Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: check cpu usage
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting check cpu usage Post 302178275 by nua7 on Tuesday 25th of March 2008 06:51:08 AM
Old 03-25-2008
Hammer & Screwdriver

Hi!
This might be useful. It would give you procedure to send a mail thru perl.Extracting cpu usage shouldn't be a big deal.

Code:
sub _send_email($$$) {
	my $recipient = shift;
	my $full_name = shift;
	my $result_file = shift;
	my $res_file = basename($result_file);
	my $res_dir = dirname($result_file);
	chomp(my $hostname = qx/uname -n/);

my $msg = MIME::Lite->new(
		From => '"Manager Usage" <MGR@"Server name">',
		To => "\"$full_name\" <$recipient>",
		Subject => "Results of usage for $input_dir on $hostname",
		Type => 'multipart/mixed',
		Data => "The results of your usage run are attached."
	);

$msg->attach(
		Type => 'TEXT',
		Data => "Hello,\n$full_name\n\nPlease DO NOT reply to this email!\n\nIt was generated by a non-user account.  Attached is a file\ncontaining the results of your requested deck_check.upl run.\n\nThank You,\nThe HP Issuance Team"
	);

$msg->attach(
		Type => 'TEXT',
		Path => "$result_file",
		Filename => "$res_file",
		Disposition => 'attachment'
	);

$msg->send("sendmail");
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. Programming

CPU usage and memory usage

Please tell me solaris functions/api for getting following information 1- Function that tells how much memory used by current process 2- Function that tells how much memory used by all running processes 3- Function that tells how much CPU is used by current process 4- Function that tells how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How check the overall CPU usage of the unix server

Hi All, Can anyone help me.. I want to know the command to check the overall CPU usage of the server. Note: I don't want the CPU usge of each and every process. I just want to know thw aggregate CPU utilization of the server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selva_Kumar
2 Replies

4. Programming

Cpu usage

Hi all, When I have a below while loop in my code (This observation is same for C and Perl) i= 0; while(1) { i++; } for above the CPU uses goes beyond 49% on hp-ux machine, why cpu usage increase at this level for just a simple while loop? and if I have a single print statement... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

6. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

8. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to check the CPU usage for particular user

Hi All, Can anybody knows, how to check the CPU usage in percentage for a particular process along with its user and PID? Thanks in advance!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AB10
3 Replies

10. AIX

Overall CPU Usage

Hi Guys, I am a newbie on the forum. This is my first post, so first of all I would like to introduce myself. I am a SAS Analyst programmer working for an Health Insurance client. SAS is installed on a 16 CPU AIX Server with partitions running with shared processor. I have couple of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhiim2003
2 Replies
cpufreq-set(1)															    cpufreq-set(1)

NAME
cpufreq-set - A small tool which allows to modify cpufreq settings. SYNTAX
cpufreq-set [options] DESCRIPTION
cpufreq-set allows you to modify cpufreq settings without having to type e.g. "/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_set_speed" all the time. OPTIONS
-c --cpu <CPU> number of CPU where cpufreq settings shall be modified. -d --min <FREQ> new minimum CPU frequency the governor may select. -u --max <FREQ> new maximum CPU frequency the governor may select. -g --governor <GOV> new cpufreq governor. -f --freq <FREQ> specific frequency to be set. Requires userspace governor to be available and loaded. -r --related modify all hardware-related CPUs at the same time -h --help Prints out the help screen. REMARKS
Omitting the -c or --cpu argument is equivalent to setting it to zero. The -f FREQ, --freq FREQ parameter cannot be combined with any other parameter except the -c CPU, --cpu CPU parameter. FREQuencies can be passed in Hz, kHz (default), MHz, GHz, or THz by postfixing the value with the wanted unit name, without any space (fre- quency in kHz =^ Hz * 0.001 =^ MHz * 1000 =^ GHz * 1000000). On Linux kernels up to 2.6.29, the -r or --related parameter is ignored. FILES
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/ /proc/cpufreq (deprecated) /proc/sys/cpu/ (deprecated) AUTHORS
Dominik Brodowski <linux@brodo.de> - author Mattia Dongili<malattia@gmail.com> - first autolibtoolization SEE ALSO
cpufreq-info(1) Mattia Dongili 0.1 cpufreq-set(1)