Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Batch changing file extensions Post 302190388 by robotronic on Tuesday 29th of April 2008 01:59:42 PM
Old 04-29-2008
Try this:

Code:
ls *.*\;* | awk -F';' '{ printf("mv \"%s\" \"%s\"\n", $0, $1) }' > rename.sh

Check if the output is what you want and then:

Code:
sh rename.sh

However, the code must be changed a bit if you have more than one semicolon in file names.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File name extensions

Hello people, I was wondering if anyone could help me? I want to produce a shell script that changes the filename extension on all matching file. E.G. change all files called ‘something.rtf' to ‘something.doc' by giving the command: Changex rtf doc *where ‘Changex' is the name of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thurrock
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncate multiple file extensions

Hi, I have files with names like file1.txt.txt.txt.txt and file2.txt.txt.txt.txt.txt............ (random infinite number of .txt exist). how to truncate (mv) their names to ones with single .txt extension like file1.txt and file1.txt ? In other words, how to extract the filename upto first... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Batch Renaming: Change files' extensions in many sub-directories

Hi all - I'm trying to rename a large number of files all at once and need some help figuring out the command line syntax to do it. I've already done quite a bit of research with the rename and mv commands, but so far haven't found a solution that seems to work for me. So: The files exist... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave920
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing extensions for multiple files at once

I copied some files to another folder, and I want to change them from .doc extensions to .txt extensions. I tried using the cp and mv commands, but it didn't work. Is it possible to change file extensions with these commands, and if so how do I do it? I tried using the * wildcard (say cp *.doc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File extensions in a dir

Hi All, Is there a way to list all file extensions in a directory and its recursive dirs? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find all the unique file extensions

Hi How can i find the unique list of file extensions in a folder/subfolders e.g. MAIN/ a.txt b.txt a.clas a.java b.class a.txt.112 c.12.ram.jar i just need to get the below out irrespective of file being present in folder or subfolders txt clas java (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking file extensions

I am trying to store file with certain file extensions to list but having some problems. Here is a part of the code set fryLst = "" set fxtLst = "" foreach f ($AfullNameLst) set fname = $f:r set fext = $f:e if ("$fext" == ".ry") set fryLst = "$fryLst $f" if ("$fext" == ".xt")... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking file extensions

I'm in csh and have a list of file names, example set Lst = "file1.ry file2.ry file3.ry file4.ry" I want to check if all the extensions are ry. Is they are, I want to do something. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename file, add extensions

Hi Guys, I have files named myfileaa,myfileab,myfileac,myfilesad.... till myfileav. Now i needs to rename all these files to myfileaa.txt ,myfileab.txt,myfileac.txt. Please help me how to do the same. Thanks in advance..!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove comments from file with specific file name extensions

Hello Unix board community, I have to program a shell script, but I am a complete noob so I hope I get some help here. The assignment is as follows: The program removes all comments regardless of formatting or language from files with specific file name extensions (php, css, js, ...).... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheZeusMan
3 Replies
Locale::Currency(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Locale::Currency(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. num This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Currency(3perl)