solaris 10 bash-3.00# ipf -V #display ipf version ipf: IP Filter: v4.1.9 (592) Kernel: IP Filter: v4.1.9 Running: yes Log Flags: 0 = none set Default: pass all, Logging: available Active list: 1 Feature mask: 0x107 with the following rules bash-3.00# ipfstat -o -i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
0 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

clstat X connection ... broken ?

Hi. Could you help me with this problem ? When I run clstat then I got this error message: 1:root@test1:/root # clstat X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown). I got the same error for both nodes. If I would run xclstat I would understand that there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phobus
5 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Listening on localhost - cannot connect to host using port 3010

Hi Guys, my issue is - I have people connecting to my hosts from the outside world (for POC testing). There application listens on a port 3010 which is bound to the localhost. Using netstat -an | grep LISTEN it is the only port that is bound - ie: ftp, ssh etc listen on all interfaces. I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brian112
1 Replies

9. AIX

X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

I want to run applet on AIX 6 machine. I already have setup $DISPLAY variable for putty session by selecting X11 option. I got below error for any X related commands (xclock, X, applet viewer ) X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown). Please can anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailas.girase
0 Replies

10. SuSE

Connection is broken because of underlying network issues

Hi Guys, I have two databases where I copy archivelog files from server A to server B frequently...yesterday we did the VM upgrade now...I am struggling to copy/ship the files from server A to server B... I manually tested the file transfer but the big files, e.g 46M, stall. I can copy small... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies
asadmin-shutdown(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-shutdown(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-shutdown, shutdown - brings down the administration server SYNOPSIS
shutdown [--user admin_user][--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848][--passwordfile filename][--secure|-s] shutdown gracefully brings down the administration server and all the running instances. You must manually start the administration server to bring it up again. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. Example 1: Using the shutdown command asadmin> shutdown --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 Waiting for admin server to shutdown... Admin server has been shutdown EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Administration Server page asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-shutdown(1AS)