Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers capture shell output in cron entry Post 302186412 by vgersh99 on Thursday 17th of April 2008 07:14:21 AM
Old 04-17-2008
Maybe this will help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cron entry

Hi All, I want to run a cron job to run on the first saturday of each month at 1:30am. Would the following entry suffice this condition 30 1 6 * 6 wall %Will this work% Appreciate your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rramanuj
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron entry

Hi, Where can we find Cron job logs?i have a cron job which is not executing at all, 00 12 * * * /xx/yy/job > /pp/qq/log if i execute the job alone,it is executing fine. >/xx/yy/job > /pp/qq/log (is executing fine) but its not executing when it triggered from cron.is there any place cron... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rujus
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Shell Script Output To A File

Hi, I am running a shell script called dbProcess.sh which performs shutdown and startup of various Oracle instances we have.At the time of execution the script produces the following output to the command line window $./dbProcess.sh stop #### Run Details ###### Hostname : server-hop-1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Entry

Hi folks, I have got the following cron entry ... 08 30 * * * /mp1/scripts/test.sh > /mp1/scripts/test_logs.txt 2>&1 The problem is that instead of generating a new test_logs.txt file every time it keeps on appending the outputs to the test_logs.txt file. What is it that I am doing wrong... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
2 Replies

5. Solaris

User entry in both cron.allow and cron.deny

Hello All, Anybody please help me to know ,what happens when a user having entry in both cron.allow and cron.deny files.Wheather the user will be able to access the crontab??? Thanks in advance Vaisakh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksvaisakh
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron entry

Can someone please quickly respond to this? I need to have a script test.sh to run every 30 minutes from Monday to Saturday from 6am to 10pm as a crontab entry... Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: everurs789
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting out a cron entry through a shell script

In my cron thare is a line like 24 11 * * * /usr/batch/bin/abc.sh > /usr/batch/log/abc.log 2>&1 along with other entries. I want to comment out this line through a shell script. My local variable 'line'ontains the full entry (i.e. 24 11 * * * /usr/batch/bin/abc.sh > /usr/batch/log/abc.log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to Dynamically Pass Parameter to plsql Function & Capture its Output Value in a Shell Variable?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: #! /bin/ksh v="ORG_ID" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujitdas2104
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor and capture the latest entry from the log file

Hi, I want to monitor a log file using tail -f command and search for a specific string on the most recent entry from the file. If the search string matches with the most recent or last line from the file, I want send an email to the people with the message. tail -f service.log|tail -n 1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Cron entry

Hi I have a system running solaris 11, in which I am able to execute a script from the command line, but once I put i the crontab does run, but do not give results. The entry is: 15 11 * * * /var/oswbb/./startOSWbb.sh >> myjob.log 2>&1 30 11 * * * /var/oswbb/./stopOSWbb.sh I have check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies
queuedefs(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - Queue description file for at, batch, and cron commands DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron or specifies other characteristics for cron. Each noncom- ment line in this file describes either one queue or a cron characteristic. Each uncommented line should be in one of the following for- mats. q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] max_jobs=mjobs log=lcode The fields in these lines are as follows: The name of the queue. Defined queues are as follows: The default queue for jobs started by at The default queue for jobs started by batch The default queue for jobs run from a crontab file Queues d to z are also available for local use. The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in the queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run. The others will be initiated as currently running jobs ter- minate. The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in the queue that are not run with a user ID of superuser. The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing (max_jobs) has been reached. The maximum number of active jobs from all queues that may run at any one time. The default is 25 jobs. Logging level of messages sent to a log file. The default is 4. Defined levels are as follows: level-code level 0 None 1 Low 2 Medium 3 High 4 Full Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following file specifies that the b queue, for batch jobs, can have up to 50 jobs running simultaneously; that those jobs will be run with a nice value of 20. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. b.50j20n60w The following file specifies that a total of 25 active jobs will be allowed by cron over all the queues at any one time, and cron will log all messages to the log file. The last two lines are comments that are ignored. max_jobs=25 log=4 # This is a comment # And so is this FILES
Main cron directory The default location for the queue description file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: at(1), cron(8), crontab(1), nice(1) delim off queuedefs(4)