Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to remove duplicate records with out sort Post 302171330 by svenkatareddy on Thursday 28th of February 2008 07:38:34 AM
Old 02-28-2008
Thanks..

It's working

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all instances of duplicate records from the file

Hi experts, I am new to scripting. I have a requirement as below. File1: A|123|NAME1 A|123|NAME2 B|123|NAME3 File2: C|123|NAME4 C|123|NAME5 D|123|NAME6 1) I have 2 merge both the files. 2) need to do a sort ( key fields are first and second field) 3) remove all the instances... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove duplicate records with out sort

Can any one give me command How to delete duplicate records with out sort. Suppose if the records like below: 345,bcd,789 123,abc,456 234,abc,456 712,bcd,789 out tput should be 345,bcd,789 123,abc,456 Key for the records is 2nd and 3rd fields.fields are seperated by colon(,). (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
19 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate records

I want to remove the records based on duplicate. I want to remove if two or more records exists with combination fields. Those records should not come once also file abc.txt ABC;123;XYB;HELLO; ABC;123;HKL;HELLO; CDE;123;LLKJ;HELLO; ABC;123;LSDK;HELLO; CDF;344;SLK;TEST key fields are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Duplicate Records

Hi frinds, Need your help. item , color ,desc ==== ======= ==== 1,red ,abc 1,red , a b c 2,blue,x 3,black,y 4,brown,xv 4,brown,x v 4,brown, x v I have to elemnet the duplicate rows on the basis of item. the final out put will be 1,red ,abc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imipsita.rath
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and Remove Duplicate on file

How do we sort and remove duplicate on column 1,2 retaining the record with maximum date (in feild 3) for the file with following format. aaa|1234|2010-12-31 aaa|1234|2010-11-10 bbb|345|2011-01-01 ccc|346|2011-02-01 bbb|345|2011-03-10 aaa|1234|2010-01-01 Required Output ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabarif16
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove somewhat Duplicate records from a flat file

I have a flat file that contains records similar to the following two lines; 1984/11/08 7 700000 123456789 2 1984/11/08 1941/05/19 7 700000 123456789 2 The 123456789 2 represents an account number, this is how I identify the duplicate record. The ### signs represent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolney
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines based on field and sort

I have a csv file that I would like to remove duplicate lines based on field 1 and sort. I don't care about any of the other fields but I still wanna keep there data intact. I was thinking I could do something like this but I have no idea how to print the full line with this. Please show any method... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate chars and sort string [SED]

Hi, INPUT: DCBADD OUTPUT: ABCD The SED script should alphabetically sort the chars in the string and remove the duplicate chars. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jds93
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate records

Hi, i am working on a script that would remove records or lines in a flat file. The only difference in the file is the "NOT NULL" word. Please see below example of the input file. INPUT FILE:> CREATE a ( TRIAL_CLIENT NOT NULL VARCHAR2(60), TRIAL_FUND NOT NULL... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines, sort it and save it as file itself

Hi, all I have a csv file that I would like to remove duplicate lines based on 1st field and sort them by the 1st field. If there are more than 1 line which is same on the 1st field, I want to keep the first line of them and remove the rest. I think I have to use uniq or something, but I still... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies
Regexp::Common::number(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Regexp::Common::number(3)

NAME
Regexp::Common::number -- provide regexes for numbers SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /number/; while (<>) { /^$RE{num}{int}$/ and print "Integer "; /^$RE{num}{real}$/ and print "Real "; /^$RE{num}{real}{-base => 16}$/ and print "Hexadecimal real "; } DESCRIPTION
Please consult the manual of Regexp::Common for a general description of the works of this interface. Do not use this module directly, but load it via Regexp::Common. $RE{num}{int}{-base}{-sep}{-group}{-places} Returns a pattern that matches an integer. If "-base => B" is specified, the integer is in base B, with "2 <= B <= 36". For bases larger than 10, upper case letters are used. The default base is 10. If "-sep => P" is specified, the pattern P is required as a grouping marker within the number. If this option is not given, no grouping marker is used. If "-group => N" is specified, digits between grouping markers must be grouped in sequences of exactly N digits. The default value of N is 3. If "-group => N,M" is specified, digits between grouping markers must be grouped in sequences of at least N digits, and at most M digits. This option is ignored unless the "-sep" option is used. If "-places => N" is specified, the integer recognized must be exactly N digits wide. If "-places => N,M" is specified, the integer must be at least N wide, and at most M characters. There is no default, which means that integers are unlimited in size. This option is ignored if the "-sep" option is used. For example: $RE{num}{int} # match 1234567 $RE{num}{int}{-sep=>','} # match 1,234,567 $RE{num}{int}{-sep=>',?'} # match 1234567 or 1,234,567 $RE{num}{int}{-sep=>'.'}{-group=>4} # match 1.2345.6789 Under "-keep" (see Regexp::Common): $1 captures the entire number $2 captures the optional sign of the number $3 captures the complete set of digits $RE{num}{real}{-base}{-radix}{-places}{-sep}{-group}{-expon} Returns a pattern that matches a floating-point number. If "-base=N" is specified, the number is assumed to be in that base (with A..Z representing the digits for 11..36). By default, the base is 10. If "-radix=P" is specified, the pattern P is used as the radix point for the number (i.e. the "decimal point" in base 10). The default is "qr/[.]/". If "-places=N" is specified, the number is assumed to have exactly N places after the radix point. If "-places=M,N" is specified, the number is assumed to have between M and N places after the radix point. By default, the number of places is unrestricted. If "-sep=P" specified, the pattern P is required as a grouping marker within the pre-radix section of the number. By default, no separator is allowed. If "-group=N" is specified, digits between grouping separators must be grouped in sequences of exactly N characters. The default value of N is 3. If "-expon=P" is specified, the pattern P is used as the exponential marker. The default value of P is "qr/[Ee]/". For example: $RE{num}{real} # matches 123.456 or -0.1234567 $RE{num}{real}{-places=>2} # matches 123.45 or -0.12 $RE{num}{real}{-places=>'0,3'} # matches 123.456 or 0 or 9.8 $RE{num}{real}{-sep=>'[,.]?'} # matches 123,456 or 123.456 $RE{num}{real}{-base=>3'} # matches 121.102 Under "-keep": $1 captures the entire match $2 captures the optional sign of the number $3 captures the complete mantissa $4 captures the whole number portion of the mantissa $5 captures the radix point $6 captures the fractional portion of the mantissa $7 captures the optional exponent marker $8 captures the entire exponent value $9 captures the optional sign of the exponent $10 captures the digits of the exponent $RE{num}{dec}{-radix}{-places}{-sep}{-group}{-expon} A synonym for $RE{num}{real}{-base=>10}{...} $RE{num}{oct}{-radix}{-places}{-sep}{-group}{-expon} A synonym for $RE{num}{real}{-base=>8}{...} $RE{num}{bin}{-radix}{-places}{-sep}{-group}{-expon} A synonym for $RE{num}{real}{-base=>2}{...} $RE{num}{hex}{-radix}{-places}{-sep}{-group}{-expon} A synonym for $RE{num}{real}{-base=>16}{...} $RE{num}{decimal}{-base}{-radix}{-places}{-sep}{-group} The same as $RE{num}{real}, except that an exponent isn't allowed. Hence, this returns a pattern matching decimal numbers. If "-base=N" is specified, the number is assumed to be in that base (with A..Z representing the digits for 11..36). By default, the base is 10. If "-radix=P" is specified, the pattern P is used as the radix point for the number (i.e. the "decimal point" in base 10). The default is "qr/[.]/". If "-places=N" is specified, the number is assumed to have exactly N places after the radix point. If "-places=M,N" is specified, the number is assumed to have between M and N places after the radix point. By default, the number of places is unrestricted. If "-sep=P" specified, the pattern P is required as a grouping marker within the pre-radix section of the number. By default, no separator is allowed. If "-group=N" is specified, digits between grouping separators must be grouped in sequences of exactly N characters. The default value of N is 3. For example: $RE{num}{decimal} # matches 123.456 or -0.1234567 $RE{num}{decimal}{-places=>2} # matches 123.45 or -0.12 $RE{num}{decimal}{-places=>'0,3'} # matches 123.456 or 0 or 9.8 $RE{num}{decimal}{-sep=>'[,.]?'} # matches 123,456 or 123.456 $RE{num}{decimal}{-base=>3'} # matches 121.102 Under "-keep": $1 captures the entire match $2 captures the optional sign of the number $3 captures the complete mantissa $4 captures the whole number portion of the mantissa $5 captures the radix point $6 captures the fractional portion of the mantissa $RE{num}{square} Returns a pattern that matches a (decimal) square. Because Perl's arithmetic is lossy when using integers over about 53 bits, this pattern only recognizes numbers less than 9000000000000000, if one uses a Perl that is configured to use 64 bit integers. Otherwise, the limit is 2147483647. These restrictions were introduced in versions 2.116 and 2.117 of Regexp::Common. Regardless whether "-keep" was set, the matched number will be returned in $1. This pattern is available for version 5.008 and up. $RE{num}{roman} Returns a pattern that matches an integer written in Roman numbers. Case doesn't matter. Only the more modern style, that is, no more than three repetitions of a letter, is recognized. The largest number matched is MMMCMXCIX, or 3999. Larger numbers cannot be expressed using ASCII characters. A future version will be able to deal with the Unicode symbols to match larger Roman numbers. Under "-keep", the number will be captured in $1. SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common for a general description of how to use this interface. AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. For a start, there are many common regexes missing. Send them in to regexp-common@abigail.be. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2009, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.16.2 2011-04-16 Regexp::Common::number(3)