Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX how to configure server to send email in AIX Post 302192194 by bakunin on Tuesday 6th of May 2008 08:30:13 AM
Old 05-06-2008
You have to configure "sendmail". This is done by editing the file "/etc/sendmail.cf".

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email to another server on AIX

I am trying to send an email to another server but i don't seem to be able to do it. I can receive mail form other servers but not send out. I am using IBM AIX 4.x Any knows whcih configuration file i need to set ? or any network port to look out for ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owls
1 Replies

2. AIX

Configure AIX v5.1 for send mail

Hi, I wish to send a mail via ksh using this command: cat mailfile | mail -s "My Project." gio123bg@hel.com Is it necessary to configure some file? If yes, in which way? May you explain me all steps necessary to implement the above command? Many thanks in advance for your kind... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio123bg
0 Replies

3. AIX

Send email from unix (AIX) with PDF attachment

I am using the following command to send PDF attachment with a mail. uuencode <attachment.pdf> <attachment.pdf>|mailx -s <subject> <mail_id> < <Message_file.txt> This one send the message with attachment. I would like send PDF attachment with the mail Can any one help with this issue ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunjup
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Server unable to send mail-how to configure

Hi All, I'm unable to send out email using mailx command in a new server. I guess the server has to be configured for this. I searched a lot and everywhere it was asked to check /etc/sendmail.cf (I don't have this file in that path.) And I don't have a folder called host or hosts in /etc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Qwerty123
6 Replies

5. AIX

how to send a file from aix to a email address?

how to send a file from aix to a email address? such as xxx@yahoo.com? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I configure Linux server to be able to send emails internally?

Hi The script: #!/bin/sh #set -x # set admin email so that you can get email ADMIN="myemailaddress" # set alert level ALERT=4 df -HP | grep -vE '^Filesystem|tmpfs|cdrom' | awk '{ print $5 " " $1 }' | while read output; do #echo $output usep=$(echo $output | awk '{ print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't configure sendmail to send mails to external SMTP Server

Hi all,I know, that this is very common issue, but I can't find where is the problem... I have Solaris 10 installed.I want to send mail to external SMTP server, like:echo "letter body"| mailx -s "subject" test@test.comBut I donno what kind of changes I have to do in /etc/hosts and sendmail.cf or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
5 Replies

10. AIX

Configure AIX server to send logs and auditing to Qradar

Hi All I need your help to configure Aix to send logs to Qradar, I did all the methods that mentioned in IBM website and no use, Plz Help,, The Logs should I receive from Aix and display in Qradar is (create user delete user changing in privileges....etc ) my skype account khaled_ly84 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled_ly84
4 Replies
MAILER.CONF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    MAILER.CONF(5)

NAME
mailer.conf -- configuration file for mailwrapper(8) DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/mail/mailer.conf contains a series of lines of the form name program [arguments ...] The first word of each line is the name of a program invoking mailwrapper(8). (For example, on a typical system /usr/sbin/sendmail would be a symbolic link to mailwrapper(8), as would newaliases(1) and mailq(1). Thus, name might be ``sendmail'' or ``newaliases'' etc.) The second word of each line is the name of the program to actually execute when the first name is invoked. The further arguments, if any, are passed to the program, followed by the arguments mailwrapper(8) was called with. The file may also contain comment lines, denoted by a '#' mark in the first column of any line. FILES
/etc/mail/mailer.conf EXAMPLES
This example shows how to set up mailer.conf to invoke the traditional sendmail(8) program: # Execute the "real" sendmail program located in # /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail sendmail /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail send-mail /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail mailq /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail newaliases /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail This example shows how to invoke a sendmail-workalike like Postfix in place of sendmail(8): # Emulate sendmail using postfix sendmail /usr/local/sbin/sendmail send-mail /usr/local/sbin/sendmail mailq /usr/local/sbin/sendmail newaliases /usr/local/sbin/sendmail This example shows how to invoke a sendmail-workalike with Exim (from ports) in place of sendmail(8): # Emulate sendmail using exim sendmail /usr/local/sbin/exim send-mail /usr/local/sbin/exim mailq /usr/local/sbin/exim -bp newaliases /usr/bin/true rmail /usr/local/sbin/exim -i -oee This example shows the use of the mini_sendmail package from ports in place of sendmail(8). Note the use of additional arguments. # Send outgoing mail to a smart relay using mini_sendmail sendmail /usr/local/bin/mini_sendmail -srelayhost send-mail /usr/local/bin/mini_sendmail -srelayhost SEE ALSO
mail(1), mailq(1), newaliases(1), mailwrapper(8), sendmail(8) postfix(1) (ports/mail/postfix), mini_sendmail(8) (ports/mail/mini_sendmail) HISTORY
mailer.conf appeared in NetBSD 1.4. AUTHORS
Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com> BUGS
The entire reason this program exists is a crock. Instead, a command for how to submit mail should be standardized, and all the "behave dif- ferently if invoked with a different name" behavior of things like mailq(1) should go away. BSD
October 8, 2010 BSD