Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix script to do a global change Post 302191156 by vgersh99 on Thursday 1st of May 2008 04:37:34 PM
Old 05-01-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitc
two diffeent files with same size after zipping giving different file size
Pls don't hijack the threads of the others - start a new thread.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Urgent !!! - Script to Change passwords in unix

I have SunOs 5.8. I need to change password using a unix shell script. I have tried to pipe the passwords to the passwd command but does not work. Pls provide a script to change passwds of a list of users using a shell script. ( I have also tried crypt() but did not work) The flow of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tofani
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change password script in Unix easily..

I have more than 50 server unix's password need to change, usually I assign one password for all hosts, for easy remember, but I need to change password every two months..it's very tried to change password every 2 months, is there any unix script that can change password easily? ie ' script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change UNIX password

My shop has just ordained that all UNIX passwords expire after 45 days. We do NOT have a "single logon" facility, so I will need to logon to each of the servers (15+) I interact with and change my password by hand. I thought I could invoke passwd inside a ksh script as a Here document and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kornshellmaven
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the Windows Batch script to UNIX shell script.

Hi, When I run the below script in UNIX it's throwing syntax errors. Actually it's a windows batch script. Could anyone change the below Windows Batch script to UNIX shell script... Script: REM :: File Name : Refresh_OTL.bat REM :: Parameters : %1 - Region REM :: : %2 - Cube Type REM ::... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomailraj
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to change password

Hello Gurus I have little challenge which I do not know how to address it. I have unix account on many servers (let's say over 25). These accounts expire every 60 days. Is there scripts that I can run from my "local computer" and pass a new password to it where it would change it for me on all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setting a permanent global variable in unix accessible from any script

Is there anyway in which i can set a permanent global variable in unix, which when initialised with a value and modified during any shell script, would retain its value even if i logout and login I dont know whether i am being able to express my need clearly but basically what i want is a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change the file at one go on different UNIX machines

Hi Folks , I have a query that is I have a server (unix machhine) to which I login thru winscp or putty , mostly I use putty and at a particular location there is one xml(abc.xml) while which I change , let say 1) I login to first unix box hostname :- ccc74 username ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Automatic script to change the UNIX Password

Hi, we have around 50 users and every month we need to change the password manually once its expire. do we have any script to change the password automatically. OS -HP-UX Thanks in advance.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: periyasamycse
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change password in UNIX

Hi Friends, Every morning i need to change the password, please advise how it can be automated. I am having pre planned password list for 4 months which can be used as input file for new passwords. Thanks (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajjev_saini123
28 Replies

10. Solaris

Date and time change in global and non global zone

Hi, If I change date and time in global zone, then it will affect in non global zones. During this process what files will get affect in non global zones and which mechanism it's using to change. gloabl zone:Solaris 11.3 X86 TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
1 Replies
pthread_default_rsestacksize_np(3T)									       pthread_default_rsestacksize_np(3T)

NAME
pthread_default_rsestacksize_np() - change the default stacksize. SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
new_size The new default register stack size. old_size Pointer to where the old default register stack size is returned. DESCRIPTION
The function allows an application to change the default value for the rsestacksize attribute. This function must be called before any threads have been created. The new default stack size is passed in the new_size parameter. If not NULL, the previous default stack size is returned in old_size. If new_size is zero, this function can be used (at any time) to query the current default stack size. On HP-UX, threads with default stack sizes are cached after they terminate. The next time a thread is created with a default stack size, a cached thread (and its stack) are reused. This can result in significant performance improvements for However, if the default register stack size is not appropriate for an application, it cannot take advantage of this performance enhance- ment. By using the function, the threads library will change the default stack size so that it matches the applications needs. This allows the application to utilize the performance benefit of cached threads. If either of the set register stack size APIs is called the register stack portion of the stack space will be that large instead of size determined by the implementation. The memory stack portion will be the remainder. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: The value specified by new_size is less than register stack required for a thread. The calling process has already created threads (this must be called before any threads are created). AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
pthread_attr_getstacksize(3T), pthread_attr_setstacksize(3T), pthread_default_stacksize_np(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_default_rsestacksize_np(3T)