Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AutoSys Tutorials
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users AutoSys Tutorials Post 302171791 by yvsanil on Friday 29th of February 2008 03:30:04 PM
Old 02-29-2008
Yes, you could call the unix comands in Autosys, Profile is the most important attribute for any job to be executed, please make sure the environmental variable's are specified properly.
cron2jil is the command which you would have to run, after sourcing autosys on the machine you are working, you could run this command.
Autosys does not take the calendar values of the cron jobs,
Please make sure that you dont include a file which has lot of cron jobs for conversion as it may lead to issues.
For all the values you have charecter limit in autosys jil which should also be taken care of

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Online Tutorials

Does anyone know of any decent online tutorials with regard to Solaris and/or Oracle, currently I'm just hamming my way through but would like to get some more in depth knowledge of the subjects. And as I'm sat at work all day with nothing to do, I thought I'd give the old brain a workout before... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmugglet
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tutorials

i just got used to some basic unix commands etc i wanted to learn shell programming i bought the book but it looks like full of command reference and doesn't teach how to do shell scripting any good ones in this site or over the web . thank you siva (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siva_jm
1 Replies

3. Programming

gdb Tutorials

Can anyone give me the link to a website having gdb tutorials (for advanaced debugging & shortcuts) http://www.burneddowndays.com/talk/YaBBImages/rolleyes.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cygwin Tutorials

Hi.. I required Cygwin User Guide and Reference Materials.If anybody knows the related URL Kindly help me. Thanks & Regards :) Sanjay.Karthik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay.karthik
1 Replies

5. Programming

Encryption Tutorials

Hi , I would like to know how to write encrytion functions in c++ in linux environment.so would like u get some tutorials on the topic. Can anyone help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Documentation and books on Autosys Job Control Tool from Autosys

My project uses Autosys. I am new to this product and I don't know where to start from. Q1. Please provide me the link where I can get Autosys documentation Q2. Please refer a good book on Autosys. (Beginner/Intermediate Level) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gram77
0 Replies

7. Linux

RHCE tutorials

Does anyone here who is an RHCE already? Do you have tutorials for this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Autosys: How to change a machine name in Autosys JIL.

All the autosys jobs are on server-1 and server-1 has been crashed due to some reason, Now I have to run 5 autosys jobs on server-2 (failover server) which are on server 1. How to do with Autosys command (which command needs to fired on JIL) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tp2115
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.NET Tutorials

Does anyone have any good .NET Tutorials? What are some good websites for .NET Tutorials? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies
queuedefs(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and crontab SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by (see cron(1M)). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: [njob[nice[nwait The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue, such that is the default queue for jobs started by (see at(1)), is the queue for jobs started by (see at(1)), and is the queue for jobs run from a file (see crontab(1)). Queue names through designate user-defined queues. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue. Although any number can be specified here, (see cron(1M)) by default limits the number of jobs that can be run on all the queues to 100. This limitation can be removed by setting the variable to 1 in the file. nice The value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user (see nice(1)). The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because more than 100 jobs were running in all the queues (see njob above). EXAMPLES
Consider the following file: The file is interpreted as follows: The queue, for jobs (see at(1)), can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously, and those jobs will be run with a value of 1. Since no nwait value is given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it (see cron(1M)). The queue, for jobs (see at(1)), can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously. Those jobs will be run with a value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously. They will be run with a value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. SEE ALSO
at(1), nice(1), crontab(1), cron(1M), proto(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
queuedefs(4)