Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find Day of the Week from the given date (Perl)? Post 302173543 by cbkihong on Friday 7th of March 2008 04:39:44 AM
Old 03-07-2008
You have to install that module yourself as it is not shipped with Perl.

Steffen Beyer / Date-Calc-5.4 - search.cpan.org

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Get Day of Week from date

Hi All, I have date in string format 'YYYY-MM-DD'. I want to know day of the week for this date. Example. For '2005-08-21' my script should return '0' or Sunday For '2005-08-22' it should return '1' or Monday I want piece of code for HP-UX korn shell. Appreciate reply on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpapaiya
5 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to find 'Day of week' in Linux system

Hi All, I want to find a day of week for the Linux system. can some one help me on this.. Thanks in advance, Raji. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajinavaneethan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function to get day of week from YYYY-MM-DD date

Can't find out how to get the day of the week from a given date, anyone got a code snippet that could help please? Ta!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: couponmeup
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Day of the week from date

I have a problem of Finding Day of the week from date, but i need to do it within awk On SOLARIS Input:20101007(YYYYMMDD) Output:Thursday kindly provide suggestions. Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add day of week at the end of each line that shows the date?

I have a file that looks like: file1: www_blank_com 20121008153552 www_blank_com 20121008162542 www_blank_com 20121009040540 www_blank_com 20121009041542 www_blank_com 20121010113548 www_blank_com 20121011113551 www_blank_com 20121012113542 I want the new file to show the day of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: castrojc
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Find Day of Week

In HP-UX the date command does not have the "-d" switch like some other *nixes do. I'm working a simple script to tell me, given the day, month and year what day of the week that falls on. Assuming valid day, month and year input (I'd perform quality checks on the input separately, but not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwuerth
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to obtain a day of the week from the date?

I have a date in format YYYYMMDD, i need to get the day of the week from the given date. I am working in AIX system. ---------- Post updated at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:57 AM ---------- Tried to post sum of the thread's link from which i tried, but de rules didnt allow me... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: baranisachin
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the consecutive last 10 week day date using UNIX ksh shell scripting?

Hi, i am writing a ksh shell script to check the last month end date whether it is falling in last 10 week day date, I am not sure How to use "Mr. Perderabo's date calculator", Could you Please let me know how to use to get my requirement, I tried my own script but duplicate week day and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading in MM/DD/YY, find Day of Week

Hi everyone, I have a shell script that merges many files down in to one, then removes unwanted lines, that part is working fine: #!/bin/bash FILES=/home/pi/temp/qbd/* for f in $FILES do echo "Processing $f file..." # take action on each file. $f store current file name echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjws
9 Replies
mhc(5)								File Formats Manual							    mhc(5)

NAME
mhc - Message Harmonized Calendaring system DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mhc file format. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. FIELDS
Mhc file format is based on STD11/RFC822: Standard for the format of ARPA Internet text messages. In mhc file, the following extra header fields are used. X-SC-Day: Date of event in format yyyymmdd. You can specify multiple date with space separated like: X-SC-Day: 19990409 19990413 which means April 9th 1999 and April 13th 1999. X-SC-Time: Time of event in format hh:mm-hh:mm or hh:mm. For event which has no meanings about time, you can leave it empty in this field. X-SC-Duration: Period of event in yyyymmdd-yyyymmdd. You can omit start date or end date, like "19991121-". X-SC-Duration: is used only to limit date specified by X-SC-Day: or X-SC-Cond, so you can't describe event date only by X-SC-Duration:. If X-SC-Duration: is empty, it means no limit. X-SC-Cond: Condition of event date by using following keyword. 00-31 Day of month. 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Last Week in month. Sun Mon ... Sat Day of week. Jan Feb ... Dec Month Examples, X-SC-Cond: Tue Fri Every Tuesday and Friday. X-SC-Cond: 31 Aug Every August 31th. X-SC-Cond: 1st 3rd Fri Every 1st and 3rd Friday. X-SC-Cond: Fri X-SC-Day: !19990409 Every Friday, but except April 9th 1999. X-SC-Cond: Fri 13 Every 13th and Every Friday, not 13th Friday. X-SC-Alarm: Hint for alarm of event. Currently, mhc.el doesn't alaram, but gemcal will pop-up alarm window. It will be useful if you transfer this event to PalmOS. In X-SC-Alarm:, you can specify the number (1 to 99) with suffix such as minute, hour or day. For example, X-SC-Alarm: 10 minutes Alarm 10 minutes before event. X-SC-Alarm: 3 hour Alarm 3 hours before event. X-SC-Alarm: 3 day Alarm 3 day before event. X-SC-Subject: Subject of event. unstructured? X-SC-Location: Location of event. unstructured? X-SC-Category Category of event. Any keyword, space separeated. Case ignored. X-SC-Recoard-Id: Internal use only. SEE ALSO
adb2mhc(1) gemcal(1), mhc-sync(1), mhc2palm(1), palm2mhc(1), today(1). AUTHOR
This program was written by Yoshinari Nomura <nom@quickhack.net> and this manual page was written by Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 23 Jun 2000 mhc(5)