Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: what does this command do?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting what does this command do? Post 302190305 by Cameron on Tuesday 29th of April 2008 09:44:14 AM
Old 04-29-2008
Sorry wrapster, never dealt with opensolaris.

Be patient, someone's bound to know and provide some light.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a command line argument and a unix command to awk variables

Hi , I have a piece of code ...wherein I need to assign the following ... 1) A command line argument to a variable e.g origCount=ARGV 2) A unix command to a variable e.g result=`wc -l testFile.txt` in my awk shell script When I do this : print "origCount" origCount --> I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta_doshi
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix command : how to insert text at the cursor location via command line?

Hi, Well my title isn't very clear I think. So to understand my goal: I have a script "test1" #!/bin/bash xvkbd -text blabla with xbindkeys, I bind F5 key in order it runs my test1 script So when I press F5, test1 runs. I'm under Emacs/Vi and I press F5 in order to have "blabla" be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH script, variable built command fails, but works at command line

I am working with a sh script on a solaris 9 zone (sol 10 host) that grabs information to build the configuration command line. the variables Build64, SSLopt, CONFIGopt, and CC are populated in the script. the script includes CC=`which gcc` CONFIGopt=' --prefix=/ --exec-prefix=/usr... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Another one line command where I'd like to determine if Ubuntu or Red Hat when running command

Hello Forum, I'm making very good progress on my report thanks to the very helpful people on this forum. I've been able to successfully create my report for my Red Hat servers. But I do have a few ubuntu servers in the mix and I'd like to capture some data from them when an ssh connection is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
8 Replies
MINC_MODIFY_HEADER(1)						 MINC User's Guide					     MINC_MODIFY_HEADER(1)

NAME
minc_modify_header - modify the attributes in the header of a minc file SYNOPSIS
minc_modify_header [<options>] <file>.mnc DESCRIPTION
Minc_modify_header allows the modification, insertion or deletion of attributes in a minc file. If possible, the file is modified in place, without copying the data. This will happen when inserting (modifying) an attribute that already exists and that ends up being the same length or shorter in the new file. If an attribute is deleted or lengthened, then a complete copy of the data is made, resulting in a com- pletely new file that replaces the original. If the file is compressed, then it is first decompressed into a file whose name is either the same as that of the original file up to the ".mnc" extension or the same minus the compression extension (".bz", ".bz2", ".gz", ".Z", ".z" or ".zip"). The new file will not be re- compressed. Care is taken to completely overwrite any existing attribute when inserting a new attribute so that information is guaranteed to be removed from the file. OPTIONS
Note that options can be specified in abbreviated form (as long as they are unique) and can be given anywhere on the command line. -sinsert var:attr=value Insert a string attribute into the header. If the attribute does not exist or the new string is longer than the existing one, then all data in the file will be copied. -sappend var:attr=value Similar to -sinsert, but appends the string to the attribute's value. If the attribute already exists it must be of string type. -dinsert var:attr=value(,...) Insert a double precision attribute into the header. If the attribute does not exist or the new attribute is longer than the exist- ing one, then all data in the file will be copied. A comma-separated array of values can be specified. -dappend var:attr=value(,...) Similar to -dinsert, but appends the list of double precision values to the attribute's value. If the attribute already exists it must be of double precision type. -delete var:attr Delete an attribute from the header. USE OF THIS OPTION WILL FORCE A COMPLETE COPY OF ALL DATA TO BE MADE. Use -sinsert with an empty string to delete information without copying data (the attribute will continue to exist). -help Print summary of command-line options and exit. -version Print the program's version number and exit. EXAMPLES
: To replace the patient name with an identifier string: minc_modify_header file.mnc -sinsert 'patient:full_name=C02-F0023' To delete the patient name completely (forcing a copy of all data): minc_modify_header file.mnc -delete 'patient:full_name' To hide the patient name without copying data, assuming that we know that the attribute exists (the attribute will remain in the file, but it will be empty): minc_modify_header file.mnc -sinsert 'patient:full_name=' AUTHOR
Peter Neelin COPYRIGHTS
Copyright (C) 1995 by Peter Neelin $Date: 2004-05-25 21:33:11 $ MINC_MODIFY_HEADER(1)