Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Common uses for Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Common uses for Unix Post 302183708 by rcengland on Wednesday 9th of April 2008 07:38:29 PM
Old 04-09-2008
Common uses for Unix

What are some of the most common uses for Unix in the field?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Most common version of UNIX on production systems

I am new to UNIX (about a year) and learning as fast as I can. I am an instructor teaching UNIX and have two labs with Ultra 10 333 MHz, Sun Blade 1000 1 GHz, Blade 100, and Two Enterprise 250 Servers. We are currently teaching our classes using the Solaris 2.10 OS, downloaded in May 2006, I am not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dutchman
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What kind of security applications UNIX and Windows have in common?

Hi guys, may I know what kind of security applications do UNIX and Windows have in common? This is related to a project that is approaching its deadline, so would you all please be kind enough to help me? Thank You. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: austintham
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

common UNIX script which is to work in HP and SUN environment

I have two different UNIX scripts for updating Co-ordinate points which are working fine seperately in HP and SUN environments. But I am trying to write a common UNIX script which is to work in HP and SUN environment. The following are the scripts i am using SUN: #!/bin/ksh info () {... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar2yk
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare two files based on common field in unix

I have two files in UNIX. 1st file is Entity and Second File is References. 1st File has only one column named Entity ID and 2nd file has two columns Entity ID | Person ID. I want to produce a output file where entity id's are matching in both the files. Entity File 624197 624252 624264... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PRS
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing no. of files in UNIX with common prefix name

Hi, I am entirely new to Unix, need your help to perform certain actions in unix: Can anyone please tell me how to list the number of files in UNIX with Common prefix name. "I want just the number of files and not the names of files". Thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh1008
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding out the common lines in two files using 4 fields with the help of awk and UNIX

Dear All, I have 2 files. If field 1, 2, 4 and 5 matches in both file1 and file2, I want to print the whole line of file1 and file2 one after another in my output file. File1: sc2/80 20 . A T 86 F=5;U=4 sc2/60 55 . G T ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NamS
1 Replies
MACUTIL(1)						      General Commands Manual							MACUTIL(1)

NAME
macutil - A package that deals with MacIntosh files on a Unix system DESCRIPTION
macutil is a package that contains a number of utilities that deal with MacIntosh files on a Unix system. It contains the following pro- grams: binhex Convert files to BinHex 4.0 compatible hexified form. frommac Receives files from the MacIntosh on the Unix system. hexbin Convert hexified files to their MacIntosh format. macsave Save a series of files from a MacBinary stream as individual files. macstream Combine a series of files to a MacBinary stream. macunpack Unpack a MacIntosh archive into its constituents. tomac Transmits files from the Unix system to a MacIntosh. BUGS
This manual page is hopelessly incomplete! SEE ALSO
binhex(1), frommac(1), hexbin(1), macsave(1), macstream(1), macunpack(1), tomac(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACUTIL(1)