Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find Day of the Week from the given date (Perl)? Post 302173518 by deepakwins on Friday 7th of March 2008 12:13:50 AM
Old 03-07-2008
Can any one help in this pls...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Get Day of Week from date

Hi All, I have date in string format 'YYYY-MM-DD'. I want to know day of the week for this date. Example. For '2005-08-21' my script should return '0' or Sunday For '2005-08-22' it should return '1' or Monday I want piece of code for HP-UX korn shell. Appreciate reply on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpapaiya
5 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to find 'Day of week' in Linux system

Hi All, I want to find a day of week for the Linux system. can some one help me on this.. Thanks in advance, Raji. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajinavaneethan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function to get day of week from YYYY-MM-DD date

Can't find out how to get the day of the week from a given date, anyone got a code snippet that could help please? Ta!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: couponmeup
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Day of the week from date

I have a problem of Finding Day of the week from date, but i need to do it within awk On SOLARIS Input:20101007(YYYYMMDD) Output:Thursday kindly provide suggestions. Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add day of week at the end of each line that shows the date?

I have a file that looks like: file1: www_blank_com 20121008153552 www_blank_com 20121008162542 www_blank_com 20121009040540 www_blank_com 20121009041542 www_blank_com 20121010113548 www_blank_com 20121011113551 www_blank_com 20121012113542 I want the new file to show the day of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: castrojc
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Find Day of Week

In HP-UX the date command does not have the "-d" switch like some other *nixes do. I'm working a simple script to tell me, given the day, month and year what day of the week that falls on. Assuming valid day, month and year input (I'd perform quality checks on the input separately, but not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwuerth
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to obtain a day of the week from the date?

I have a date in format YYYYMMDD, i need to get the day of the week from the given date. I am working in AIX system. ---------- Post updated at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:57 AM ---------- Tried to post sum of the thread's link from which i tried, but de rules didnt allow me... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: baranisachin
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the consecutive last 10 week day date using UNIX ksh shell scripting?

Hi, i am writing a ksh shell script to check the last month end date whether it is falling in last 10 week day date, I am not sure How to use "Mr. Perderabo's date calculator", Could you Please let me know how to use to get my requirement, I tried my own script but duplicate week day and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading in MM/DD/YY, find Day of Week

Hi everyone, I have a shell script that merges many files down in to one, then removes unwanted lines, that part is working fine: #!/bin/bash FILES=/home/pi/temp/qbd/* for f in $FILES do echo "Processing $f file..." # take action on each file. $f store current file name echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjws
9 Replies
DM_DATE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						DM_DATE(1)

NAME
dm_date - print out the system date and time SYNOPSIS
This performs the same operation as the unix 'date' command, but using the Date::Manip module. dm_date [OPTION]... [+FORMAT] DESCRIPTION
This displays information about the current system time, or some other time. Options are: -h, --help Print online help. -d STRING, --date=STRING Display time described by STRING. STRING can be any string which can be parsed by Date::Manip. Please refer to the Date::Manip::Date documentation for details. -f DATEFILE, --file=DATEFILE This reads each line in DATEFILE, and extracts a date from it and prints out the information. Blank lines and lines starting with a pound (#) are ignored. Lines not containing a valid date are also ignored. -r FILE, --reference=FILE Displays the last modification time of FILE. -R, --rfc-2822 Displayc the date and time in RFC 2822 format. Example: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 12:34:56 -0600 -u, --utc, --universal Converts the date to UT (GMT) and prints out the information. Only one of -d, -f, or -r should be included. If more than one is included, the first one from the list (-d, -f, -r) is used and any other is ignored. The format string starts with a plus (+) and contains any of the format directives described in Date::Manip::Date. KNOWN BUGS
None known. BUGS AND QUESTIONS
Please refer to the Date::Manip::Problems documentation for information on submitting bug reports or questions to the author. SEE ALSO
Date::Manip::Date LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org) perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 DM_DATE(1)