Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to install jdk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to install jdk Post 302193471 by primp on Friday 9th of May 2008 10:38:05 AM
Old 05-09-2008
This task is not difficult, you would normally install jdk on linux by doing something like:

./jdk-installer-bin

It'll prompt for you to accept the EULA which just requires "y" along with accepting other defaults.

I would go through the manual process and figure out if you want to use the defaults, come up with an answer file which is just the answer to each question with a newline separating.

Then have a script just do the following:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

./jdk-installer-bin < answer_file

This will provide you with an auto-answer to the installer, I mean you would probably want to check if there's a version that exists/etc. but that's the basic script if you wanted an automated/silent installer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about install JDK on SCO Unix

I try to run java file on SCO Unix, but my Unix doesn't setup with JDK environment. I go to sun.com to download JDK for SCO Unix, but there is only JDK for HP-UNIX, is it ok for SCO Unix? If it's ok, how can I install it to my Unix after I download? If it's not ok, How can I do to run java file in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendyz
0 Replies

2. Solaris

error during install jdk 5.0.11 packages

hi all i tried to install jdk on solaris 10 2008 and i used these packages in installation pkgadd -d SUNWj5cfg SUNWj5dmo SUNWj5dev SUNWj5rt SUNWj5jmp SUNWj5man all was good except one (SUNWj5rt) some of the output ERROR: attribute verification of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Download & install JDK 1.6

Hi.. I want to download & install JDK 1.6 for linux so please help me where i can downlod it free Regards Rinku Garg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Upgrade Jdk After install in linux

hii... i want to upgrade my java version 1.4.2 to 1.6 in linux plateform after installing JDK. so what are the steps & commands in linux to upgrade it . Please Help me ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install jdk 6u17 in a prompt-less script

I came across this site while Googling for how to silently install JDK 6u17. I didn't find a solution, but I came up with this hack so I thought I'd post it here: The trick is to just temporarily disable the "more" application: ]# chmod u+x jdk-6u17-linux-x64-rpm.bin ]# # Prevent prompts...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhart
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Install jdk.bin using shell script with auto yes/no?

#!/bin/sh echo "Installing Java!!!" cd /opt echo "Want to give execute Permissions to java!!!" chmod 755 jdk-6u7-linux-i586.bin echo "Executing the jdk script" ./jdk-6u7-linux-i586.bin This is the shell commands I am using... I want to know how to give answer to yes and no automatically... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepbharmori
6 Replies

7. Ubuntu

JDK path

Hello, I have installed the default JDK from Software centre, but when i type whereis JDK on the terminal.. i don't see any path :mad: i need JDk to install a tool ... Hurry!!! please HELP:confused::confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How to install java (jdk-74) on solaris 10?

What kind of required java type for installed? which address link, i need to download the package. i have zcat this version jdk-7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z and then installed each the packages with pkgadd -d . , but my java version still java full version "1.5.0_24-b02".is it need doanything after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aagusman
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

jdk

How can i see if jdk is installed or not on my system. I am on HP UX B.11.31 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
3 Replies

10. Fedora

Fedora: Uninstall Java JDK 1.8 and install Oracle Java 1.7.15

Hi All, I have just downloaded fedora 27 iso and set it up in virtual box. I want to learn Hadoop so trying to install Apache hadoop. Before all those I have to install Oracle Java 1.7.15 (as mentioned in the Apache hadoop page). Can you please help me how to Uninstall currently installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
6 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)