Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script to scan through files Post 302173057 by gholdbhurg on Wednesday 5th of March 2008 12:23:24 PM
Old 03-05-2008
Perl script to scan through files

Dear perl gurus,
I plan to create a script that will scan through a logfile line by line.
And if ever a certain line meets the below conditions, it will alert me via email.
-->
a) Position 10 to 13 = "ABCD"
b) And also if the amount specified in position 620-640 is less than the amount in position 560-580
Ex: Position620-640 = 00000002000000.000000
Position560-580 = 00000005000000.000000

Thanks in advance Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

port scan shell script

Hi, Can any one please suggest me commands for making port scan shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrbhole
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to scan back lines

Hi Perl gurus, I have this file to scan through. Sample lines below: 2008031A, USERNAME, 12345, give ABC, take XYZ, transaction submitted 2008031B, USERNAME, 12346, waiting for processing 2008031C, USERNAME, 12347, Retrieving response 2008031D, USERNAME, 12348, This is not a valid dealing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gholdbhurg
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scan Multiple Dir/Files

Hi gang, I have a project I would like to work on as I learn perl & ruby scripting. Maybe a big bite to chew off at first, but that's how I like to learn. Attack a real world problem. I would like to enhance our response to spam attacks here at our office where we run mail, dhcp, dns... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonyd
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Scan proclog files

i need to create a shell script, which will go into a directory , and scan the files in it for defined errors, there will be around 10 files in the directory. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deeprajn95
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

hcitool scan via shell script

Hello, Im new to shell scripting , and i have the following question . The hcitool scan command returns the bluetooth address of the phone . When it is run the output is something like Scanning.... 00:A1:5D:AB:B2:E9 Nokia 6600 Can i get the output in a varaiable in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulkhn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script for listing files and mailing the all files

Hi, I am new to perl: I need to write perl script to list all the files present in directory and mail should be come to my inbox with all the files present in that directory. advanced thanks for valuable inputs. Thanks Prakash GR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script to scan a directory for XML files,

Hi, I am fairly new to unix/linux scripting (about 1 week) and have written a script to scan a directory for xml files, if found call and oracle procedure passing in the file name and then move the file once processed to an archive area. Now everything seems to be working except when there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apacheuk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan two files and print values missing

Dear Experts, Have been seraching this forum from this morning for my query but dint find hence posting it her... Basically i have two input files BSS and MSS which has a unique string , hence i hav tried and seperated the text to compare frm both files .. Any my present input files look like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaliniyadav
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan for anchor tags in Perl?

Hello all, I have some .html files on my hard drive and trying to figure out (if it's possible) how to scan the files in the directory for <a> anchor tags to find linked files. I know how to bring the files in with Perl, but as text. Wondering if there's a way to probe the file for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sldsand
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan directories and create a list of files

Gents, Please can you help. I want to create a list which contends the complete patch of the location of some directories with the size of each file. need to select only .txt file In this case I am try to find the subdirectories tp1 and tp2 and create the output list. jd175-1 tp1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
3 Replies
XmTextFieldPosToXY(library call)										  XmTextFieldPosToXY(library call)

NAME
XmTextFieldPosToXY -- A TextField function that accesses the x and y position of a character position SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/TextF.h> Boolean XmTextFieldPosToXY( Widget widget, XmTextPosition position, Position *x, Position *y); DESCRIPTION
XmTextFieldPosToXY accesses the x and y position, relative to the upper left corner of the TextField widget, of a given character position in the text buffer. widget Specifies the TextField widget ID position Specifies the character position in the text for which the x and y position is accessed. This is an integer number of characters from the beginning of the buffer. The first character position is 0. x Specifies the pointer in which the x position is returned. The returned position is the distance from the left side of the wid- get to the left border of the character. This value is meaningful only if the function returns True. y Specifies the pointer in which the y position is returned. The returned position is the distance from the top of the widget to the character's baseline. This value is meaningful only if the function returns True. For a complete definition of TextField and its associated resources, see XmTextField(3). RETURN
This function returns True if the character position is displayed in the TextField widget; otherwise, it returns False, and no x or y value is returned. RELATED
XmTextField(3). XmTextFieldPosToXY(library call)