Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with double quote and string variable Post 302176195 by KevinADC on Monday 17th of March 2008 05:27:18 PM
Old 03-17-2008
Quote:
i have a file output.txt which contains a single line with a list of files with quotes :
"file1.ext" "file2.ext" "file3.ext"
open the file and remove the quotes if you have no control over the file format. Then split the fields on the spaces to create a list of files to feed to the zip function.

Post your current code (or just the relevant part) for more help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

double-quote inside double-quote

hey all, i made a simple .sh like this: echo "<style media="screen" type="text/css">@import url("main.css");</style>" but the output is: <style media=screen type=text/css>@import url(main.css);</style> i want to keep double-quotes, can anyone help me? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indraf
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex in grep to match all lines ending with a double quote (") OR a single quote (')

Hi, I've been trying to write a regex to use in egrep (in a shell script) that'll fetch the names of all the files that match a particular pattern. I expect to match the following line in a file: Name = "abc" The regex I'm using to match the same is: egrep -l '(^) *= *" ** *"$' /PATH_TO_SEARCH... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NanJ
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the string after certain # of double quote

Could you please help in unix scripting for below scenario... In my input file, there might be a chance of having a string ( Ex:"99999") after 5th double quote for each record. I need to replace it with a space. Ex : Input : "abcdef","12345","99999","0986"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsairam
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

double quote as the delimiter

I'm trying to extract a column from a csv file with either cut or awk but some of the fields contain comma with them: "Field1","Field2, additional info","Field3",...,"Field17",... If I want to extract column 3 and use comma as the delimiter, I'll actually get the additional info bit but not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivpz
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting value between double quote

Can somebody supply me with a simple way to get a value between two double quotes? Example: input = ADR base is "/u01/app/oracle" output = /u01/app/oracle Thanks to all who answer (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace double quotes with a single quote within a double quoted string

Hi Froum. I have tried in vain to find a solution for this problem - I'm trying to replace any double quotes within a quoted string with a single quote, leaving everything else as is. I have the following data: Before: ... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
32 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Double Quote in Double Quote incsv file

Hi All , We have source data file as csv file and since data could contain commas ,each attribute is quoted into double quotes.However problem is that some of the attributa data also contain double quotes which is converted to double double quote while creating csv file XLs data : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shalini Badal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all but the first and last double quote in a line with a single quote with awk

From: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This, is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ""test""" 4,7,3,1,8,"""" To: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This; is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ''test''" 4,7,3,1,8,"''"Is there an easy syntax I'm overlooking? There will always be an odd number... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help/Advise please for converting space delimited string variable to comma delimited with quote

Hi, I am wanting to create a script that will construct a SQL statement based on a a space delimited string that it read from a config file. Example of the SQL will be For example, it will read a string like "AAA BBB CCC" and assign to a variable named IN_STRING. I then concatenate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies
ZZIP_OPEN(3)						       zziplib Function List						      ZZIP_OPEN(3)

NAME
zzip_open, zzip_open_ext_io, zzip_open_shared_io - ... SYNOPSIS
#include <zzip/lib.h> ZZIP_FILE * zzip_open((zzip_char_t * filename, int o_flags)); ZZIP_FILE * zzip_open_ext_io((zzip_char_t * filename, int o_flags, int o_modes, zzip_strings_t * ext, zzip_plugin_io_t io)); ZZIP_FILE * zzip_open_shared_io((ZZIP_FILE * stream, zzip_char_t * filename, int o_flags, int o_modes, zzip_strings_t * ext, zzip_plugin_io_t io)); DESCRIPTION
The zzip_open_ext_io function uses explicit ext and io instead of the internal defaults, setting them to zero is equivalent to zzip_open note that the two flag types have been split into an o_flags (for fcntl-like openflags) and o_modes where the latter shall carry the zzip_flags and possibly accessmodes for unix filesystems. Since this version of zziplib can not write zipfiles, it is not yet used for anything else than zzip-specific modeflags. The zzip_open_ext_io function returns a new zzip-handle (use zzip_close to return it). On error the zzip_open_ext_io function will return null setting errno(3). The zzip_open_shared_io function takes an extra stream argument - if a handle has been then ext/io can be left null and the new stream handle will pick up the ext/io. This should be used only in specific environment however since zzip_file_real does not store any ext-sequence. The benefit for the zzip_open_shared_io function comes in when the old file handle was openened from a file within a zip archive. When the new file is in the same zip archive then the internal zzip_dir structures will be shared. It is even quicker, as no check needs to be done anymore trying to guess the zip archive place in the filesystem, here we just check whether the zip archive's filepath is a prefix part of the filename to be opened. Note that the zzip_open_shared_io function is also used by zzip_freopen that will unshare the old handle, thereby possibly closing the handle. The zzip_open_shared_io function returns a new zzip-handle (use zzip_close to return it). On error the zzip_open_shared_io function will return null setting errno(3). AUTHOR
o Guido Draheim <guidod@gmx.de> Tomi Ollila <Tomi.Ollila@iki.fi> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999,2000,2001,2002,2003 Guido Draheim All rights reserved, use under the restrictions of the Lesser GNU General Public License or alternatively the restrictions of the Mozilla Public License 1.1 zziplib 0.13.56 ZZIP_OPEN(3)