Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers what is a filter ? WExplain any five filters in unix Post 302191226 by jobym on Friday 2nd of May 2008 01:50:28 AM
Old 05-02-2008
what is a filter ? WExplain any five filters in unix

what is a filter ? explain any five filters in unix

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Filters

Anyone know where I can find good documentation for IPF on the Internet? Thanks, Chuck (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filters

how to filter one particular row from one text file and copy it in another? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajanandhini
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between filters of ps

Hi I am a newbie to Unix . I am just trying to understand the difference between various filters for ps. Can someoen pelase explain me whta is the difference between using /usr/bin/ps -ef | grep <PID> or <Process name> and /usr/bin/ps -auxwww| grep <PID> or <Process Name>. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sillybirdie123
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick help with UNIX commands (pipes and filters)

Hey all, I need a command line that creates a new file named whatever, say stuff.txt in the current working directory which contains the number of directories in the current working directory, followed by the number of empty files in the current working directory, followed by the name of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: corpsegrinder
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix- filters ppt

Hello.. i want a ppt on unix filters.. can anybody gv me d link 4 that?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shweta_babbar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in filters

Hi, I have input data. 9214919702; B5; 1;20070216; 9231590437; BY; 1;20070215;9;20091022;12;20091022; 9211765888; AZ; 1;20080802;1;20080802;14;20091027; 9231592590; BY; 1;20070215;9;20091026;9;20091026; 9252412219; MM; 1;20070217; 9214917135; MM; 1;20070215; 9214917056; B5; 1;20070215;... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
8 Replies

7. Programming

Applying filters

I have a value X, a value DX and an odd integer N (say N=9) and want to create an array such that let X = 10, DX = 2 and N = 9 DIST(1) = X - 4 * DX DIST(2) = X - 3 * DX DIST(3) = X - 2 * DX DIST(4) = X - DX DIST(5) = X DIST(6) = X + DX DIST(7) = X + 2 * DX DIST(8) = X + 3 * DX DIST(9)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command -Filter rows in fixed width file based on column values

Hi All, I am trying to select the rows in a fixed width file based on values in the columns. I want to select only the rows if column position 3-4 has the value AB I am using cut command to get the column values. Is it possible to check if cut -c3-4 = AB is true then select only that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
2 Replies
STREAM_FILTER_PREPEND(3)						 1						  STREAM_FILTER_PREPEND(3)

stream_filter_prepend - Attach a filter to a stream

SYNOPSIS
resource stream_filter_prepend (resource $stream, string $filtername, [int $read_write], [mixed $params]) DESCRIPTION
Adds $filtername to the list of filters attached to $stream. PARAMETERS
o $stream - The target stream. o $filtername - The filter name. o $read_write - By default, stream_filter_prepend(3) will attach the filter to the read filter chain if the file was opened for reading (i.e. File Mode: r, and/or +). The filter will also be attached to the write filter chain if the file was opened for writing (i.e. File Mode: w, a, and/or +). STREAM_FILTER_READ, STREAM_FILTER_WRITE, and/or STREAM_FILTER_ALL can also be passed to the $read_write parameter to override this behavior. See stream_filter_append(3) for an example of using this parameter. o $params - This filter will be added with the specified $params to the beginning of the list and will therefore be called first during stream operations. To add a filter to the end of the list, use stream_filter_append(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns a resource which can be used to refer to this filter instance during a call to stream_filter_remove(3). CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | Prior to PHP 5.1.0, this function returns TRUE | | | on success or FALSE on failure. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ NOTES
Note When using custom (user) filters stream_filter_register(3) must be called first in order to register the desired user filter to $filtername. Note Stream data is read from resources (both local and remote) in chunks, with any unconsumed data kept in internal buffers. When a new filter is prepended to a stream, data in the internal buffers, which has already been processed through other filters will not be reprocessed through the new filter at that time. This differs from the behavior of stream_filter_append(3). Note When a filter is added for read and write, two instances of the filter are created. stream_filter_prepend(3) must be called twice with STREAM_FILTER_READ and STREAM_FILTER_WRITE to get both filter resources. SEE ALSO
stream_filter_register(3), stream_filter_append(3). PHP Documentation Group STREAM_FILTER_PREPEND(3)