Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris What command can display files in a tree? Post 302171171 by vino on Wednesday 27th of February 2008 09:02:30 PM
Old 02-27-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllemon
Very cool command. I'm trying it on OSX 10.5.2 and it's displaying all the folders but not the files. Can anyone help me adjust the command so I see file names too?
Thanks.
Drop the -type flag
Code:
find . -print | sed -e 's;[^/]*/;|____;g;s;____|; |;g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tree command

In DOS, to get the complete directory structure, we use 'TREE' command.. can anyone tell me what is the equivalent command in Unix I am using SunOS ABC 5.8 Generic_117350-18 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wip_vasikaran
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy directory tree with files

Iam in the process of copying a directory with thousands of directories and files into a new directory. I need to preserve permissions, owner, group, date and timestamps, everything. Iam using AIX and would need help of writing the command whether it is cp-RP or cpio. Apprecaite your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tree command

How can i install tree command in ubundu without root ? I have found some shell script which does the same job as tree but i would like to get all the options in tree command thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Likely charset issue with tree command?

Hi All I'm using a tree command in a script that for me outputs:- | - - DIRECTORYNAME However a different user is getting the following output:- aaa (actually with an umlat above them) DIRECTORYNAME I'm not sure where this could be coming from, any ideas anyone? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Tree as alias command

Hi, I have this command: ls -R | grep ":$" | sed -e 's/:$//' -e 's/*\//--/g' -e 's/^/ /' -e 's/-/|/' Works nicely to show the current file structure as a tree. I'd like to have it as an alias in '' but doesn't work just like that and I can't fix it with backslashes: alias tree='?' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using tree to display only certain directories

I want to use tree to display the directory tree. It is easy to use tree -d -L 2 However I would like to run it on specific list of directories. Can such a thing be performed? Example: /media/academic-repo/chrisd/literature tree -d prose -L 2 prose ├── computer-technology... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on ps tree listing command - Linux/Solaris

Hi all, Can any guru please help on how I can tweak the following ps command so that it only shows the lines that I wanted. $ command ps -HAcl -F S -A f F S UID PID PPID CLS PRI ADDR SZ WCHAN RSS PSR STIME TTY TIME CMD 4 S root 1 0 TS 24 - 2592 ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using ls command to display files for range of values only

Hi Forum. I tried to search the forum for an answer but couldn't find it. I have the following files in my directory: PROFILE_TXN_61647.dat PROFILE_TXN_61648.dat PROFILE_TXN_61649.dat PROFILE_TXN_61650.dat PROFILE_TXN_61651.dat PROFILE_TXN_61652.dat PROFILE_TXN_61653.dat... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tree command does not print properly

Hi, when I run tree command in linux box getting below image, not the line test âââ lost+found âââ test1 â  âââ aaa.txt â  âââ bbb.txt âââ test2 3 directories, 2 files installed tree-1.5.3-2.el6.x86_64 package (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a script/command on all the directories in a directory tree?

How to run a script/command on all the directories in a directory tree? The below script is just for the files in a single directory, how to run it on all the directories in a directory tree? #!/bin/sh for audio_files in *.mp3 do outfile="${audio_files%.*}.aiff" sox "$audio_files"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
2 Replies