Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to install jdk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to install jdk Post 302193456 by eamani_sun on Friday 9th of May 2008 09:50:03 AM
Old 05-09-2008
Script to install jdk

Hi,

I need a shell script that would do silent installation of jdk on a linux machine.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanx
Sunny

Last edited by eamani_sun; 06-12-2008 at 09:48 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about install JDK on SCO Unix

I try to run java file on SCO Unix, but my Unix doesn't setup with JDK environment. I go to sun.com to download JDK for SCO Unix, but there is only JDK for HP-UNIX, is it ok for SCO Unix? If it's ok, how can I install it to my Unix after I download? If it's not ok, How can I do to run java file in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendyz
0 Replies

2. Solaris

error during install jdk 5.0.11 packages

hi all i tried to install jdk on solaris 10 2008 and i used these packages in installation pkgadd -d SUNWj5cfg SUNWj5dmo SUNWj5dev SUNWj5rt SUNWj5jmp SUNWj5man all was good except one (SUNWj5rt) some of the output ERROR: attribute verification of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Download & install JDK 1.6

Hi.. I want to download & install JDK 1.6 for linux so please help me where i can downlod it free Regards Rinku Garg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Upgrade Jdk After install in linux

hii... i want to upgrade my java version 1.4.2 to 1.6 in linux plateform after installing JDK. so what are the steps & commands in linux to upgrade it . Please Help me ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install jdk 6u17 in a prompt-less script

I came across this site while Googling for how to silently install JDK 6u17. I didn't find a solution, but I came up with this hack so I thought I'd post it here: The trick is to just temporarily disable the "more" application: ]# chmod u+x jdk-6u17-linux-x64-rpm.bin ]# # Prevent prompts...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhart
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Install jdk.bin using shell script with auto yes/no?

#!/bin/sh echo "Installing Java!!!" cd /opt echo "Want to give execute Permissions to java!!!" chmod 755 jdk-6u7-linux-i586.bin echo "Executing the jdk script" ./jdk-6u7-linux-i586.bin This is the shell commands I am using... I want to know how to give answer to yes and no automatically... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepbharmori
6 Replies

7. Ubuntu

JDK path

Hello, I have installed the default JDK from Software centre, but when i type whereis JDK on the terminal.. i don't see any path :mad: i need JDk to install a tool ... Hurry!!! please HELP:confused::confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How to install java (jdk-74) on solaris 10?

What kind of required java type for installed? which address link, i need to download the package. i have zcat this version jdk-7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z and then installed each the packages with pkgadd -d . , but my java version still java full version "1.5.0_24-b02".is it need doanything after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aagusman
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

jdk

How can i see if jdk is installed or not on my system. I am on HP UX B.11.31 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
3 Replies

10. Fedora

Fedora: Uninstall Java JDK 1.8 and install Oracle Java 1.7.15

Hi All, I have just downloaded fedora 27 iso and set it up in virtual box. I want to learn Hadoop so trying to install Apache hadoop. Before all those I have to install Oracle Java 1.7.15 (as mentioned in the Apache hadoop page). Can you please help me how to Uninstall currently installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
6 Replies
SCRIPT(1)							   User Commands							 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script - make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [options] [file] DESCRIPTION
script makes a typescript of everything displayed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves the dialogue in this file. If no filename is given, the dialogue is saved in the file type- script. OPTIONS
-a, --append Append the output to file or to typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c, --command command Run the command rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -e, --return Return the exit code of the child process. Uses the same format as bash termination on signal termination exit code is 128+n. -f, --flush Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: one person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo', and another can supervise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. --force Allow the default output destination, i.e. the typescript file, to be a hard or symbolic link. The command will follow a symbolic link. -q, --quiet Be quiet (do not write start and done messages to standard output). -t[file], --timing[=file] Output timing data to standard error, or to file when given. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. NOTES
The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D for the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. It is not recommended to run script in non-interactive shells. The inner shell of script is always interactive, and this could lead to unexpected results. If you use script in the shell initialization file, you have to avoid entering an infinite loop. You can use for example the .profile file, which is read by login shells only: if test -t 0 ; then script exit fi You should also avoid use of script in command pipes, as script can read more input than you would expect. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1) HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. script is primarily designed for interactive terminal sessions. When stdin is not a terminal (for example: echo foo | script), then the session can hang, because the interactive shell within the script session misses EOF and script has no clue when to close the session. See the NOTES section for more information. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux June 2014 SCRIPT(1)