Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to install jdk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to install jdk Post 302194395 by primp on Monday 12th of May 2008 09:26:34 PM
Old 05-12-2008
Which JDK are you trying to install, do you have the version you're trying to automate the install? I can try it on my dev box and see what I come up with

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about install JDK on SCO Unix

I try to run java file on SCO Unix, but my Unix doesn't setup with JDK environment. I go to sun.com to download JDK for SCO Unix, but there is only JDK for HP-UNIX, is it ok for SCO Unix? If it's ok, how can I install it to my Unix after I download? If it's not ok, How can I do to run java file in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendyz
0 Replies

2. Solaris

error during install jdk 5.0.11 packages

hi all i tried to install jdk on solaris 10 2008 and i used these packages in installation pkgadd -d SUNWj5cfg SUNWj5dmo SUNWj5dev SUNWj5rt SUNWj5jmp SUNWj5man all was good except one (SUNWj5rt) some of the output ERROR: attribute verification of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Download & install JDK 1.6

Hi.. I want to download & install JDK 1.6 for linux so please help me where i can downlod it free Regards Rinku Garg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Upgrade Jdk After install in linux

hii... i want to upgrade my java version 1.4.2 to 1.6 in linux plateform after installing JDK. so what are the steps & commands in linux to upgrade it . Please Help me ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install jdk 6u17 in a prompt-less script

I came across this site while Googling for how to silently install JDK 6u17. I didn't find a solution, but I came up with this hack so I thought I'd post it here: The trick is to just temporarily disable the "more" application: ]# chmod u+x jdk-6u17-linux-x64-rpm.bin ]# # Prevent prompts...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhart
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Install jdk.bin using shell script with auto yes/no?

#!/bin/sh echo "Installing Java!!!" cd /opt echo "Want to give execute Permissions to java!!!" chmod 755 jdk-6u7-linux-i586.bin echo "Executing the jdk script" ./jdk-6u7-linux-i586.bin This is the shell commands I am using... I want to know how to give answer to yes and no automatically... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepbharmori
6 Replies

7. Ubuntu

JDK path

Hello, I have installed the default JDK from Software centre, but when i type whereis JDK on the terminal.. i don't see any path :mad: i need JDk to install a tool ... Hurry!!! please HELP:confused::confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How to install java (jdk-74) on solaris 10?

What kind of required java type for installed? which address link, i need to download the package. i have zcat this version jdk-7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z and then installed each the packages with pkgadd -d . , but my java version still java full version "1.5.0_24-b02".is it need doanything after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aagusman
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

jdk

How can i see if jdk is installed or not on my system. I am on HP UX B.11.31 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
3 Replies

10. Fedora

Fedora: Uninstall Java JDK 1.8 and install Oracle Java 1.7.15

Hi All, I have just downloaded fedora 27 iso and set it up in virtual box. I want to learn Hadoop so trying to install Apache hadoop. Before all those I have to install Oracle Java 1.7.15 (as mentioned in the Apache hadoop page). Can you please help me how to Uninstall currently installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
6 Replies
install-netsync(1)					      General Commands Manual						install-netsync(1)

NAME
install-netsync - reads or sets the Network Preferences information on a Palm Device SYNOPSIS
install-netsync -p /dev/pilot -e -n <hostname> -i <ip> -m <netmask> DESCRIPTION
install-netsync allows the user to read or change the Network Preferences stored on the Pilot OPTIONS -p --port <port>, Use device file port to communicate with the Palm handheld device. If this is not specified, will look for the $PILOTPORT environ- ment variable. If both are not found, will fall back to /dev/pilot. -h --help Display help synopsis for install-netsync -v --version Display version of install-netsync -e --enable Enable the LanSync operation (instead of local HotSync) -n --name <hostname>, Sets the hostname of the remote machine you wish to connect to. This is not the hostname of the Palm device itself -i --ip Set the IP address of the remote machine you wish to connect to. This is not the IP address of the Palm device itself -m --mask Set the netmask of the remote machine you wish to connect to. This is not the netmask address of the Palm device itself USAGE
The program will connect to a target Palm handheld device, and read or set the Network Preferences information specified or display the Network Preferences stored on the Palm device KNOWN BUGS
install-netsync has no known bugs. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at http://bugs.pilot-link.org/ AUTHOR
install-netsync was created from the original install-user application originally written by D. Jeff Dionne <jeff@RyeHam.ee.ryerson.ca>, and was split it out into a separate conduit by JP Rosevear <jpr@ximian.com> Free Software Foundation Palm Computing Device Tools install-netsync(1)