Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BASH: how to launch a program with parameters Post 302175692 by TinCanFury on Saturday 15th of March 2008 03:02:30 AM
Old 03-15-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfajohnson

You could also quote them individually:
Code:
: "$TRACK":"$SRTFILE"

I tried that, didn't work, quoting as a whole string did though. don't know why/what the difference is though.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to launch program though telnet

I have launched telnet on nt and have connected to a unix server, I'm trying to run a program on the unix server which will launch a gui, but when I try to launch it I get the message "display not set\n" "By default set it to 0.0" I can sit down at the unix machine and launch the program with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbachman
3 Replies

2. Programming

launch an executable from a C++ program

Hi everybody! Could you please tell me how can I launch an executable from a C++ (on unix) program? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadiamihu
2 Replies

3. Programming

Problem with external program launch

Hello, in the application i'm writing i need to launch "recordmydesktop" to capture the screen,but i'm having a problem: when the recording stops,and the encoding of the saved file starts,the entire system hangs until the completion of the encoding.This happens if i launch recordmydesktop from my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zipi
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to launch C program

Hi there, im new too shell scripting and was wondering if it is possible to create a shell script to take in a variable and load a c program. My C program is a file monitor, and is started by using the terminal and using to following code ./monitor FileToBeMonitored is it possible to have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazmcc182
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launch a windows program from perl script

Hi i wanted to know if any one can give me an example on how to launch a windows program in a perl script. I wanted to open the nmap software on my computer with a perl script, i heard this can be done with the system function. Would the function be in this format: $text =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingbp
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script timer on program launch

So I am attempting to get a short but complex perl script to be able to time out an application that I will launch from a command line. The terminal I use is MKS C SHELL and I am having trouble doing the a job spawn that will launch the application and keep time on it. I know you could do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input keyboard keys upon program launch

Hey guys, first post! I want to write a script that will wait 1 second and then input the keys CTRL+ALT+J to the application i just opened. The program is dosbox, and thay key combination starts video recording :) I have no idea how to program this, can anyone help please? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brunobliss
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launch a text program inside a konsole at startup

Hi ULFers, I am trying to setup a (very) simple startup script on a centos 6.4 computer and it kind of failed.... Here are the details : As said just above the computer setup is running a CentOS 6.4 x64, on this computer a vncserver is automatically started (by a chkconfig vncserver on), i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pierpier
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having trouble using expect to launch vpn program

Hello all. I am a linux and linux scripting newbie so please forgive my ignorance. I have been tasked to write what I thought should be a pretty simple script that does the following: 1) Loads our forticlient ssl vpn command line client 2) sends the vpn password to the client Pretty... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wblakenc
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launch shell script with parameters from a webpage button

I want to create a simple html page that should contain 2 fields in which the user can write the input. Then I want to have a button that should launch a shell script with the parameters inserted by user in the fields from the webpage. This is the code behind my webpage: <html> <form... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
2 Replies
CGI::Pretty(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  CGI::Pretty(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Pretty - module to produce nicely formatted HTML code SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Pretty qw( :html3 ); # Print a table with a single data element print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Pretty is a module that derives from CGI. It's sole function is to allow users of CGI to output nicely formatted HTML code. When using the CGI module, the following code: print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); produces the following output: <TABLE><TR><TD>foo</TD></TR></TABLE> If a user were to create a table consisting of many rows and many columns, the resultant HTML code would be quite difficult to read since it has no carriage returns or indentation. CGI::Pretty fixes this problem. What it does is add a carriage return and indentation to the HTML code so that one can easily read it. print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); now produces the following output: <TABLE> <TR> <TD>foo</TD> </TR> </TABLE> Recommendation for when to use CGI::Pretty CGI::Pretty is far slower than using CGI.pm directly. A benchmark showed that it could be about 10 times slower. Adding newlines and spaces may alter the rendered appearance of HTML. Also, the extra newlines and spaces also make the file size larger, making the files take longer to download. With all those considerations, it is recommended that CGI::Pretty be used primarily for debugging. Tags that won't be formatted The following tags are not formatted: <a>, <pre>, <code>, <script>, <textarea>, and <td>. If these tags were formatted, the user would see the extra indentation on the web browser causing the page to look different than what would be expected. If you wish to add more tags to the list of tags that are not to be touched, push them onto the @AS_IS array: push @CGI::Pretty::AS_IS,qw(XMP); Customizing the Indenting If you wish to have your own personal style of indenting, you can change the $INDENT variable: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = " "; would cause the indents to be two tabs. Similarly, if you wish to have more space between lines, you may change the $LINEBREAK variable: $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = " "; would create two carriage returns between lines. If you decide you want to use the regular CGI indenting, you can easily do the following: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = ""; AUTHOR
Brian Paulsen <Brian@ThePaulsens.com>, with minor modifications by Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org> for incorporation into the CGI.pm distribution. Copyright 1999, Brian Paulsen. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Bug reports and comments to Brian@ThePaulsens.com. You can also write to lstein@cshl.org, but this code looks pretty hairy to me and I'm not sure I understand it! SEE ALSO
CGI perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 CGI::Pretty(3pm)