Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to type the Omega symbol Ω in unix shell script Post 302195602 by era on Thursday 15th of May 2008 12:23:29 PM
Old 05-15-2008
It depends entirely on what character set it's in. Are you using Unicode or some legacy encoding? In any event, there is no firm standard for how to enter extended symbols; find a program which allows you to pick it from a menu, or simply copy-paste it from here.

If you know the raw character code, any decent editor will probably offer an input method for entering the character code in hex or something.

The fact that you were able to enter that character here would indicate that you already have some way of typing this character.

The Unicode code point for Omega is U+03A9; there is also a separate "ohm symbol" at U+2126

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Registered Symbol in Korn Shell script

When I am trying to write this symbol in shell script ( ® ) I am getting a . ( dot ) instead , does anybody know how to fix it. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacki
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying font type and color in a shell script

Hi, I am new to shell script. Can you please tell me, whether can we specify font type and color in a shell script? If so, how to do this? Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vani_Govind
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting the data type in unix shell script

I am writing a unix shell script that will extract records from table and write into a file. ====================================== #! /bin/ksh ############################ # AFI Monitor Script ############################ . /db2/uszlad48/sqllib/db2profile export... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to type ISO_8859_1 characters in shell script?

Hello All, I want to type some special characters to check in my shell script as string. Could you please help me how do I type in my shell script. For example "LA CORUĆA". Here the last but 1 character is related to ISO_8859_1 related. But don't know how do I type in shell script programming.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvkuriseti
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting LONG Data Type from DB via UNIX Script

Hi, I want to extract a XML file which is stored in the database having a data Type as "LONG" via UNIX Scripting. But when i am triggering the SQL via UNIX it is fetching only the first Line and not the complete XML. Can you please suggest if the parameters that i have used needs any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dear_abhi2007
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove the target of the symbol link in a shell script

I have a target directory, there are some files and directories in "target_dir". I have a symbol link: my_link -> <target_dir> The target directory name is NOT known to the script (because it is varying), while the link name is always fixed. In a shell script, how to remove both the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princelinux
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

$ symbol in sql query in shell script

Hi Team, Can you please help me to resolve this issue. Am unable to use this $ symbol in sql query in the shell script. For Example: # !/bin/sh export USER_NAME=XXX export PASSWORD=YYY export ORACLE_SID=xamdb echo $ORACLE_SID echo " Session Details ..." ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indira_s
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell script to find file type

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a shell script that takes a single command line parameter, a file path (might be relative or absolute). The script should examine that file and print a single line consisting of the phrase: Windows ASCII if the files is an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwatt019
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dollar symbol in Shell Script Variable

Hi, I am working on PGP encryption. I am getting public keys from some file. One of the key has dollar sign in it "$" Example: "abc$123" echo 'passphrase='$passphrase --> Giving correct value abc$123 But if I use $passphrase in PGP command getting Invalid passphrase error. If I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreehari
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting LONG Data Type from DB via UNIX Script

Hi, I want to extract a XML file which is stored in the database having a data Type as "LONG" via UNIX Scripting. But when i am triggering the SQL via UNIX it is fetching only the first Line and not the complete XML. Can you please suggest if the parameters that i have used needs any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barbara1234
2 Replies
mkocp(1)							       Omega								  mkocp(1)

NAME
mkocp - frontend to otp2ocp(1) SYNOPSIS
mkocp OTPFILE DESCRIPTION
mkocp is used to create or recreate Omega Compiled Process files (binary) from Omega Translation Process (text) files. Omega Translation Processes are used to translate one character set to another and to choose between characters with one or more context- sensitive variants. OTPs could also be used to change the case or hyphenation of text. OTPs are defined in text files, and compiled into binary code (OCPs) using mkocp (this script) or directly with otp2ocp(1). FILES
OTPFILE An Omega Typesetting Process filter file. SEE ALSO
omega(1), otp2ocp(1). Draft Manual for the Omega System (omega-manual.dvi). Web page: <http://www.gutenberg.eu.org/omega/> BUGS
None known, but report any bugs found to <omega@ens.fr> (mailing list). AUTHOR
mkocp is part of Omega. The primary authors of Omega are John Plaice <plaice@cse.unsw.edu.au> and Yannis Haralambous <yannis@fluxus- virus.com>. This manual page was written by C.M. Connelly <cmc@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. It may be used by other distributions without contacting the author. Any mistakes or omissions in the manual page are my fault; inquiries about or corrections to this manual page should be directed to me (and not to the primary author). Omega September 2000 mkocp(1)