Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change HostName
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Change HostName Post 302176693 by nalina on Tuesday 18th of March 2008 11:57:41 PM
Old 03-19-2008
In this box no command call “hostname”

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to change hostname and ip in solaris

Dear all, I am going to change the IP address and hostname in my solaris, but I don't know how to do it. If you have any idea or suggestion, please fell free to let me know. Thanks and Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PennyLi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change hostname

Hi, ( running solaris 8 ) I know how to change the hostname temparily, by login in as root typing hostname = xxxxx but, this obviously goes when the system is rebooted. I'm not sure what files need changing to make this a permant change. Could anyone help me please? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change of Hostname

Dear All. I will like to know beside the following command "hostname hostname" what other command that can change the hostname of the Unix. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gelbvonn
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Change IP and Hostname

Hello.. I wanted to know how to change IP and Hostname on HPUX system, and I don't want to make it as NIS master either. Could someone tell me the files I need to modify and make sure it's on network? Thanks! :o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change hostname

Hi, I asked this question whenI was running solaris 8 and got some very good answers. I've just uograded to Solaris 10 and there seems to quite a few changes so I need to know again. https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=8547 ------------ Hi (now solaris 10) I know how to change the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - unknown hostname - how can I change hostname?

Hello, I am new to Solaris. I am using stand alone Solaris 10.0 for test/study purpose and connecting to internet via an ADSL modem which has DHCP server. My Solaris is working on VMWare within winXP. My WinXP and Solaris connects to internet by the same ADSL modem via its DHCP at the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Change hostname in Solaris 9

Please anyone guide me how to change the hostname in Solaris 9? The IP of the machie is fetched from a DHCP server. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
6 Replies

8. Linux

how to change hostname permanentaly

i want to change my hostname permanentaly in my Fedora core 6. could any one tell me how it is possible .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Change hostname

Hello, I would like to change the hostname on a Linux server (RHEL4). I try different methods in vain : - by using hostname command - by changing /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname But after restarting server, the old hostname re-appears... :confused: And the file ./proc/sys/kernel/hostname... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
3 Replies

10. Solaris

change hostname in SUNOS 5.10

What file I need to edit if I need to change hostname in SUN OS 5.10 Please advice ....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chuikingman1
1 Replies
PUSH(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   PUSH(8)

NAME
push -- fetch mail via POP SYNOPSIS
push [-5 | --krb5] [-v | --verbose] [-f | --fork] [-l | --leave] [--from] [-c | --count] [--headers=headers] [-p port-spec | --port=port-spec] po-box filename DESCRIPTION
push retrieves mail from the post office box po-box, and stores the mail in mbox format in filename. The po-box can have any of the follow- ing formats: 'hostname:username' 'po:hostname:username' 'username@hostname' 'po:username@hostname' 'hostname' 'po:username' If no username is specified, push assumes that it's the same as on the local machine; hostname defaults to the value of the MAILHOST environ- ment variable. Supported options: -5, --krb5 use Kerberos 5 (if compiled with support for Kerberos 5) -f, --fork fork before starting to delete messages -l, --leave don't delete fetched mail --from behave like from. -c, --count first print how many messages and bytes there are. --headers=headers a list of comma-separated headers that should get printed. -p port-spec, --port=port-spec use this port instead of the default 'kpop' or '1109'. The default is to first try Kerberos 5 authentication and then, if that fails, Kerberos 4. ENVIRONMENT
MAILHOST points to the post office, if no other hostname is specified. EXAMPLES
$ push cornfield:roosta ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box tries to fetch mail for the user roosta from the post office at ``cornfield'', and stores the mail in ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box (you are using Gnus, aren't you?) $ push --from -5 havregryn tries to fetch From: lines for current user at post office ``havregryn'' using Kerberos 5. SEE ALSO
from(1), pfrom(1), movemail(8), popper(8) HISTORY
push was written while waiting for movemail to finish getting the mail. HEIMDAL
May 31, 1998 HEIMDAL