Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to? launch command with string of command line options Post 302190119 by TinCanFury on Monday 28th of April 2008 05:49:57 PM
Old 04-28-2008
requesting help again, thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Executing command line options

Can someone please tell me how to modify/add to this code so that it recognizes UNIX command options (all beginning with "-") and executes the command with options? #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { int i; system("stty -echo"); ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Safia
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associated array from command line options

I am looking to populate an (associated) array with a command line argument. The command line would look something like this: alert -action test -priority '10' -module test_module . . . The associated array would look like this after the data is read in flag=(action=test priority=10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jperret
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy a command string from the command line

How can we copy a command string from a previous command line and paste it into the cursor position on the current command line? I know that ^c will not work as the shell will interpret as an interrupt signal. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using perl to get options from command line

Hi all, I want to get options from command line by perl. usage() options: -h Show this help message and exit -t Name of tester --timeout Set the timeout -l ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl script, with command-line options

Hello everyone, I have a perl script which takes various command line options from user like : test.pl -i <input_file> -o <output_file> -d <value> -c <value> Now I have multiple input files in a directory: <input_file_1> <input_file_2> <input_file_3> <input_file_4> ..... .... ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with spaces in Java command line options

Hi, I am writing a shell script to build Java options dynamically in a variable array and pass them to java.exe. If an option value contains a space, I cannot find a way to get it interpreted correctly. Here is my example: #!/bin/bash JAVA_HOME=/opt/jvm/jre1.5.0_18 JAVA_OPTS=("-Xms256m... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Romain
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script file command line options

Being new to awk I have a really basic question. It just has to be in the archives but it didn't bite me when I went looking for it. I've written an awk script, placed it in a file, added the "#!/usr/bin/awk -f" at the top of the script and away I go. "% myAwk <inputfile>" gives me exactly what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomr2k
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running set options from the command line and bash command

I'm reading about debugging aids in bash and have come across the set command. It says in my little book that an addition to typing set you can also use them "on the command line when running a script..." and it lists this in a small table: set -o option Command Line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading command line options from bash script

I have the following code and I am calling it using ./raytrac.bash -u and getting problems. For some reason opt_usage is still 0. opt_usage=0 iarg=0 narg=$# while (($iarg < $narg)) do (( iarg = $iarg + 1 )) arg=$argv usrInputFlag=`echo $arg | awk '/=/ {print 1}; ! /=/... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
22 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing Multiple Arguments in Command Line Options

Hi All, I am new to scripting. Could you please assist me . Here is my requirement. I have written a script that has 2 option flags defined. -l) calls some function with the arguments passed in front of -l -r) calls second function with the arguments passed in front of -r *) calls the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jay Deshpande
7 Replies
SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(3SSL)				      OpenSSL					  SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(3SSL)

NAME
SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list, SSL_set_client_CA_list, SSL_CTX_add_client_CA, SSL_add_client_CA - set list of CAs sent to the client when requesting a client certificate SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> void SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(SSL_CTX *ctx, STACK_OF(X509_NAME) *list); void SSL_set_client_CA_list(SSL *s, STACK_OF(X509_NAME) *list); int SSL_CTX_add_client_CA(SSL_CTX *ctx, X509 *cacert); int SSL_add_client_CA(SSL *ssl, X509 *cacert); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list() sets the list of CAs sent to the client when requesting a client certificate for ctx. SSL_set_client_CA_list() sets the list of CAs sent to the client when requesting a client certificate for the chosen ssl, overriding the setting valid for ssl's SSL_CTX object. SSL_CTX_add_client_CA() adds the CA name extracted from cacert to the list of CAs sent to the client when requesting a client certificate for ctx. SSL_add_client_CA() adds the CA name extracted from cacert to the list of CAs sent to the client when requesting a client certificate for the chosen ssl, overriding the setting valid for ssl's SSL_CTX object. NOTES
When a TLS/SSL server requests a client certificate (see SSL_CTX_set_verify_options()), it sends a list of CAs, for which it will accept certificates, to the client. This list must explicitly be set using SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list() for ctx and SSL_set_client_CA_list() for the specific ssl. The list specified overrides the previous setting. The CAs listed do not become trusted (list only contains the names, not the complete certificates); use SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations(3) to additionally load them for verification. If the list of acceptable CAs is compiled in a file, the SSL_load_client_CA_file(3) function can be used to help importing the necessary data. SSL_CTX_add_client_CA() and SSL_add_client_CA() can be used to add additional items the list of client CAs. If no list was specified before using SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list() or SSL_set_client_CA_list(), a new client CA list for ctx or ssl (as appropriate) is opened. These functions are only useful for TLS/SSL servers. RETURN VALUES
SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list() and SSL_set_client_CA_list() do not return diagnostic information. SSL_CTX_add_client_CA() and SSL_add_client_CA() have the following return values: 1. The operation succeeded. 0 A failure while manipulating the STACK_OF(X509_NAME) object occurred or the X509_NAME could not be extracted from cacert. Check the error stack to find out the reason. EXAMPLES
Scan all certificates in CAfile and list them as acceptable CAs: SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(ctx,SSL_load_client_CA_file(CAfile)); SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_get_client_CA_list(3), SSL_load_client_CA_file(3), SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations(3) 1.0.0e 2013-02-18 SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(3SSL)