Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script for creating aix user
Operating Systems AIX script for creating aix user Post 302184028 by prichard on Thursday 10th of April 2008 10:29:40 AM
Old 04-10-2008
I did not say it would be simple. Smilie I just said that one can make the smit.script work for their needs. It is a starting point for automation. Until one understands what to check for one should stay with "smitty user" since it checks all that stuff for you. Very powerful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

creating user accounts in AIX

Hello all: I am new to UNIX and I am given the responsibility of administering a UNIX machine recently. The system is a IBM AIX 3.1. As a part of my duties I recently created some user accounts using "smit". It looked as if everything went well. But, after creating the account, I logged into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdepa
3 Replies

2. AIX

Limiting length of user in while creating user

Hi all, I am a newbe to aix 5.2. I want to specify the characters used by users while creating user in aix like specifying the length of the password should i use some sript for that if it is then please let me know how to do this if yes give me the link for the scripts. Thanks in advance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satya Mishra
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX:creating user with username more than 8 chars

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuafs84
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating and Executing a script of aliases in AIX

hi, I am trying to create a script in AIX (5.3 I think), then run it. here's what I have: /home/me $ vi first.aliases ... alias cdblah='cd /blah' alias cdho='cd /ho' alias ssr='sudo su - random' ~ ...end of first.aliases /home/me $ ./first.aliases /home/me $ ssr ksh: ssr: not found.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heetertc
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating oracle user and giving him grants using shell script

Hi , I want to write a shell script that can create oracle database user and grants permission to this user. Thanks & Regards, Deepak (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepakjha
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hp-UX, SUSE, and AIX LDAP User Script Help

Hi, I have been asked to create a ksh script that will search against an LDAP directory from various HP-UX, SUSE, and AIX 5.3 and 6.1 machines. The objective is to verify the boxes are successfully authenticating users from the LDAP store. This is something I've never done, and I could use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster2
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX How to run a Shell Script by changing the User

Hi All, Currently our application is running on the server having AIX 5.3 OS. What we intend to do is to run a shell script owned by another user and needs to be run as that particular user. I was trying to create a shell script using the su command before running the actual script (which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acoomer
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write bash script for creating user on multiple Linux hosts?

I wonder whether someone can help me with what I'm trying to achieve Basically, the objective is one script to create new user on more than 70 linux hosts if required. Everything works apart from the highlighted part. It gave me an output passwd: Unknown user name ''. when try to set... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugeulu
35 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a script requiring a pause for user input

Hi I'm trying to create a basic script that pauses for user input to verify a file name before generating the output. I have numerous SSL certificate files which I am trying to determine the expiry date so what I'm trying to do is write a script so that is pauses to request the name of the .pem... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buddyluv
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Prevent user from creating new user from his login

Hi Experts, Need your support Redhat 6.5 I want to create a user with all(read, write, execute) privileges except that user should not be able to create any new user from his login to perform any task. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
10 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)				       systemd-fsck@.service					  SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service is a service responsible for file system checks. It is instantiated for each device that requires a file system check. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system. The root file system check is performed before the other file systems. Either service is enabled at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the filesystem is set to a value greater than zero. systemd-fsck will forward file system checking progress to the console. If a file system check fails, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands one kernel command line parameter: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8) systemd 208 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)