Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script to scan through files Post 302173165 by Smiling Dragon on Wednesday 5th of March 2008 09:53:49 PM
Old 03-05-2008
Java

Code:
#!/bin/sh
while read line
do
  if [ "`echo $line | cut -c 10-13`" = "ABCD" -a `echo $line | cut -c 620-640` -lt `echo $line | cut -c 560-580` ]
  then
    echo $line >> /tmp/$$.txt
  fi
done
if [ -r /tmp/$$.txt ]
then
  /your/favourite/email/program you@wher.you.are < /tmp/$$.txt
  rm /tmp/$$.txt
fi

Untested

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

port scan shell script

Hi, Can any one please suggest me commands for making port scan shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrbhole
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to scan back lines

Hi Perl gurus, I have this file to scan through. Sample lines below: 2008031A, USERNAME, 12345, give ABC, take XYZ, transaction submitted 2008031B, USERNAME, 12346, waiting for processing 2008031C, USERNAME, 12347, Retrieving response 2008031D, USERNAME, 12348, This is not a valid dealing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gholdbhurg
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scan Multiple Dir/Files

Hi gang, I have a project I would like to work on as I learn perl & ruby scripting. Maybe a big bite to chew off at first, but that's how I like to learn. Attack a real world problem. I would like to enhance our response to spam attacks here at our office where we run mail, dhcp, dns... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonyd
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Scan proclog files

i need to create a shell script, which will go into a directory , and scan the files in it for defined errors, there will be around 10 files in the directory. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deeprajn95
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

hcitool scan via shell script

Hello, Im new to shell scripting , and i have the following question . The hcitool scan command returns the bluetooth address of the phone . When it is run the output is something like Scanning.... 00:A1:5D:AB:B2:E9 Nokia 6600 Can i get the output in a varaiable in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulkhn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script for listing files and mailing the all files

Hi, I am new to perl: I need to write perl script to list all the files present in directory and mail should be come to my inbox with all the files present in that directory. advanced thanks for valuable inputs. Thanks Prakash GR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script to scan a directory for XML files,

Hi, I am fairly new to unix/linux scripting (about 1 week) and have written a script to scan a directory for xml files, if found call and oracle procedure passing in the file name and then move the file once processed to an archive area. Now everything seems to be working except when there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apacheuk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan two files and print values missing

Dear Experts, Have been seraching this forum from this morning for my query but dint find hence posting it her... Basically i have two input files BSS and MSS which has a unique string , hence i hav tried and seperated the text to compare frm both files .. Any my present input files look like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaliniyadav
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan for anchor tags in Perl?

Hello all, I have some .html files on my hard drive and trying to figure out (if it's possible) how to scan the files in the directory for <a> anchor tags to find linked files. I know how to bring the files in with Perl, but as text. Wondering if there's a way to probe the file for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sldsand
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan directories and create a list of files

Gents, Please can you help. I want to create a list which contends the complete patch of the location of some directories with the size of each file. need to select only .txt file In this case I am try to find the subdirectories tp1 and tp2 and create the output list. jd175-1 tp1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
3 Replies
PTS_SOURCE(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     PTS_SOURCE(1)

NAME
pts_source - Read pts commands from a file SYNOPSIS
pts source [-file] <file name> [-cell] <cell name> [-noauth] [-localauth] [-force] pts so [-f] <file name> [-c] <cell name> [-n] [-l] [-f] DESCRIPTION
The pts source runs commands from a file as if they were typed in pts interactive mode. The command can be run from the command line or interactively. CAUTIONS
Prior to OpenAFS 1.4.5 and OpenAFS 1.5.23, the pts source command was only available on Unix or Linux and when OpenAFS was compiled with the supergroups option (disabled by default). As of OpenAFS 1.4.5 and 1.5.23, it is always available. OPTIONS
pts source takes the following options: -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see pts(1). -force Enables the command to continue executing as far as possible when errors or other problems occur, rather than halting execution at the first error. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see pts(1). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. For more details, see pts(1). OUTPUT
This command shows the output of each command in the file as if it were run normally. EXAMPLES
Here is an example of using pts source in a pts interactive session: % echo examine admin > /tmp/commands.txt % pts interactive pts> source /tmp/commands.txt Name: admin, id: 1, owner: system:administrators, creator: anonymous, membership: 2, flags: S----, group quota: 20. pts> quit % SEE ALSO
pts(1), pts_interactive(1), pts_quit(1), pts_sleep(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2014-04-08 PTS_SOURCE(1)