Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cannot umount - device busy
Operating Systems HP-UX Cannot umount - device busy Post 302184498 by jim mcnamara on Friday 11th of April 2008 03:10:50 PM
Old 04-11-2008
Did you try fuser -ku /data/oracle/GMPSHRDM?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

umount, device busy, but..

I'm trying to unmount a file system, but umount says the device is busy. A fuser -c /myfs tells me that nothing on this fs is in use. Any idea? Oh, and btw, why isn't my signature beeing displayed? Show user's signature is enabled and I have entered one :/ (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sTorm
10 Replies

2. Programming

[FreeBSD] ptrace( ) - Device busy

Hello, I'm trying to obtain process memory contents using ptrace( ) on FreeBSD 4.7. I know this is neither portable nor clean, yet I'd really like to get it to work... I read the manual help page and did a google search, but couldn't find anything helpful. First, the code I'm using to read an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Driver
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device or resource busy??

Hi, I'm trying to do a sharity mount to mount a terastation network drive. I'm getting a Device or resource busy message after my mount command. Please see output below... # /usr/local/sharity3/bin/sharity mount smb://labbackup01/bakup_data /mnt/labbackup01 Device or resource busy.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

/dev/ttyS2 device or resource busy

Ciao a tutti!!! il mio problema è questo: sto cercando di inviare dei comandi AT da PC a cellulare utilizzando il bluetooth e cygwin e vorrei visualizzare le risposte nella shell bash. Per farlo apro due terminali utilizzando le seguente istruzioni: xterm & Sul primo scrivo cat /dev/ttyS2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blianna
1 Replies

5. Solaris

CDROM will not eject - says device busy

Hi, I've seen similar posts on this board about ejecting CDROMs but I've tried the solutions people suggested but still cannot eject the CD. It's stuck in a production box so I can't reboot it... bash-3.00# eject -f cdrom /vol/dev/dsk/c0t0d0/sol_10_106_sparc/s0: Device busy bash-3.00#... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy54321
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Umount an entire device with multiple file systems

I wish to umount in a bash script a specific device (/dev/sdb for example) that has multiple mounted file systems. how will I go about doing this? Also is there a way to get a list of removable devices currently connected and offer the user a selection of them? (The devices themself not their... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: temp4746
2 Replies

7. Linux

Umount of a "busy" disk

A product I am working on manages storage. We are currently porting it from Solaris to Linux. The product allows its user, among other things, to add and remove file server volumes, where these volumes are exported using the NFS or the CIFS protocol. The problem is that when the user requests to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhzdh
5 Replies

8. SCO

NFS umount shows the "Device busy (Error 16)"

Hi there After making a backup copy of it sometimes happens that when I want to unmount an NFS indicates the error:umount: /path_mount busy: Device busy (Error 16) if I run lsoff, I can not find the process that is blocking the application. I'm using OpenServer 5.0.2c as one NFS server ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
14 Replies

9. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mount : Device busy

mount -f nfs 1234:/export/ert /der/fr/ert mount : /der/fr/ert: device busy normally I will then do an fuser filesystem and kill the pids, which I did. now if I do an fuser /der/fr/ert I get the mount point and no pid > fuser /der/fr/ert /der/fr/ert: but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goya
1 Replies
UMOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     UMOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
umount.nfs, umount.nfs4 - unmount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
umount.nfs dir [-fvnrlh ] DESCRIPTION
umount.nfs and umount.nfs4 are a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. umount.nfs4 and umount.nfs are meant to be used by the umount(8) command for unmounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. dir is the directory on which the file system is mounted. OPTIONS
-f Force unmount the file system in case of unreachable NFS system. -v Be verbose. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip delet- ing an entry. -r In case unmounting fails, try to mount read-only. -l Lazy unmount. Detach the file system from the file system hierarchy now, and cleanup all references to the file system as soon as it is not busy anymore. -h Print help message. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and umount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), umount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 6 Jun 2006 UMOUNT.NFS(8)