Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers capture shell output in cron entry Post 302186258 by matrixmadhan on Wednesday 16th of April 2008 11:08:04 PM
Old 04-17-2008
should be something like

Code:
touch abc_`/usr/bin/date +%m%d%y`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cron entry

Hi All, I want to run a cron job to run on the first saturday of each month at 1:30am. Would the following entry suffice this condition 30 1 6 * 6 wall %Will this work% Appreciate your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rramanuj
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron entry

Hi, Where can we find Cron job logs?i have a cron job which is not executing at all, 00 12 * * * /xx/yy/job > /pp/qq/log if i execute the job alone,it is executing fine. >/xx/yy/job > /pp/qq/log (is executing fine) but its not executing when it triggered from cron.is there any place cron... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rujus
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Shell Script Output To A File

Hi, I am running a shell script called dbProcess.sh which performs shutdown and startup of various Oracle instances we have.At the time of execution the script produces the following output to the command line window $./dbProcess.sh stop #### Run Details ###### Hostname : server-hop-1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Entry

Hi folks, I have got the following cron entry ... 08 30 * * * /mp1/scripts/test.sh > /mp1/scripts/test_logs.txt 2>&1 The problem is that instead of generating a new test_logs.txt file every time it keeps on appending the outputs to the test_logs.txt file. What is it that I am doing wrong... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
2 Replies

5. Solaris

User entry in both cron.allow and cron.deny

Hello All, Anybody please help me to know ,what happens when a user having entry in both cron.allow and cron.deny files.Wheather the user will be able to access the crontab??? Thanks in advance Vaisakh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksvaisakh
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron entry

Can someone please quickly respond to this? I need to have a script test.sh to run every 30 minutes from Monday to Saturday from 6am to 10pm as a crontab entry... Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: everurs789
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting out a cron entry through a shell script

In my cron thare is a line like 24 11 * * * /usr/batch/bin/abc.sh > /usr/batch/log/abc.log 2>&1 along with other entries. I want to comment out this line through a shell script. My local variable 'line'ontains the full entry (i.e. 24 11 * * * /usr/batch/bin/abc.sh > /usr/batch/log/abc.log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to Dynamically Pass Parameter to plsql Function & Capture its Output Value in a Shell Variable?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: #! /bin/ksh v="ORG_ID" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujitdas2104
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor and capture the latest entry from the log file

Hi, I want to monitor a log file using tail -f command and search for a specific string on the most recent entry from the file. If the search string matches with the most recent or last line from the file, I want send an email to the people with the message. tail -f service.log|tail -n 1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Cron entry

Hi I have a system running solaris 11, in which I am able to execute a script from the command line, but once I put i the crontab does run, but do not give results. The entry is: 15 11 * * * /var/oswbb/./startOSWbb.sh >> myjob.log 2>&1 30 11 * * * /var/oswbb/./stopOSWbb.sh I have check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)