Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to read email using mailx in shell script or perl Post 302177759 by era on Sunday 23rd of March 2008 06:57:40 AM
Old 03-23-2008
Sounds pretty much like you would want to look at Procmail for the basic infrastructure. It can invoke a Perl script (or pretty much anything you like) on every incoming email message.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to do mailx from shell script

Hi From within a shell script my mailx doesnt seem to work...can somebody tell me what is wrong... #!/bin/ksh #Script to verify wheather all databases listed are up and running #Script works with Oracle8 and above databases #Script has to be run by ./scriptname DBA=xiamin@unix.com echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script variable to read shell command

Solaris 10 Korn shell ksh, Hi there, I have figured out to get yesterday's date which is using the below command: TZ=GMT+24; date +%d-%b-%Y to get the format of 30-Sep-2008 and TZ=GMT+24; date +%Y%m%d to get the format of 20080930. I need this two format. In my perl script below I need... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulkbiz
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl or Shell script to read a transaction log in real time

Hello, I have a Apache webserver running on RedHat. Its primary function is a proxy server for users accessing the internet. I have a transaction log that logs every transactions of every users. For users trying to access certain sites/content the transactions goes into a 302 redirect loop and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bruno406
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need shell or Perl script to read multiple input

I need shell 0r Perl script to read multiple input and do something and come out example: echo “ enter the host names separated by space “ read servers foreach @servers { do do something done} Here host names like host1 host2 host3 . . . . . . . so on Please help me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedhargouda
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read email from Esxchange OWA server

Hi all. I was asked to monitor our email process end to end, so that we can track that email is being delivered and the delay if any. The email system I am monitoring is a Microsoft exchange with the built in Microsoft Web front end. The monitoring systen is Nagios running on CentOS. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salatconed
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each certificate and send the mail to the user. The user takes action to add the new certificate to the storage file and user owns the responsibility to update the input text file with the new certificate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: casmo
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx, Table, Multiple Email script

Hello, I am able to write some simple scripts in linux but this time it seems a little bit hard for me. Objective: Script will read Database.txt file and will submit separate emails to multiple persons. Database.txt Elvis-Presley user_ssh1 ##20140403 firstperson@gmail.com Julia-Roberts... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Script to read hive table and send email

HI Team, I am working on reading hive table and send email in email body using shell script, can you please help on fixing the errors: I have 6 columns in my hive table and trying to send the email in the mail body. below script: #!/bin/bash hive -e 'SELECT count(*) from db.table' >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mi4304
4 Replies
GPGMAILTUNL(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   GPGMAILTUNL(1p)

NAME
gpgmailtunl - Encrypts an email message into the body of another email. SYNOPSIS
gpgmailtunl [options] --encrypt | --decrypt DESCRIPTION
gpgmailtunl is a filter program that either encrypts an email message using the Gnu Privacy Guard and sends it to another recipient or decrypt an email message and forwards unencrypted to another destination. It can be used to exchange emails across an open network betweeen two trusted systems. TYPICAL USAGE
This program is intended to run from program like procmail or sendmail to create an email tunnel between two systems. Of course this is not as secure as using gpg as an end user program, it may be convenient in certain case. ENCRYPTION
To encapsulates an email within another you pipe the message to gpgmailtunl. OPTIONS GetOptions( \%opt, "encrypt", "decrypt", "sign", "secret-file=s", "from=s", "to=s", "subject=s", "homedir=s", "local-user=s", "recipient=s", ) or usage; to This is the address to which the encrypted message will be sent. This is the only required fields. recipient This sets the keyid that will be used to encrypt the outgoing message. If unset, gpgmailtunl will try to find a key matching the to option. subject Sets the subject of the outgoing message. This defaults to "Encrypted mail". from Sets the From header line of the outgoing message which will contains the encrypted one. sendmail will provides a default one if this is not set. sign If this option is used, the outgoing message will be signed. In this case you should probably use to local-user and secret-file options. secret-file File from which the secret to unlock the private used to sign the message can be read. local-user The keyid of the user that should sign the outgoing message. The default user will be used if not specified. homedir Sets an alternate gpg home directory. (This is where the keyrings are stored.) DECRYPTION
To extract an email to be forwarded to the final user you pipe the encrypted email to gpgmailtunl using the decrypt switch. Once decrypted, the encapsulated email message will be sent to the original destinator of the message. OPTIONS homedir Sets an alternate gpg home directory. (This is where the keyrings are stored.) secret-file File from which the secret to unlock the private used to decrypt the message can be read. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <francis.lacoste@iNsu.COM> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999, 2000 iNsu Innovations Inc. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. SEE ALSO
gpg(1) gpgmailtunl(1) GnuPG(3) perl v5.14.2 2011-11-22 GPGMAILTUNL(1p)