Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Setting up static ip-adresses, Solaris 10 Post 302173895 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 8th of March 2008 05:23:29 PM
Old 03-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by empty
Thanks,

How do i set the netmask the interfaces should use? All use the same.

Tried edit netmask file but dident work.

Thanks bigtime GGR
post the file... it should work, so maybe you've done something wrog...

# cat /etc/netmasks

and let's have a look,

DN2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Basic Solaris static routing

Hi All, :(:confused: I have scoured the web and can't find this anywhere. What I am trying to do is set up a static route through an available gateway on a server, and then test connectivity through TELNET. I have done this on AIX (I already had this procedure). On AIX I would use SMIT. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
7 Replies

2. IP Networking

I need HELP to Set up Coyote Linux router with 1 static IP & 64 internal static IP

hello, i need help on setting my coyote linux, i've working on this for last 5 days, can't get it to work. I've been posting this message to coyote forum, and other linux forum, but haven't get any answer yet. Hope someone here can help me...... please see my attached picture first. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlwoaud
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Static IP address for solaris 10 virtual machine

Hi All I am having a solaris 10 virtual machine on vista (using vmware 7) laptop. Now i want to access virtual machine from vista using putty. Problem is that i insalled the solaris machine as dhcp. and whenever i connect to internet or reboot my system the IP address of solaris... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankurk
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris - Assign Static IP

Hi, I have cloned a SOLARIS 8 (BLADE 150) Hard Disk and have put into other system. So, now how do I configure the NIC and assign static IP for this new machine ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
8 Replies

5. Solaris

How to assign static ip address to the server having solaris 10. i.e. nge0

hi, how to assign static ip address to the server having solaris 10. assign static ip to nge0 which will sustain across reboots which will include all settings including gateway setting etc.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Trouble setting up a static IP on NetGear DGN1000

I have been trying to setup a static ip, however everytime I do so my internet disconnects and won't connect untill I switch back to dynamic. My router is a NetGear DGN1000 and I'm using it wired. Could anyone help? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zomigosh
0 Replies

7. Solaris

ILOM AND ALOM IP adresses

hi guys How to know ILOM and ALOM ip address. how to find the ilom alerts and alom alerts can one help out pls thanks, deepu. ---------- Post updated at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:38 AM ---------- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepaasuri
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Setting Up live FTP Server with Static IP in Red-Hat Linux 6

Hi Guys, I want to some guidance from you in setting up the Live FTP server in Redhat Linux 6 with Static IP 120.50.150.50. Now should I set my Static Public IP directly to my Linux machine? If so what whould be my sunbet mask? Is any type of natting required here? if so where would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 problem with static ip

I have installed Solaris 11.2 in VMware Player, networked in bridged mode. When Solaris uses DHCP everything is OK, I can reach internet, as well as other systems on my LAN. When I switch to static, I have connections to my LAN, but can not get to internet, the DNS resolution is somehow not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris static IP changed (non DHCP)

We have 2 solaris 10 t5240 servers with static IP addresses on nxge0 I/F which were rebooted a few days back with a known good config that has been in place for years (for /etc/hosts, /etc/hostname.nxge0, /etc/netmasks, etc) They are not using dhcp. About the same time today, both of their... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdatontodo
7 Replies
securenets(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						     securenets(4)

NAME
securenets - NIS map security file DESCRIPTION
The file defines networks and hosts that can access the NIS maps on a server. Each line in the file gives a network mask and a net address. For example: The format of the file is as follows: o Lines beginning with the character are treated as comments. o Lines that are not comment lines contain two fields separated by white space. The first field is a netmask, and the second field is a network. o The netmask field can be one of the following: o 255.255.255.255 (IPv4) o ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff (IPv6) o the string indicating that the second field is a specific host to be allowed access. The file can have any number of netmask/net pairs. When is started on the server, it checks for the existence of and reads its contents into memory if it exists. must be stopped and restarted for any changes in to take effect. Upon startup, the netmask and the net address are converted to binary format and logical ANDed. The result must equal the net address (the second address) to be legal. If the netmask is 255.255.255.255 (all 1's in binary), any address in the net address argument will match it. If any field in the netmask is 0, the corresponding field in the net address must be 0. When used in this way, the portion of the addresses given as 0 acts as a wild card. When a client attempts to bind to the server, checks the client's IP against those given in the file. Again, the address is converted to binary and logical ANDed with the netmask. The result must equal the net address given in the file. If the client address does not match any pairs in the file, the binding is refused with the message, "no such map in server's NIS domain". The file can be used to limit access to specific hosts or to subnets using the wildcard capability. If there are syntax errors in the file, messages are logged to the logging file (default and is not started. If a host has multiple interfaces, each interface address must be allowed in the securenets file for that host to have reliable NIS access. EXAMPLES
The following examples show entries for the file. Either of the following entries provides access only to the host with address 192.33.33.33: or The following entry allows access by any host on the 192.33.33 subnet: For broader access, such as an entire enterprise, the following entry allows any host whose address begins with "15" to be served: Either of the following entries allows access for an individual IPv6 address: or The following entry allows access for all IPv6 addresses starting with "fec0": SEE ALSO
ypserv(1M). securenets(4)