Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Previous command
Operating Systems HP-UX Previous command Post 302166460 by HPAVC on Tuesday 12th of February 2008 02:08:27 AM
Old 02-12-2008
What shell and TERM?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting the previous command

Hello all I'm on SunOS5.9 and I'm trying to make the arrow keys work as in DOS ..get the previous command , etc .. I searched this site and got an answer. I pasted the following code to my .kshrc file in my home directory...It still does not seem to work ...Am I missing anything here ? I'm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Seeing previous command

Guys, In work we have just gotten a new HP 9000 server and I'm trying to set it up so that if I press <Up arrow> key I can see the command I typed in last(and press enter to run it again). Can anyone advise how to set this up. One friend suggested I touch a file called .toucheditXXXX (I cant... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackieChan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Previous Command

We have a Solaris Server and I am acessing it through telnet to run various commands for my data validation like GREP, SED, AWK etc. My requirement is how do i use the previous command that was executed. I tried the option 'ESC' and then 'k'. It displays the characters like '^[[A' etc. How do I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Previous Command

We have a Solaris Server and I am acessing it through telnet to run various commands for my data validation like GREP, SED, AWK etc. My requirement is how do i use the previous command that was executed. I tried the option 'ESC' and then 'k'. It displays the characters like '^[[A' etc. How do I... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Previous Command

We have a Solaris Server and I am acessing it through telnet to run various commands for my data validation like GREP, SED, AWK etc. My requirement is how do i use the previous command that was executed. I tried the option 'ESC' and then 'k'. It displays the characters like '^[[A' etc. How do I... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

previous,next command in unix

Hi , after pressing down arrow,up arrow I want to find previous,next command in unix wat can i do for tat plz tell me I am accesing unix server thru telnet. my shell prompt ksh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arulkumar
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Repeat previous unix command

Hi all, Is there a way to bring back the previous unix command without retyping? I tried the "arror up" key, and it seems not working (sun solaris). What is the correct way? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: syang68
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Referring from the print of the previous command

Hi, I am a newbie in SHell Programming. I want to ask something about referring the result of the previous command in Shell-Prog. For example : bnm@dsds~> ifconfig eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0B:CD:85:A5:8A inet addr:192.168.0.2 Bcast:192.168.0.225 Mask... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobb
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

date command - getting previous month

Hi, On any given day, I want to capture the month that has gone by - said otherwise, how do I capture last month? expr date '+%m' - 1 Above expression is giving error. Please advise thanks ---------- Post updated at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:11 AM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving previous command in a script

i know from the command line, the symbol $_ is used to get the last command that was run. however, id like to replicate this within a script. meaning, how do i do something like this: #!/bin/sh ps -ef | egrep talling StoreThisLastCommandA=$_ awk '/error/ {print $3}' /tmp/test... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies
asadmin-multimode(1AS)													    asadmin-multimode(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-multimode, multimode - allows you to execute multiple commands while preserving environment settings and remaining in the asadmin utility SYNOPSIS
multimode [--file filename] [--printprompt=true] [--encoding encode] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] Use multimode to process the asadmin commands. The command-line interface will prompt you for a command, execute that command, display the results of the command, and then prompt you for the next command. Additionally, all the asadmin option names set in this mode are used for all the subsequent commands. You can set your environment and run commands until you exit multimode by typing "exit" or "quit." You can also provide commands by passing a previously prepared list of commands from a file or standard input (pipe). You can invoke multimode from within a multimode session; once you exit the second multimode environment, you return to your original multimode environment. This command is supported in local mode only. --file reads the commands as defined in the file. --printprompt allows the printing of asadmin prompt after each command is executed. Set this option to false when the commands are piped or redirected from the standard input or file. By default the option is set to true. --encoding specifies the locale for the file to be decoded. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on to the standard output. Default is false. Example 1: Using multimode to execute multiple commands example% asadmin multimode --file commands_file.txt Where: example% is the system prompt. The multimode settings are executed from the commands_file.txt file. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-export(1AS), asadmin-unset(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-multimode(1AS)