Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to unzip and extract tar file in single command Post 302171554 by shankarjerri on Thursday 28th of February 2008 07:18:55 PM
Old 02-28-2008
In linux, you can user
Code:
tar -zxf <filename>.gz

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar: extract single file to different filepath

Hi, This is my first post here - I'm hoping I can get some help! I have searched these forums and othersand not getting anything that works. I am trying to extract a single file from a tar archive to a diffierent location than it will default to. For example my tar log shows me ... a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleIdiot
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar command help -- extract single file

Hi, I want to view/display the contents of one file in tar file. For example if the tar file is sam.tar.gz and one of the file inside is E1.txt, how do i view the contents of this E1.txt file. Olso if I want to extract the E1.txt file only from sam.tar.gz how can i do that. Thanks in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: icefish
7 Replies

3. Linux

Unzip selected files in .tar.gz file

Hi All, By accident, i deleted some files. Fortunately I have a backup backup.tar.gz files (750GB). It's too big for me to untar to get the file Is it possible that i could get the selected files in backup.tar.gz if i know exactly where the files are located. Thanks. Ken (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trongkhuongsg
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is command to extract single file from an archieve?

I just want to extract one sigle file from an .ear archieve instead of extracting whole ear. Can anyone help me on this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshal_dcx
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip single file and untar single file

Dear friends, My requirement below- 1] I have a zip file on unix server - ETL_Extracts_20100218175009.zip which is composed of various entity extracts namely... ENTITY1.txt, ENTITY2.txt, ENTITY3.txt etc.... How do I unzip only a single file ..say ENTITY2.txt from this zip file. CAn you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single command - unzip files from a tar command

I have a tar file that contains multiple .Z files. Hence I need to issue a tar command followed by a gzip command to fully extract the files. How do I do it in a single command? What I'm doing now is tar xvf a.tar (this will output 1.Z and 2.Z) gzip -d *.Z (to extract 1.Z and 2.Z) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericlim
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a single file from a tar file to another directory

Hi, I need to extract a single file from a tar file to another directory. So far I have this: This one extract a single file to same directory: tar -xvf filename.tar ./file.txt I tried this but its not working tar -xvf filename.tar /home/dir ./file.txt or this: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a list of files using unzip command

Hi all, this is my first and i can't speak english well, so please be kind ! Here is my problem : I want to unzip a list of .zip files stored in one directory, so I though about using that : unzip '*.zip' Thing is that all of my zipped folders contain a file with the unique same name :... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: remissssss
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract .zip file without using unzip,tar

Hi, Need to extract a file containing multiple .txt files without using tar/unzip as they are not available (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santoshdrkr
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Tar and unzip on single command

Hi All, First of all I don't know whether this is possible. or no. Thought of getting experts thought. I am having a tar file which contains zipped file in it . I tried individual command with extraction and it worked tar -tvf TRANS_279.tar -rw-rw-r-- qqa00 1394 2016-10-03 10:39:19... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)