Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers what is a filter ? WExplain any five filters in unix Post 302191233 by matrixmadhan on Friday 2nd of May 2008 02:26:40 AM
Old 05-02-2008
filter ?

homework ?
This User Gave Thanks to matrixmadhan For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Filters

Anyone know where I can find good documentation for IPF on the Internet? Thanks, Chuck (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filters

how to filter one particular row from one text file and copy it in another? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajanandhini
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between filters of ps

Hi I am a newbie to Unix . I am just trying to understand the difference between various filters for ps. Can someoen pelase explain me whta is the difference between using /usr/bin/ps -ef | grep <PID> or <Process name> and /usr/bin/ps -auxwww| grep <PID> or <Process Name>. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sillybirdie123
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick help with UNIX commands (pipes and filters)

Hey all, I need a command line that creates a new file named whatever, say stuff.txt in the current working directory which contains the number of directories in the current working directory, followed by the number of empty files in the current working directory, followed by the name of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: corpsegrinder
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix- filters ppt

Hello.. i want a ppt on unix filters.. can anybody gv me d link 4 that?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shweta_babbar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in filters

Hi, I have input data. 9214919702; B5; 1;20070216; 9231590437; BY; 1;20070215;9;20091022;12;20091022; 9211765888; AZ; 1;20080802;1;20080802;14;20091027; 9231592590; BY; 1;20070215;9;20091026;9;20091026; 9252412219; MM; 1;20070217; 9214917135; MM; 1;20070215; 9214917056; B5; 1;20070215;... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
8 Replies

7. Programming

Applying filters

I have a value X, a value DX and an odd integer N (say N=9) and want to create an array such that let X = 10, DX = 2 and N = 9 DIST(1) = X - 4 * DX DIST(2) = X - 3 * DX DIST(3) = X - 2 * DX DIST(4) = X - DX DIST(5) = X DIST(6) = X + DX DIST(7) = X + 2 * DX DIST(8) = X + 3 * DX DIST(9)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command -Filter rows in fixed width file based on column values

Hi All, I am trying to select the rows in a fixed width file based on values in the columns. I want to select only the rows if column position 3-4 has the value AB I am using cut command to get the column values. Is it possible to check if cut -c3-4 = AB is true then select only that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
2 Replies
SVK::Log::FilterPipeline(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       SVK::Log::FilterPipeline(3)

NAME
SVK::Log::FilterPipeline - a pipeline of log filter objects DESCRIPTION
An SVK::Log::FilterPipeline represents a particular collection of log filter objects each of which needs to be called in turn. METHODS
new Construct a new SVK::Log::FilterPipeline object by constructing the specific filters that will handle the details and preparing for the first revision. build_filter_object Given the name of a filter, try and construct an appropriate filter object. Search @INC for modules that match the name given. If no appropriate classes are available, we die with an appropriate warning. This method creates an object for the filter by calling its new() method filter SVK::Command::Log calls this routine when it wants to display (or process) a revision. The method then dispatches the information to the methods of the necessary filter objects in the pipeline to perform the real work. finished Tell all the filters that their jobs are done by calling "footer" and "teardown" on each one. get_pipeline_command Examine an exception to determine if it's a pipeline control exception. If it is, return the desired pipeline command. If it's not, rethrow the exception. If no exception is provided, the command 'continue' is returned. present_revision Display a single revision by passing it to the pipeline's presentation filter. run_pipeline Send a revision down the pipeline. Provide revision information to the revision() method of each filter in the pipeline until one of them says to stop. Then return the pipeline command. set_up_presentation Handle initial set up for the presentation filter. This should only be called once during an SVK::Log::FilterPipeline's lifetime. set_up_selection Handle initial set up for the selection filter pipeline. This should only be called once during "SVK::Log::FilterPipeline"'s lifetime. split_filter Split a string into a filter name and an arbitrary argument string. split_selectors Split the description of the selection filter pipeline into individual filter names and their arguments. Each filter is separated by a '|' character. Literal pipe characters are included with '|'. perl v5.10.0 2008-08-04 SVK::Log::FilterPipeline(3)