Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thunderbird Error
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Thunderbird Error Post 302166474 by bullfinch on Tuesday 12th of February 2008 03:02:30 AM
Old 02-12-2008
thunderbird.

Try setting simultanious/cached connections to 1 in the Account setting -> server settings for the account.

Some mailservers with a lot of users don't have enough "slots" for everyone.

Hope this helps, but as long as its not your internettconnection that gives you the error this is a thunderbird-error its best to ask the thunderbird-ppl.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does anyone use Mozilla Thunderbird

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird for e-mail and it tells me cannot connect to mail.qs.com. Then it goes into SMTP Issues when I try to send e-mail out. Does anyone have any suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cnitadesigner
1 Replies

2. Slackware

Thunderbird 3.1.9 deletes from drafts

I am using Tbird as it came with Slackware 13.37 and everytime I send something I get a message 1 or 2 drafts deleted. Should it be doing that? If not has this been reported ? How can I find out if it was reported? I have no drafts to delete. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Thunderbird user accounts

Hi All I am trying to find a way to set-up a thunderbird account by using a script, i have been trying to to add the lines into the pref.js file but it keeps getting overwritten any help would be great thanks Adam (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
0 Replies
thunderbird(1)							   User Commands						    thunderbird(1)

NAME
thunderbird - Thunderbird for Sun Java Desktop System SYNOPSIS
thunderbird [options ... ] [url] DESCRIPTION
Thunderbird is a free, open-source mail client based on the Mozilla codebase. It is a robust and easy to use client,similar to competing products like other mail client, but with some major advantages such as junk mail classification. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -height value Set the height of startup window to value. -h or -help Display the help message. -width value Set the width of startup window to value. -v or -version Display the version message. -P profile Start with the profile named: profile. -ProfileManager Start with profile manager. -UILocale locale Start with the UI Locale listed: locale. -contentLocale locale Start with the content Locale listed: locale. -jsconsole Open the JavaScript console. -addressbook Open the address book at startup. -compose Compose a mail or news message. -mail Open the mail folder view. -options Open the options dialog. -news Open the news client. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching Thunderbird example% thunderbird EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully 1 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/thunderbird Executable for Thunderbird application $HOME/.mozilla/thunderbird User configuration files for Thunderbird ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWthunderbird | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
For more information about thunderbird, please refer to http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird Refer to Help->Mozilla Thunderbird Help for more information. NOTES
Updated by Leon Sha, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. SunOS 5.11 8 Jun 2006 thunderbird(1)