Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BASH: how to launch a program with parameters Post 302175587 by TinCanFury on Friday 14th of March 2008 01:50:04 PM
Old 03-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfajohnson

Quote your variables:
Code:
mkvextract tracks "$MOVIE" "${TRACK}:$SRTFILE"

ah, didn't realize I could quote ${TRACK}:$SRTFILE all in one. thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to launch program though telnet

I have launched telnet on nt and have connected to a unix server, I'm trying to run a program on the unix server which will launch a gui, but when I try to launch it I get the message "display not set\n" "By default set it to 0.0" I can sit down at the unix machine and launch the program with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbachman
3 Replies

2. Programming

launch an executable from a C++ program

Hi everybody! Could you please tell me how can I launch an executable from a C++ (on unix) program? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadiamihu
2 Replies

3. Programming

Problem with external program launch

Hello, in the application i'm writing i need to launch "recordmydesktop" to capture the screen,but i'm having a problem: when the recording stops,and the encoding of the saved file starts,the entire system hangs until the completion of the encoding.This happens if i launch recordmydesktop from my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zipi
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to launch C program

Hi there, im new too shell scripting and was wondering if it is possible to create a shell script to take in a variable and load a c program. My C program is a file monitor, and is started by using the terminal and using to following code ./monitor FileToBeMonitored is it possible to have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazmcc182
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launch a windows program from perl script

Hi i wanted to know if any one can give me an example on how to launch a windows program in a perl script. I wanted to open the nmap software on my computer with a perl script, i heard this can be done with the system function. Would the function be in this format: $text =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingbp
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script timer on program launch

So I am attempting to get a short but complex perl script to be able to time out an application that I will launch from a command line. The terminal I use is MKS C SHELL and I am having trouble doing the a job spawn that will launch the application and keep time on it. I know you could do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input keyboard keys upon program launch

Hey guys, first post! I want to write a script that will wait 1 second and then input the keys CTRL+ALT+J to the application i just opened. The program is dosbox, and thay key combination starts video recording :) I have no idea how to program this, can anyone help please? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brunobliss
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launch a text program inside a konsole at startup

Hi ULFers, I am trying to setup a (very) simple startup script on a centos 6.4 computer and it kind of failed.... Here are the details : As said just above the computer setup is running a CentOS 6.4 x64, on this computer a vncserver is automatically started (by a chkconfig vncserver on), i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pierpier
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having trouble using expect to launch vpn program

Hello all. I am a linux and linux scripting newbie so please forgive my ignorance. I have been tasked to write what I thought should be a pretty simple script that does the following: 1) Loads our forticlient ssl vpn command line client 2) sends the vpn password to the client Pretty... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wblakenc
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launch shell script with parameters from a webpage button

I want to create a simple html page that should contain 2 fields in which the user can write the input. Then I want to have a button that should launch a shell script with the parameters inserted by user in the fields from the webpage. This is the code behind my webpage: <html> <form... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
2 Replies
PPI::Token::Quote(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      PPI::Token::Quote(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Quote - String quote abstract base class INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Quote isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::Quote" class is never instantiated, and simply provides a common abstract base class for the four quote classes. In PPI, a "quote" is limited to only the quote-like things that themselves directly represent a string. (although this includes double quotes with interpolated elements inside them). The subclasses of "PPI::Token::Quote" are: '' - PPI::Token::Quote::Single "q{}" - PPI::Token::Quote::Literal "" - PPI::Token::Quote::Double "qq{}" - PPI::Token::Quote::Interpolate The names are hopefully obvious enough not to have to explain what each class is here. See their respective pages for more details. Please note that although the here-doc does represent a literal string, it is such a nasty piece of work that in PPI it is given the honor of its own token class (PPI::Token::HereDoc). METHODS
string The "string" method is provided by all four ::Quote classes. It won't get you the actual literal Perl value, but it will strip off the wrapping of the quotes. # The following all return foo from the ->string method 'foo' "foo" q{foo} qq <foo> literal The "literal" method is provided by ::Quote:Literal and ::Quote::Single. This returns the value of the string as Perl sees it: without the quote marks and with "\" and "'" resolved to "" and "'". The "literal" method is not implemented by ::Quote::Double or ::Quote::Interpolate yet. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::Quote(3)