Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: function return array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting function return array Post 302192029 by Annihilannic on Monday 5th of May 2008 11:36:55 PM
Old 05-06-2008
That's correct.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

return value of a function

Hi I have a doubt in the way the variables inside a function are treated . if a function is called from the main script directly, the variables inside them act as global variables. however if the return value of the function is stored to some other variable in the main script as shown,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prez
3 Replies

2. Programming

Function to return an array of integer

Hi all, I am trying to create a function that return an array of integer based on the char parameter pass into the function. I.e. func_a(char * str) { example str is equal to "1,2,3,4" return an array of integers of 1,2,3,4 } Please advise regards dwgi32 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwgi32
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return an array of strings from user defined function in awk

Hello Friends, Is it possible to return an array from a user defined function in awk ? example: gawk ' BEGIN{} { catch_line = my_function(i) print catch_line print catch_line print catch_line } function my_function(i) { print "echo" line= "awk" line= "gawk"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to return value from function

how to return value from function and print from main program??? And also I need to return true or false... Is it possible? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

return value of a function

I have write a shell function to get the maximum of a vector. However, the returned value from the function is not always the correct one. Here is the script: maxval() { local max j i size arrval size=$1 ; shift max=-999999999 i=0 while do arrval="$1" if then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fl0r10
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

return in function

I am using ksh. I want to know how can we make any function to return string or double value. I dont want to use the global variables. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PRKS
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return a value from called function to the calling function

I have two scripts. script1.sh looks -------------------------------- #!/bin/bash display() { echo "Welcome to Unix" } display ----------------------------- Script2.sh #!/bin/bash sh script1.sh //simply calling script1.sh ------------------------------ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass array to a function and display the array

Hi All I have multiple arrays like below. set -A val1 1 2 4 5 set -A val2 a b c d . . . Now i would like to pass the individual arrays one by one to a function and display/ do some action. Note : I am using ksh Can you please advise any solution... Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return: can only `return' from a function or sourced script

Not sure where the problem is. I can run the script without any issue using the following command. . /opt/app/scripts/cdc_migration.sh But it fails with the below error when I try it this way /opt/app/scripts/cdc_migration.sh /opt/app/scripts/cdc_migration.sh: line 65: return: can only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svajhala
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function - Make your function return an exit status

Hi All, Good Day, seeking for your assistance on how to not perform my 2nd, 3rd,4th etc.. function if my 1st function is in else condition. #Body function1() { if then echo "exist" else echo "not exist" } #if not exist in function1 my all other function will not proceed.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meister29
4 Replies
nextafter(3M)						  Mathematical Library Functions					     nextafter(3M)

NAME
nextafter, nextafterf, nextafterl, nexttoward, nexttowardf, nexttowardl - next representable double-precision floating-point number SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lm [ library... ] #include <math.h> double nextafter(double x, double y); float nextafterf(float x, float y); long double nextafterl(long double x, long double y); double nexttoward(double x, long double y); float nexttowardf(float x, long double y); long double nexttowardl(long double x, long double y); DESCRIPTION
The nextafter(), nextafterf(), and nextafterl() functions compute the next representable floating-point value following x in the direction of y. Thus, if y is less than x, nextafter() returns the largest representable floating-point number less than x. The nextafter(), nextafterf(), and nextafterl() functions return y if x equals y. The nexttoward(), nexttowardf(), and nexttowardl() functions are equivalent to the corresponding nextafter() functions, except that the second parameter has type long double and the functions return y converted to the type of the function if x equals y. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return the next representable floating-point value following x in the direction of y. If x == y, y (of the type x) is returned. If x is finite and the correct function value would overflow, a range error occurs and +-HUGE_VAL, +-HUGE_VALF, and +-HUGE_VALL (with the same sign as x) is returned as appropriate for the return type of the function. If x or y is NaN, a NaN is returned. If x != y and the correct function value is subnormal, zero, or underflows, a range error occurs and either the correct function value (if representable) or 0.0 is returned. ERRORS
These functions will fail if: Range Error The correct value overflows. If the integer expression (math_errhandling & MATH_ERREXCEPT) is non-zero, the overflow floating-point exception is raised. The nextafter() function sets errno to ERANGE if the correct value would overflow. Range Error The correct value underflows. If the integer expression (math_errhandling & MATH_ERREXCEPT) is non-zero, the underflow floating-point exception is raised. USAGE
An application wanting to check for exceptions should call feclearexcept(FE_ALL_EXCEPT) before calling these functions. On return, if fetestexcept(FE_INVALID | FE_DIVBYZERO | FE_OVERFLOW | FE_UNDERFLOW) is non-zero, an exception has been raised. An application should either examine the return value or check the floating point exception flags to detect exceptions. An application can also set errno to 0 before calling nextafter(). On return, if errno is non-zero, an error has occurred. The nextafterf(), nextafterl(). nexttoward(), nexttowardf(), and nexttowardl() functions do not set errno. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
feclearexcept(3M), fetestexcept(3M), math.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Nov 2003 nextafter(3M)