Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity How to set CoreDump in SuSE 10 Post 302172586 by Laksmi on Tuesday 4th of March 2008 06:49:39 AM
Old 03-04-2008
How to set CoreDump in SuSE 10

Hi All,
Am trying to modify the coreDump value in SuSE 10 by doing the following steps :

1. Add the line "ulimit -Sc 1004" to /etc/profile
2. Relogin using telnet and try the command "ulimit -c". The value is 1004
3. Now relogin using xbrowser the ulimit value is not reflected.

The above changes works perfectly fine in Suse 9, whether i login through telnet or xbrowser.

Please help. Also lemme know what difference it makes when i login through telnet and xbrowser?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

SuSE 8.0...I can't get SaX2 to start on Hercules 128 and YaST2 won't set up X either.

I'm trying to set up a school Linux computer and use Samba to link it to Windows NT. Pentium-133 Hercules 8 meg Stingray 128/3D I'm not too familiar with SuSE's config tools (more used to Mandrake) and so am having some trouble configuring X. SaX2 just won't start, even when I use "sax2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HumanBeanDip
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Set Up Coredump's

I am trying to set up coredumps on a server, I have enabled the coreadm, and have also set a path to whre the coredumps will go. I now need to set the ulimit , as this is set to 0. I made the change: ulimit -c 8192 but when I logged out and back in, it was set back to 0 again. I need to know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mzyvn6
1 Replies

3. SuSE

PhPMyAdmin basic set up on SUSE linux 9.1

Hey, I was wondering if anybody could help me setup my PhpMyAdmin on my SUSE linux 9.1 machine. I want to use it to access MySQL server instead of the defualt MySQLCC-Console Manager. I have not tried yet but i have done a such and it's installed in one of the folders. I would like to point... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sybella1
15 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

1st install Suse, network config set up

Hello, I'm a newbie to unix. I just about have the Suse 10.1 installed. During set up it automatically detected components to access the internet. But failed. I lost now. Any ideas? Thank You (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick7269
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set up Telnet on Suse?

I am trying to use telnet to access a linux box. I know I should be using SSH (which I use personally), but i have to use telnet. How do I configure the linux box to accept the telnet request. I am using Suse Thanks for any help (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
11 Replies
STARTPAR(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       STARTPAR(8)

NAME
startpar - start runlevel scripts in parallel SYNOPSIS
startpar [-p par] [-i iorate] [-t timeout] [-T global_timeout] [-a arg] prg1 prg2 ... startpar [-p par] [-i iorate] [-t timeout] [-T global_timeout] -M [ boot|start|stop] DESCRIPTION
startpar is used to run multiple run-level scripts in parallel. The degree of parallelism on one CPU can be set with the -p option, the default is full parallelism. An argument to all of the scripts can be provided with the -a option. Processes blocked by pending I/O will cause new process creation to be weighted by the iorate factor 800. To change this factor the option -i can be used to specify another value. The amount weight=(nblockedxiorate)/1000 will be subtracted from the total number of processes which could be started, where nblocked is the number of processes currently blocked by pending I/O. The output of each script is buffered and written when the script exits, so output lines of different scripts won't mix. You can modify this behaviour by setting a timeout. The timeout set with the -t option is used as buffer timeout. If the output buffer of a script is not empty and the last output was timeout seconds ago, startpar will flush the buffer. The -T option timeout works more globally. If no output is printed for more than global_timeout seconds, startpar will flush the buffer of the script with the oldest output. Afterwards it will only print output of this script until it is finished. The -M option switches startpar into a make(1) like behaviour. This option takes three different arguments: boot, start, and stop for reading .depend.boot or .depend.start or .depend.stop respectively in the directory /etc/init.d/. By scanning the boot and runlevel direc- tories in /etc/init.d/ it then executes the appropriate scripts in parallel. FILES
/etc/init.d/.depend.boot /etc/init.d/.depend.start /etc/init.d/.depend.stop SEE ALSO
init(8) insserv(8). COPYRIGHT
2003,2004 SuSE Linux AG, Nuernberg, Germany. 2007 SuSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany. AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> Werner Fink <werner@suse.de> Jun 2003 STARTPAR(8)