Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers capture shell output in cron entry Post 302186412 by vgersh99 on Thursday 17th of April 2008 07:14:21 AM
Old 04-17-2008
Maybe this will help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cron entry

Hi All, I want to run a cron job to run on the first saturday of each month at 1:30am. Would the following entry suffice this condition 30 1 6 * 6 wall %Will this work% Appreciate your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rramanuj
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron entry

Hi, Where can we find Cron job logs?i have a cron job which is not executing at all, 00 12 * * * /xx/yy/job > /pp/qq/log if i execute the job alone,it is executing fine. >/xx/yy/job > /pp/qq/log (is executing fine) but its not executing when it triggered from cron.is there any place cron... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rujus
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Shell Script Output To A File

Hi, I am running a shell script called dbProcess.sh which performs shutdown and startup of various Oracle instances we have.At the time of execution the script produces the following output to the command line window $./dbProcess.sh stop #### Run Details ###### Hostname : server-hop-1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Entry

Hi folks, I have got the following cron entry ... 08 30 * * * /mp1/scripts/test.sh > /mp1/scripts/test_logs.txt 2>&1 The problem is that instead of generating a new test_logs.txt file every time it keeps on appending the outputs to the test_logs.txt file. What is it that I am doing wrong... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
2 Replies

5. Solaris

User entry in both cron.allow and cron.deny

Hello All, Anybody please help me to know ,what happens when a user having entry in both cron.allow and cron.deny files.Wheather the user will be able to access the crontab??? Thanks in advance Vaisakh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksvaisakh
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron entry

Can someone please quickly respond to this? I need to have a script test.sh to run every 30 minutes from Monday to Saturday from 6am to 10pm as a crontab entry... Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: everurs789
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting out a cron entry through a shell script

In my cron thare is a line like 24 11 * * * /usr/batch/bin/abc.sh > /usr/batch/log/abc.log 2>&1 along with other entries. I want to comment out this line through a shell script. My local variable 'line'ontains the full entry (i.e. 24 11 * * * /usr/batch/bin/abc.sh > /usr/batch/log/abc.log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to Dynamically Pass Parameter to plsql Function & Capture its Output Value in a Shell Variable?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: #! /bin/ksh v="ORG_ID" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujitdas2104
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor and capture the latest entry from the log file

Hi, I want to monitor a log file using tail -f command and search for a specific string on the most recent entry from the file. If the search string matches with the most recent or last line from the file, I want send an email to the people with the message. tail -f service.log|tail -n 1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Cron entry

Hi I have a system running solaris 11, in which I am able to execute a script from the command line, but once I put i the crontab does run, but do not give results. The entry is: 15 11 * * * /var/oswbb/./startOSWbb.sh >> myjob.log 2>&1 30 11 * * * /var/oswbb/./stopOSWbb.sh I have check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)