Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [NewBie] Create User Profile
Operating Systems Solaris [NewBie] Create User Profile Post 302169975 by stevie_velvet on Saturday 23rd of February 2008 10:37:51 AM
Old 02-23-2008
#useradd

or
#man useradd

for the corrrect invokecation of that command

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Changing user profile - Newbie question

Hi guys, I am very very new to AIX, (actually today I entered an AIX server for the first time), but I have worked with Solaris a little bit in the past. Today when I entered the system, the first thing I realized is that there was no "/home/" directory created, and instead it took me to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panchopp
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how I create my .profile

Hello Sir, I m new user in unix.Please help me to create my dot profile. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nirmal
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie problem with simple script to create a directory

script is: dirname= "$(date +%b%d)_$(date +%H%M)" mkdir $dirname should create a directory named Nov4_ Instead I get the following returned: root@dchs-pint-001:/=>./test1 ./test1: Nov04_0736: not found. Usage: mkdir Directory ... root@dchs-pint-001:/=> TOO easy, but what am I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwfay
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create and load my own .profile

Hello to everyone, This is my first that I use any group in order to find a reply to my question. I would really like your help!!! Do you know how can I create my own .profile file in unix (not edit the existing one) and how can I load it when i open a new bash? I would like those settings... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unbalanced
1 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Firefox create new profile in non default location

Could someone please explain how to setup a new firefox profile in non default location from the command line? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Create a new user from using existing users profile

Hello, Just wanting to know if it is possible. Also I am new to command line. I am running 5.1b, if that matters. Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcha
10 Replies

9. Red Hat

Connect Direct - XSMG242I -Create user profile - sdsc_create failed

HI, I have two Linux servers on which IBM Sterling ConnectDirect is installed. I want to transfer a file from server(abc20) to abc19. I have edited userfile.cfg & netmap.cfg on both the server still file transfer is not happening. Also the file is getting transferred from abc20 to abc20 itself... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABM_CD
5 Replies
USER(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   USER(8)

NAME
user -- manage user login information on the system SYNOPSIS
user add -D [options] user add [options] user user del -D [options] user del [options] user user info [options] user user mod [options] user DESCRIPTION
The user utility acts as a frontend to the useradd(8), usermod(8), userinfo(8), and userdel(8) commands. The utilities by default are built with EXTENSIONS. This allows for further functionality. For a full explanation of the options available, please see the relevant manual page. EXIT STATUS
The user utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. FILES
/etc/skel/.[A-z]* Skeleton files for new user /etc/usermgmt.conf Configuration file for user, group(8) and the backend commands mentioned above. SEE ALSO
chpass(1), group(5), passwd(5), usermgmt.conf(5), useradd(8), userdel(8), userinfo(8), usermod(8) HISTORY
The user utility first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. It is based on the addnerd package by the same author. AUTHORS
The user utility was written by Alistair G. Crooks <agc@NetBSD.org>. BSD
November 16, 2005 BSD