Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash: Exiting while true loop when terminal is not the focus window Post 302167051 by acclaypool on Wednesday 13th of February 2008 10:46:19 AM
Old 02-13-2008
"but I'm don't want"

Smilie I just read over my post, my "but I'm don't want" made me giggle internally.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exiting eXceed window kills my process

Hi, I run a binary application with GUI accessibility. To launch and close the application i follow the following steps: 1.Log into a console session. Export display to the local workstation. 2.Launch X windows app ( eXceed ) 3.From terminal session go to the my application directory and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantaputi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to exit a while true loop

Hi guys, I'm new to unix but loving it!! BUT this is driving me nuts as i can't work out the best way to do it. I have a while true loop that i use to monitor something. For my own reasons in ths script i have disabled the CTRL C using the trap command. But i want to put in a option to exit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Noob e
5 Replies

3. Programming

Proximity-card reader: no data when app window out of focus

Hello. I can't get it work :( My application receives data from em-marin reader only being active. Switching to another app makes the port become silent. MarinReader works in another thread. Port reading is going while the app is inactive (tested). Env: Ubuntu 9.04, Gnome, Qt (i've tryed pure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dp0H
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop until true

Hi I need help with a script to loop unitl the statement is true done some thing like this until if then cp filename filename.anto fi done Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using arrays in bash using strings to bash built-in true

I have the following code and for some reason when I call the program using /home/tcdata/tatsh/trunk/hstmy/bin/bash/raytrac.bash --cmod=jcdint.cmod I get hasArgument = hasArgument = true Somehow the array element is returning even though I have not chosen the option. ... (41 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
41 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop true problem

hi, i am new in bash scripting. i am trying to write a Bash script to monitor how many process are running in my Redhat6 Linux machine. example : let say there must be always 5 process from the same kind that must run and if one off them fails down the script must wake up another process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigizag
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

While Loop Exiting

We are trying to design a flow so that an ETL job shouldn't start until the previous job completes. The script we have written is while ; do sleep 2; done The loop however exits even when the process is actually running. Why could this be happening? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome_rajan
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to regain the focus back to the launch window?

Consider this code snippet below:- char=`which afplay` if then xterm -e 'while true; do clear; echo "Press Ctrl-C to Quit..."; afplay /tmp/pulse.wav; done' & > /dev/null 2>&1 fi This launches a second terminal window that generates a specific waveform for the next calibration of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

While true loop stopped

Hello Team, In my shell script, it stopped without killing it. Could you please help why ? Below is the code : get_dpi44_currentFiles() { truncate --size 0 $dpi_44_fixed_currentFileList if ssh $dpi_srvr_44 -p 2222 "ls $dpi_44_sourceFilesDir/fixed | grep '\.tgz$'" >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
5 Replies
PUSH(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   PUSH(8)

NAME
push -- fetch mail via POP SYNOPSIS
push [-5 | --krb5] [-v | --verbose] [-f | --fork] [-l | --leave] [--from] [-c | --count] [--headers=headers] [-p port-spec | --port=port-spec] po-box filename DESCRIPTION
push retrieves mail from the post office box po-box, and stores the mail in mbox format in filename. The po-box can have any of the follow- ing formats: 'hostname:username' 'po:hostname:username' 'username@hostname' 'po:username@hostname' 'hostname' 'po:username' If no username is specified, push assumes that it's the same as on the local machine; hostname defaults to the value of the MAILHOST environ- ment variable. Supported options: -5, --krb5 use Kerberos 5 (if compiled with support for Kerberos 5) -f, --fork fork before starting to delete messages -l, --leave don't delete fetched mail --from behave like from. -c, --count first print how many messages and bytes there are. --headers=headers a list of comma-separated headers that should get printed. -p port-spec, --port=port-spec use this port instead of the default 'kpop' or '1109'. The default is to first try Kerberos 5 authentication and then, if that fails, Kerberos 4. ENVIRONMENT
MAILHOST points to the post office, if no other hostname is specified. EXAMPLES
$ push cornfield:roosta ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box tries to fetch mail for the user roosta from the post office at ``cornfield'', and stores the mail in ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box (you are using Gnus, aren't you?) $ push --from -5 havregryn tries to fetch From: lines for current user at post office ``havregryn'' using Kerberos 5. SEE ALSO
from(1), pfrom(1), movemail(8), popper(8) HISTORY
push was written while waiting for movemail to finish getting the mail. HEIMDAL
May 31, 1998 HEIMDAL