Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to type the Omega symbol Ω in unix shell script Post 302195602 by era on Thursday 15th of May 2008 12:23:29 PM
Old 05-15-2008
It depends entirely on what character set it's in. Are you using Unicode or some legacy encoding? In any event, there is no firm standard for how to enter extended symbols; find a program which allows you to pick it from a menu, or simply copy-paste it from here.

If you know the raw character code, any decent editor will probably offer an input method for entering the character code in hex or something.

The fact that you were able to enter that character here would indicate that you already have some way of typing this character.

The Unicode code point for Omega is U+03A9; there is also a separate "ohm symbol" at U+2126

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Registered Symbol in Korn Shell script

When I am trying to write this symbol in shell script ( ® ) I am getting a . ( dot ) instead , does anybody know how to fix it. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacki
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying font type and color in a shell script

Hi, I am new to shell script. Can you please tell me, whether can we specify font type and color in a shell script? If so, how to do this? Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vani_Govind
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting the data type in unix shell script

I am writing a unix shell script that will extract records from table and write into a file. ====================================== #! /bin/ksh ############################ # AFI Monitor Script ############################ . /db2/uszlad48/sqllib/db2profile export... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to type ISO_8859_1 characters in shell script?

Hello All, I want to type some special characters to check in my shell script as string. Could you please help me how do I type in my shell script. For example "LA CORUĆA". Here the last but 1 character is related to ISO_8859_1 related. But don't know how do I type in shell script programming.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvkuriseti
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting LONG Data Type from DB via UNIX Script

Hi, I want to extract a XML file which is stored in the database having a data Type as "LONG" via UNIX Scripting. But when i am triggering the SQL via UNIX it is fetching only the first Line and not the complete XML. Can you please suggest if the parameters that i have used needs any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dear_abhi2007
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove the target of the symbol link in a shell script

I have a target directory, there are some files and directories in "target_dir". I have a symbol link: my_link -> <target_dir> The target directory name is NOT known to the script (because it is varying), while the link name is always fixed. In a shell script, how to remove both the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princelinux
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

$ symbol in sql query in shell script

Hi Team, Can you please help me to resolve this issue. Am unable to use this $ symbol in sql query in the shell script. For Example: # !/bin/sh export USER_NAME=XXX export PASSWORD=YYY export ORACLE_SID=xamdb echo $ORACLE_SID echo " Session Details ..." ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indira_s
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell script to find file type

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a shell script that takes a single command line parameter, a file path (might be relative or absolute). The script should examine that file and print a single line consisting of the phrase: Windows ASCII if the files is an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwatt019
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dollar symbol in Shell Script Variable

Hi, I am working on PGP encryption. I am getting public keys from some file. One of the key has dollar sign in it "$" Example: "abc$123" echo 'passphrase='$passphrase --> Giving correct value abc$123 But if I use $passphrase in PGP command getting Invalid passphrase error. If I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreehari
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting LONG Data Type from DB via UNIX Script

Hi, I want to extract a XML file which is stored in the database having a data Type as "LONG" via UNIX Scripting. But when i am triggering the SQL via UNIX it is fetching only the first Line and not the complete XML. Can you please suggest if the parameters that i have used needs any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barbara1234
2 Replies
thai/thwchar.h(3)						      libthai							 thai/thwchar.h(3)

NAME
thai/thwchar.h - Wide char support for Thai. SYNOPSIS
Macros #define THWCHAR_ERR (~(thwchar_t)0) Wide-character value indicating error. Typedefs typedef wchar_t thwchar_t Thai character type for storing Unicode character. Functions thwchar_t th_tis2uni (thchar_t c) Convert character code from TIS-620 to Unicode. int th_tis2uni_line (const thchar_t *s, thwchar_t *result, size_t n) Convert string from TIS-620 to Unicode. thwchar_t th_winthai2uni (thchar_t c) Convert character code from Thai Windows extended code to Unicode. thwchar_t th_macthai2uni (thchar_t c) Convert character code from Mac Thai extended code to Unicode. thchar_t th_uni2tis (thwchar_t wc) Convert character code from Unicode to TIS-620. int th_uni2tis_line (const thwchar_t *s, thchar_t *result, size_t n) Convert string from Unicode to TIS-620. thchar_t th_uni2winthai (thwchar_t wc) Convert character code from Unicode to Thai Windows extended code. thchar_t th_uni2macthai (thwchar_t wc) Convert character code from Unicode to Mac Thai extended code. Detailed Description Wide char support for Thai. Function Documentation thwchar_t th_macthai2uni (thchar_tc) Convert character code from Mac Thai extended code to Unicode. Parameters: c : Mac Thai character/glyph to convert Returns: Corresponding Unicode code thwchar_t th_tis2uni (thchar_tc) Convert character code from TIS-620 to Unicode. Parameters: c : TIS-620 character to convert Returns: Corresponding Unicode code int th_tis2uni_line (const thchar_t *s, thwchar_t *result, size_tn) Convert string from TIS-620 to Unicode. Parameters: s : source TIS-620 string (null-terminated) result : buffer for storing resulting Unicode string n : size of result buffer (as number of elements) Returns: the length of the output Unicode string thchar_t th_uni2macthai (thwchar_twc) Convert character code from Unicode to Mac Thai extended code. Parameters: wc : Unicode code to convert Returns: Corresponding Mac Thai extended code, or TH_ERR if conversion is impossible thchar_t th_uni2tis (thwchar_twc) Convert character code from Unicode to TIS-620. Parameters: wc : Unicode character to convert Returns: Corresponding TIS-620 code, or TH_ERR if conversion is impossible int th_uni2tis_line (const thwchar_t *s, thchar_t *result, size_tn) Convert string from Unicode to TIS-620. Parameters: s : source Unicode string (null-terminated) result : buffer for storing resulting TIS-620 string n : size of result buffer (as number of elements) Returns: the length of the output TIS-620 string Note that, since the conversion is lossy, some characters in the convesion result may be TH_ERR, indicating conversion error. thchar_t th_uni2winthai (thwchar_twc) Convert character code from Unicode to Thai Windows extended code. Parameters: wc : Unicode code to convert Returns: Corresponding Thai Windows extended code, or TH_ERR if conversion is impossible thwchar_t th_winthai2uni (thchar_tc) Convert character code from Thai Windows extended code to Unicode. Parameters: c : Thai Windows character/glyph to convert Returns: Corresponding Unicode code Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libthai from the source code. Version 0.1.14 Tue Jun 17 2014 thai/thwchar.h(3)