Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting finding duplicates in columns and removing lines Post 302189010 by in2nix4life on Thursday 24th of April 2008 04:44:07 PM
Old 04-24-2008
With the 'uniq' command:

uniq -1 [inputfile]

Hope this helps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing lines that are (same in content) based on columns

I have a file which looks like AA BB CC DD EE FF GG HH KK AA BB GG HH KK FF CC DD EE AA BB CC DD EE UU VV XX ZZ AA BB VV XX ZZ UU CC DD EE .... I want the script to give me only one line based on duplicate contents: AA BB CC DD EE FF GG HH KK AA BB CC DD EE UU VV XX ZZ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: adsforall
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help removing lines with duplicated columns

Hi Guys... Please Could you help me with the following ? aaaa bbbb cccc sdsd aaaa bbbb cccc qwer as you can see, the 2 lines are matched in three fields... how can I delete this pupicate ? I mean to delete the second one if 3 fields were duplicated ? Thanks (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding duplicates from positioned substring across lines

I have million's of records each containing exactly 50 characters and have to check the uniqueness of 4 character substring of 50 character (postion known prior) and report if any duplicates are found. Eg. data... AAAA00000000000000XXXX0000 0000000000... upto50 chars... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gapprasath
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates from string (not duplicate lines)

please help me in getting following: Input Desired output x="foo" foo x="foo foo" foo x="foo foo" foo x="foo abc foo" foo abc x="foo foo1 foo2" foo foo1 foo2 I need to remove duplicated from string.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicates in csv based on key columns

Hi team, I have 20 columns csv files. i want to find the duplicates in that file based on the column1 column10 column4 column6 coulnn8 coulunm2 . if those columns have same values . then it should be a duplicate record. can one help me on finding the duplicates, Thanks in advance. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baskivs
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in removing duplicates

I have an input file abc.txt with info like: abcd rateuse inklite robet rateuse abcd I need to remove duplicates from the file (eg: abcd,rateuse) from the file and need to place the contents in same file abc.txt if needed can be placed in another file. can anyone help me in this :( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates in fixed width file which has multiple key columns

Hi All , I have a requirement where I need to remove duplicates from a fixed width file which has multiple key columns .Also , need to capture the duplicate records into another file . File has 8 columns. Key columns are col1 and col2. Col1 has the length of 8 col 2 has the length of 3. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX scripting for finding duplicates and null records in pk columns

Hi, I have a requirement.for eg: i have a text file with pipe symbol as delimiter(|) with 4 columns a,b,c,d. Here a and b are primary key columns.. i want to process that file to find the duplicates and null values are in primary key columns(a,b) . I want to write the unique records in which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenraj.1991
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates from delimited file based on 2 columns

Hi guys,Got a bit of a bind I'm in. I'm looking to remove duplicates from a pipe delimited file, but do so based on 2 columns. Sounds easy enough, but here's the kicker... Column #1 is a simple ID, which is used to identify the duplicate. Once dups are identified, I need to only keep the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevinprood
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing carriage returns from multiple lines in multiple files of different number of columns

Hello Gurus, I have a multiple pipe separated files which have records going over multiple Lines. End of line separator is \n and records going over multiple lines have <CR> as separator. below is example from one file. 1|ABC DEF|100|10 2|PQ RS T|200|20 3| UVWXYZ|300|30 4| GHIJKL|400|40... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dJHa
7 Replies
TSI(5)								File Formats Manual							    TSI(5)

NAME
tsi - Transmission Subscriber Identification (TSI) access control list DESCRIPTION
The HylaFAX configuration parameter QualifyTSI specifies whether or not the identity of a calling facsimile machine should be checked against an access control list before receiving facsimile. If QualifyTSI is non-null, then only messages from facsimile machines identi- fied in the file specified by the string (typically etc/tsi) will be accepted. Patterns are specified one per line and must conform to the regular expressions syntax specified by POSIX 1003.2; see re_format(7). Com- ments may be included; they are introduced with the ``#'' character and extend to the end of the line. Any trailing white space on a line is ignored (for convenience when comments are used). If a line begins with ``!'', then the regular expression identifies clients that should be rejected; otherwise regular expressions identify clients whose transmissions should be accepted. The order of patterns in a TSI file is important. When a facsimile is to be received, the fax server will compare the client's TSI against the patterns in the access control list in the order in which they appear in the file. The first pattern that matches the client TSI is used to decide whether to accept or reject the facsimile. If no patterns match the client TSI then the facsimile is rejected. Thus if you want to accept all but a restricted set of TSI the last line in the file should be ``^.*$''. Note that regular expression patterns should be written to match a TSI exactly. That is, patterns should be of the form: ^<pattern>$ where the ``^'' and ``$'' characters are used to specify the start and end of the matching TSI. Additionally, regular expression patterns should handle white space that may appear in known locations. For example, ^([+]1){1}[ .-]*415[ .-]*555[ .-]*1212.*$ matches the following TSI strings: +1.415.555.1212 415 555 1212 1-415-555-1212 Finally, note that regular expressions can be used to specify many TSI with one pattern. NOTES
It would be nice if TSI that were to be matched against were placed in some canonical form (e.g. remove white space and white space-like characters). This is, however, problematic, because some facsimile machines permit any printable ASCII string to be sent as a TSI. SEE ALSO
faxgetty(8), re_format(7), hylafax-config(5) December 5, 1994 TSI(5)